Jamers!
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2015 Yamaha VX950(bolt)

Covering ones bike

#1 Unread post by Jamers! »

Hey folks,

what is the wisdom and tidbits of knowledge yall could impart on me about covering your bike at the end of the day. I have no garage and sometimes my room mate is entitled to park in the covered carport. I have a nice enough cover for my scoot but does it need to be applied every evening after i finish riding? I know that perhaps this is some lazyness creeping up but damn it all if it isnt the easiest thing to do late at night or early in the day. Living in LA it is rarely wet and most of the time i find my bike with 0 condensation on it even the wee hours before the sun is up.

Is there hidden dangers or damage that i am missing and that my cover would protect against?

Thanks!
Insert something clever and showing an understanding of motorcycle culture here

ATGATT

Sev wrote:What's a bike?
JWF505 wrote:its like a goat, but with two wheels.
JWF

superskip
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Re: Covering ones bike

#2 Unread post by superskip »

Jamers! wrote:Hey folks,

what is the wisdom and tidbits of knowledge yall could impart on me about covering your bike at the end of the day. I have no garage and sometimes my room mate is entitled to park in the covered carport. I have a nice enough cover for my scoot but does it need to be applied every evening after i finish riding? I know that perhaps this is some lazyness creeping up but damn it all if it isnt the easiest thing to do late at night or early in the day. Living in LA it is rarely wet and most of the time i find my bike with 0 condensation on it even the wee hours before the sun is up.

Is there hidden dangers or damage that i am missing and that my cover would protect against?

Thanks!

A cover might deter a snooping potential thief - maybe. And exposure to sunlight is another consideration - fading paint, sun damaged clear plastic, etc.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Re: Covering ones bike

#3 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Depending on where you live....a cover keeps the tree sap from spotting your bike....a cover keeps dust off your bike....if it rains over night, your bike will be dry underneath.

Yes, it's worth the extra minute it takes to put on the cover.