BlvckMatt
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2015 Heritage Soft Tail Classic

Route help

#1 Unread post by BlvckMatt »

So I've been riding for a while now and have been waiting to take a longer trip ( about 4 hours being my longest currently) when my sister calls up and tells me she's getting married next month and I would really love to take my new bike but am a little worried about one stretch of road where it's really twisty coming down the mountains and with the chance of snow and ice I would rather avoid it but I'm having a hard time finding a decent route. Anyone on here ride from OKC or nearby to Phoenix Arizona? Could really use some help nailing down a plan soon before plane tickets get too crazy

Ben56
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 100
My Motorcycle: hero hona

Re: Route help

#2 Unread post by Ben56 »

Hello,
i have some write this you can read this.
Riding from Oklahoma City (OKC) to Phoenix, Arizona can be a fantastic road trip on a motorcycle. However, considering the winter weather conditions and twisty mountain roads, it's essential to plan a safe and enjoyable route.

Here are some tips to help you plan your motorcycle trip from OKC to Phoenix:

Check Weather Conditions: Before you embark on your journey, check the weather forecast for the entire route and especially for the mountainous areas. Avoid riding through snow or icy conditions as it can be dangerous on a motorcycle.

Plan a Southern Route: To avoid the potentially hazardous winter conditions in the mountains, consider planning a southern route that takes you through warmer regions. This might add some extra miles, but it will provide a safer and more comfortable ride.

Use Online Route Planners: There are several online route planners and motorcycle trip planning tools that can help you find the best and safest route based on your preferences and requirements. Some popular ones include Google Maps, MapQuest, and MyRouteApp.

Avoid Night Riding: Winter nights can be cold and potentially riskier due to decreased visibility and colder road conditions. Try to plan your route in a way that allows you to avoid riding during the night.

Plan Rest Stops: Long rides can be tiring, so plan regular rest stops to stretch, hydrate, and rest. This will help keep you alert and fresh during the journey.

Check for Motorcycle-Friendly Accommodations: Along your route, look for hotels or accommodations that cater to motorcyclists. Some places offer covered parking or special amenities for riders.

Carry Essential Gear: Make sure to pack appropriate gear for both warm and cold weather conditions. Dress in layers and use thermal liners for your motorcycle gear.

Have a Contingency Plan: Always have a backup plan in case weather conditions worsen or if you encounter any unexpected road closures. Know nearby towns and places where you can seek shelter if needed.

Notify Someone: Before you leave, inform a trusted friend or family member about your trip details, including your planned route and estimated time of arrival in Phoenix.

Lastly, consider breaking up the journey into multiple days if the distance seems too long to cover in a single ride. This will allow you to enjoy the trip and experience various sights and attractions along the way.

Remember that road conditions and weather can change quickly, so stay flexible and be prepared to adjust your plans as needed for safety reasons. Happy and safe riding!

I hope my answer is useful for you issue.
Thanks

dariohill
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 2016/ex/2012

#3 Unread post by dariohill »

Hope the blog grows and brings more good articles. Wish the blog more and more success and continue to inspire the community.

bettycahill
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: bmws1000r

#4 Unread post by bettycahill »

I hope the site achieves even greater popularity and keeps inspiring the community.