Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Honda NC700XA,Yamaha YZF-R125,BMW K100RS

Honda CBR125R / Yamaha R125 help!

#1 Unread post by AfXv237 »

Hello,
I don't know if I posted in the right section, but I take the risk.
I want to get a town economical commuter. I've thought first of Honda's CBF125 or Yamaha's Virago 250/SR125/YBR125. They are all nice, economical and reliable, but naked. Lastly, I decided to choose between 2009+ Honda CBR125R or Yamaha YZF-R125. Even though they are more sportish, they return excellent fuel economy (2 to 2,5l/100km or 90+ US MPG) and above all, they are fully-faired (so I won't have much trouble with the wind). Before picking one of these I want to know some information which only people who owned them can help me. Need to mention that there are things that do not really matter to me. For example, the motorcycle height. I am 180cm and they both fit me right(Honda is lower and Yamaha higher seated).

First off, I'm interested in how many RPMs require each bike to maintain 60km/h (or 40mph) (max 70km/h) in the 6th gear.
2) Which of these is the most confortable (for example: which one requires a more upright position)
3) At what RPM should I up-shift in order to get the BEST fuel economy? (I don't really care about speed. 60-70km/h should be maximum)
4) Which one is physically better? (I mean which one has better suspension, forks, etc. so I am talking about components' quality)
5) Which one is more reliable? (Since I am planning to drive them at low RPMs, I believe they will last forever, but are there any common faulties that people often encounter on any of these 2 bikes?)
6) Since I am looking for fuel economy (and not speed), should a smaller sprocket improve the torque and therefore return better consumption? (or is the original sprocket perfect? For example: I've seen people replacing the sprocket for Ninja 250 with a smaller one and the fuel consumption was considerably improved)
7) Any tips about getting better fuel consumption are well-appreciated.
Are there any better fully-faired motorcycle which returns 90+ US MPG and which are also known for reliability (4 stroke and Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki or Yamaha should be the brands)

At the moment, I'm 70% for Yamaha R125. But before deciding, I need those questions answered.

Thank you. Any answers would be appreciated.
2012 Honda NC700XA, 2011 Yamaha YZF-R125 , 1989 BMW K100RS, 1990 Yamaha XT600, 1999 & 1997 Yamaha SR125, Aprilia Tuareg 50, Kawasaki KL50

skilzox
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 1992 yamaha rs

Re: Honda CBR125R / Yamaha R125 help!

#2 Unread post by skilzox »

And otherwise the machine is good to start with ??? I mean I don't go running or something xD.

Lebsack
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: BMW

#3 Unread post by Lebsack »

Thanks for the information, I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

garrett21
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: abcd

#4 Unread post by garrett21 »

Reasons to buy Yamaha YZF-R125
  • You won’t find a better-looking 125. But that’s obvious. You’ve got eyes.
    It doesn’t just look like a proper sports bike. It stops and handles like one too.
    It’s right on the power limit for learners and A1 licence holders, at 15hp.
    If you’ve a mind to, you can tune them for more power (after gaining the appropriate licence, naturally). There’s a Malossi 182cc big-bore kit.
    Every 17-year-old wants a better bike than their mates' and this is basically the daddy. If price were no object, which would you have?

Reasons to buy CBR125R
  • It’s £850 cheaper than the Yamaha. That’s nearly a whole of your thousand pounds.
    It’s more learner-friendly, with a lower seat-height than the Yamaha and a useful steering lock.
    It’s great fun to throw around, with sharp handling, good brakes and suspension.
    It makes the most of its 13.1hp, with super-linear power delivery.
    It’s sharper looking since a 2007 restyling. Earlier models looked a bit weedy.

Rickey526
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2020

#5 Unread post by Rickey526 »

A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing, I discovered a ton of fascinating data here. A great post, extremely grateful and accommodating that you will compose a lot more posts like this one.

Harsh12
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2014/2014/ Yamaha Mt 07

#6 Unread post by Harsh12 »

This was Something i was looking since a very long time.