650's are bad learner bikes, 650's are good learner bikes?

archanis
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by archanis »

maybe i didnt make myself clear. she WANTS a gsxr. her mom and i have been trying to turn her opinion with varrying degrees of success... but her dad isnt helping at all.

i did direct her to this site, she glanced through, never posted anything, and turned her head. (most likely because the wisdome within these pages is not the ego bolstering blind reasurance she was looking for)

while her dad isnt helping, hes not hurting ether. hes saying that he will buy her any bike as long as her grades keep up. the problem lies in the fact that he said ANY bike.

so far, we have toned her down to a gsxr 600... but thats still too big for her. with a little more work, im hoping that she will see reason, though if she hasnt already.... the good news is that i can print out this page and hopefully make her see some reason. thanks for the input guys
faster than a quadriplegic racehorse!

swatter555
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by swatter555 »

Showing gory accident photos never hurts :)

Nah, scaring them isnt fair. Hell, when I first thought about getting a bike and didnt know anything, I wanted a ZX-10. Once I actually started doing serious research, I immediately toned down my expectations. Ya, those bikes are sexy and powerful, but riding took more skill and was far more dangerous than I anticipated. Now, I dont even want a ZX-10 later, those bikes are just insane and require years of experience to safely ride.

Some things in life just need to be taken one step at a time. If this person knew how powerful those supersports really are, even the 600s, I bet she would re-consider.

(hope that helps)

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#13 Unread post by archanis »

i think the solution lies with the parents. the problem with her dad is lack of knoledge about the subject. the reason she isnt listening to her mother is that her mom has a tendancy to be... overbearing. so, instead of showing synth the page, ill just show the forums to her dad.

*works on emails*

if the financer has limits, than the user is limited as well. the best solution would be for her dad, the one that lets her get away with everything, to limit her.

*sigh* in a perfect world, eh? hope for the best, prepair for the worst. im thinking a good cherry wood casket myself.

swatter555
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#14 Unread post by swatter555 »

Well, you might be over stepping your bounds as a friend if you do that. Try working on her a little more, only do that as a last resort.

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#15 Unread post by archanis »

there are times when i would rather see her alive than frendly. she is dead serious about this bike. she wont listen to me, she wont listen to her mom, she wont listen to MY mom, ignores my emails when i tell her about smaller bikes... for such a smart person, shes being realy stupid, and i dont want to come home to my mom telling me how she had to scrape my friends body off the pavement. this debate has been going on for the better part of a month, and i have tried working on her a bit more... but she thinks that 600= safe. thats why i want to show her this post. if she still ignores me after this, than im showing her dad the forums, and letting him draw his own conclusions.

i would rather suggest knoledge to her father behind her back than suggest a cherry wood casket with her back upturned.

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#16 Unread post by archanis »

well, i just got an email back from synth. she's agreed to look at a smaller bike. she was rather vague though. that usualy means shes got something up her sleeve, but ill take any small victory i can get. thanks for all the help and advice people.

Sobereality
Veteran
Veteran

#17 Unread post by Sobereality »

im currently using a 250 , i dont plan to get a 650 till next year :)
[img]http://www.thegreatcornholio.com/images/cornholio/cornmov.jpg[/img]

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#18 Unread post by sapaul »

Just a suggestion but if "DAD" is into her education, why not point out that she needs to get a "grade" in motorcycling as well. Proper training might well temper this little girls fantasies a bit and give her the skills she needs. If "MOM" is overbearing, work on her as well. OH and tell them that if they pay, you will go with her to help. :motorcycle3:

PS, she can not look sexy unless she is in a full race leather suit with all the padding.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

swatter555
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#19 Unread post by swatter555 »

Oh definately, women should wear full leathers when riding. Guys can stand skinned knees, elbows and worse, but women hate scarring.

When my wife asked me why she had to wear my leather jacket,jeans,and gloves when she went two-up with me, I simply told her a slow speed spill would ruin your beautiful skin forever. My wife has a little scar from the bottom of a pool on her knee she complains about alot. I couldnt even imagine how she would react to a little road rash.

I wear full gear too, I also value my skin.

archanis
Veteran
Veteran

#20 Unread post by archanis »

lol exelent suggestions. her dad emailed me thismorning and asked a few questions, and i think he gets it now. it should sort istelf out from here, with both her parents involved, but hey *shrug*

"Oh definately, women should wear full leathers when riding. Guys can stand skinned knees, elbows and worse, but women hate scarring. "

:laughing: :laughing:
its true to an extent, though if you travel up here, you will find women that can out-scar any man they meet

no joking you, if you come up here you WILL hear things like 'and i got this one from a chanisaw cutting into my leg' from a woman.