Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Thinking of getting this Magna

#21 Unread post by Wrider »

No definitely don't use either on a regular basis lol. You always know when a bike is on it's first "post-winter" ride if the owner uses StaBil because there's a smoke coming out of the tailpipes that isn't coolant or oil.

As for Seafoam, you can, but honestly maybe once a year is all you should use it. Any more than that and you'll just be wasting money/time.

On the Magna your biggest preventative maintenance item is going to be cleaning/lubing/adjusting your chain and making sure you aren't so busy riding you forget to change the oil... lol
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

GSoleiman
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2000 Honda Rebel CXM250

#22 Unread post by GSoleiman »

Wrider wrote:No definitely don't use either on a regular basis lol. You always know when a bike is on it's first "post-winter" ride if the owner uses StaBil because there's a smoke coming out of the tailpipes that isn't coolant or oil.

As for Seafoam, you can, but honestly maybe once a year is all you should use it. Any more than that and you'll just be wasting money/time.

On the Magna your biggest preventative maintenance item is going to be cleaning/lubing/adjusting your chain and making sure you aren't so busy riding you forget to change the oil... lol

Good deal...

I'll keep that in mind...You actually just reminded me of chain lubing on my Rebel!

Engine Answerman
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 2002 Harley Davidson

#23 Unread post by Engine Answerman »

Hi, it's Bobby Cleveland. Many of you know me as the Engine Answerman, and I wanted to chime in on the conversation regarding usage of STA-BIL and how often it should be used. There are two different STA-BIL products that can help protect your engine. One is for storage, and one is to be used with every fill up:

STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer is the ultimate storage additive. It contains a complex mix of chemicals designed to keep fuel fresh for up to 1 year and prevent gunk from building up in the fuel system that will keep the engine from starting and running smoothly. STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment is intended to be used with every fill up to protect engines against the damaging effects of ethanol-blended fuels. It includes all of those same storage benefits as a fuel stabilizer as well as improved water removal abilities, increased detergents to keep the fuel system sparkling clean, and better corrosion protection to prevent rust on carburetors and injectors. So make sure to use the Ethanol Treatment with every fill up to protect your engine.

If you have more questions about STA-BIL or anything engine related, feel free to post them here, and I’ll respond directly. You can also view product reviews and information at http://www.goldeagle.com/products/10_oz_ethanol.aspx or see a video on how STA-BIL works here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJ8Mr8KVzc&feature=plcp. You can also reach Gold Eagle Co.’s customer service team at 1-800-367-3245.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Above post checks out and is approved. Welcome to Total Motorcycle and to the TMW community Bobby aka. Engine Answerman.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.