vinzsalvador
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2014/honda/xrm

Shipping a Motorcycle From the US to Philippines? Can it be

#1 Unread post by vinzsalvador »

I'm looking for some informations, I hope someone could help me.

My friend is moving to Manila, Philippines soon, March 2015 and he wants to bring his 2007 Honda XR650L. He is an American and going to be married to a PH Lady who has residency there, but presently living with him in the US. Also he thought about buying a 4wheeler atv too to bring?

I have read stories on the web that it can't be done, and or customs will tax the value of the new purchase price of 100% regardless of age or condition and or seize it. So has anyone found a solution?

Thanks,
U-bolt

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: Shipping a Motorcycle From the US to Philippines? Can it

#2 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Hi U-Bolt. I'm from the Philippines. A friend recently did the exact same thing, and tried to see if he could bring his BMW R1200GS over. It was just too much of a hassle, so he just sold his GS and bought the same bike once he got settled in the Philippines. I suppose in theory, it's possible if you "know the right people", but for most, might be better just to buy a bike locally.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

fzrbiker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1992/yamaha/fzr

Re: Shipping a Motorcycle From the US to Philippines? Can it

#3 Unread post by fzrbiker »

What I heard is that it will cost more than your actual cost of your bike in paying taxes in the Phil. Better to just buy from the local dealers instead of importing your bike.

Diedride
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Honda ST

Re: Shipping a Motorcycle From the US to Philippines? Can it be

#4 Unread post by Diedride »

Never done it before myself but the shipper I use in the U.S., A1 Auto Transport has a web page with information about shipping bikes to the Philippines. Apparently they have some information about it as it sounds like they do it. I tend to agree with others here that it might be more hassle and money than it's worth but that's a place to start if you're curious. I would link to them but I'm new here and not sure of the rules.