Who's on first?

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Sev »

storysunfolding wrote:
Sevulturus wrote:The R makes it sound faster.

It's sort of like the guys who put big spoilers on their front wheel drive cars... Or Carbon Fibre decal material over their hood.
Whoa dude, maybe some "scientist" or "aerospace engineer" says that my car doesn't go fast enough to get the down pressure that my car doesn't need on the back wheels... but can you really believe them? I mean, they went to college. Have you seen animal house?

:laughing:
:D I put a spoiler on because it's really important to keep the back end down on a front wheel drive car :D It makes sure my drive wheels don't lift off the... wait, it quickens the steerii... wait.

It looks cool!
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

SuperRookie
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2004 Ducati 620ie

#12 Unread post by SuperRookie »

Sevulturus wrote:The R makes it sound faster.
:laughing: That's funny...Thanks to all who replied. Really helping me get a handle on things...

Any opinions on whether it's better to buy a used bike from a dealership? Or from a private owner? Six of one, half dozen of the other? Buying directly from an owner I should probably take an experienced 'cyclist with me, eh? Or should I do that anyway regardless of where I choose to purchase the bike? You know, kick the tires (so-to-speak)...make sure everything's mechanically sound...etc.
"Not just your 'ordinary' Rookie..."

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#13 Unread post by Kal »

If you dont know and trust the Bikes source then its best to take someone with you, maybe even offer to have the bike inspected by an independant mechanic/shop.

I was lucky on my fiorst bike, I bought from the Husband of a friend who might aswell be my brother in law and also happens to be the one person I'd take with me if I were looking over another bike.*

*Note to Jules if you are reading this my love, I said if I were, not that I have bought another bike!
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

Nibblet99
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#14 Unread post by Nibblet99 »

Kal wrote:I said if I were, not that I have bought another bike!
but you've only got 4 125's, you need at least another 4 to make an inline 8 pot 1000cc beast
Starting out responsibly? - [url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=24730]Clicky[/url]
looking for a forum that advocates race replica, 600cc supersports for learners on public roads? - [url=http://www.google.com]Clicky[/url]

Kal
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 1998 Kawasaki GPZ500S

#15 Unread post by Kal »

4 125's, 1 250 and 1 400...

Thats 1150cc's right there. :twisted: Thats without the 500cc and 125cc's from Jules trike and bike or the additional 30cc's I get from having Alex's Puch in the yard! :P

mmmmmmmmmmCBX1000mmmmmmmmmmm
Kal...
Relationship Squid...

GPZ500S, CB250N, GB250Clubman

New_R
Regular
Regular

#16 Unread post by New_R »

[quote="Sevulturus"]The R makes it sound faster.

It's sort of like the guys who put big spoilers on their front wheel drive cars...quote]

No! My exhaust makes it sound faster :wink: . My spoiler makes it look cool.