New to forum with a question

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: New to forum with a question

#11 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/kawasaki ... tailvalue/

^ Kelly Blue Book puts a 1999 Concours at $2,255 in excellent condition. I don't know enough about the Concours to be sure what equipment is standard and original (and therefor provided for in that value) and what it may have in the way of aftermarket or dealer options. Either way, they're over book value by a fair piece.

The Concours is a crossover, not a cruiser, and again not 'my bag', so I can't speak to its suitability for your level of experience. As a Kawasaki fan myself, though, I can say that if you're going to step out on Honda, you could do a lot worse than a Kawi. (-:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#12 Unread post by dr_bar »

Sport touring as opposed to cruiser... Two very different bikes and balanced different as well. Ride both a litre cruiser and the Connie and decide which you feel more comfortable, safer, and capable on. Remember, your talking two people, not just yourself now...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#13 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

A connie is a very usable liter class bike with linear power. The balance point is actually better IMO with a little more ground clearance no worries about parts touching or dragging in the twistier roads.Way better braking than your average cruiser also baggage for those weekend trips and with a more forward leaning seat position long rides are much better coped with. But I would go on down to a dealer and test ride a lot of different bikes and then make a decision. Remember it's usually not the engine that gets ya in trouble it's the rider :D
Best of luck !!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

taxman1965
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2005 Honda Shadow Aero

#14 Unread post by taxman1965 »

Thanks for all of the advice. Still not sure at this point, but I definitely need to test ride different models to see which one fits me. I know one thing: I definitely want a larger bike and definitely want one that can comfortably ride two. Just not sure at this point which one it will be. I will keep all of you posted! :)