SilveradoGirl's Motorcycle Mayhem

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#21 Unread post by NorthernPete »

those V stars are hot... I want one.. I would personally lean towards the Custom, but thats cause Im cheap.... :laughing:
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#22 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Awesome ride by the sounds! I've already found that riding is a wonderful escape as well.

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#23 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

NorthernPete

I too leaned towards the custom. I just liked the looks better. Once I actually sat on the bikes though, I fell in love with the classic. The front end seems so much better balanced on the classic. The bars are wider and everything seems a lot more stable.
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#24 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

Okay....it is friday, May 26th....I just got up and am thinking about taking my bike into work today. I never rode to work before, and am not the best in heavier traffic yet. Still not sure if I'll do it, but have been thinking about it since last night. Will let you all know if I chicken out or not later on tonight. I just get nervous thinking about it is all. Okay enough, positive thoughts!! Talk to you guys after work tonight.
SilveradoGirl--

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#25 Unread post by zarakand »

SilveradoGirl wrote:Okay....it is friday, May 26th....I just got up and am thinking about taking my bike into work today. I never rode to work before, and am not the best in heavier traffic yet. Still not sure if I'll do it, but have been thinking about it since last night. Will let you all know if I chicken out or not later on tonight. I just get nervous thinking about it is all. Okay enough, positive thoughts!! Talk to you guys after work tonight.
Go for it! From your posts, I think you can handle it. In any case, I'm jealous of the wide open country by you. Looking forward to reading about your first ride to work.
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#26 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

WOOHOO...I DID IT!!!! :kicking: :clapping: :clap: :kicking: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

I rode into work today for the first time ever. It was pretty awesome. I just forgot about everything that had me nervous and just pretended I was on a joy ride. It was soooo cool!! Only trouble was, I had so much fun, I didn't feel much like working when I got there! There were like 7 or 8 bikes in the lot when I got there. And if you read any of my other stuff, you know our lot at work is quite a mess...so I was nervous about parking......but again, no worries. I just zoomed in the lot, and took the first available spot. Another girl (college help) pulled in behind me and parked next to me. She was amazed that my bike was MY bike. A couple of the guys were pretty impressed too. All in all it was an awesome experience.

In the lot after work, I was just about ready to leave, puttin on my last glove when Bill pulled in. So we went for an extended ride home. Went out a few country roads, past my parents house and cooled off a bit from the hard day. today was a good day for sure...yet another milestone for me! :D
SilveradoGirl--

zarakand
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#27 Unread post by zarakand »

Congrats!
Honda Shadow Aero
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10329/]Chicago Bike Blog[/url]

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#28 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:woot: :biker:

Rode mine home from work for the first time at night tonight. Only the second time I've ridden it to work. Really nice ride home. Cleared my mind and relaxed me alot.

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#29 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

It's Memeorial Day weekend here in the great USA....all week long our weather forecasters have been bragging about what an awesome weekend it was going to be too. So Saturday morning arrives, I tell Bill to get his butt moving. The grass needs to be mowed, then we can be off for a motorcycle adventure the rest of the day/evening. I asked where he would like to go, and he told me he didn't care, just get it figured out while he was out mowing, then I could lead the way and we'd be off.

Bill gets finished mowing the grass and hops in the shower. I had two different rides planned out, and would let him choose which one when he was finished. I had saddle bags packed, and decided I would go sit on the deck and wait for him. Strange thing happened. It started to get pretty dark out. Then I heard the ominous rumbling of thunder!! About 10 minutes later...splooch splooch splooch....big rain drops start to fall. so inside I go. As I shut the door, the phone is ringing, it's my mom. Her and dad live west of my house so they always get the rain first....she said it was coming down in sheets out there. GREAT! there goes my plans.

Bill gets out of the shower and looks outside, and looks at me....by this time it is raining sheets here...so hard can barely see the neighbors place. GREAT. SO we decide to take the car and go get some lunch, see if it blows over. (Remember, I am a wuss, no rain riding on purpose for me.)

No chance of that, it rained all night long...had a couple different thunderstorm warnings, and it even hailed a few times. Guess for once Bill being a slow poke payed off!

Sunday came, and now I REALLY had an itch to go out for a big ride...so we checked the doppler radar online and decided we were going. It was REALLY windy out, but at this point, I just didn't care, I wanted to ride. We took of and zipped around a few back streets by the house , and headed over to a gas station. We both topped off and Zoooooom, out over the Wisconsin River bridge we went. We took a few different county highways out to a county park that neither of us had ever been too, Neither of us had been on those roads ever (on a bike or in a cage) . It was so cool, the scenery was breathtaking. I have some trouble with my throttle hand falling asleep, so I pulled over into a little rest area one time on the way out there to shake it out...I am thinking I may need to invest in a throttle rocker or something.

When we got to the park, we took off all our gear (it was steaming hot here today, about 90 degrees F) and I asked Bill just who was the genious who told me to get the BLACK jacket not the WHITE one???? His reply...who's the genious who listened?? He had me there I guess....We walked around the park a bit, and I pulled out the Gazeteer, you know an atlas thingy that is real detailed with backroads on it...anyways I pulled it out and we plotted our next section of trip, geared back up and off we went again.

When we ride, I lead and Bill follows. He keeps people off my tail. That however puts me in charge of knowing where we are going...not always a good thing! I made a few wrong turns, but it was kinda funny cuz Bill never even knew cuz he had no idea where we were to begin with!! So that was kinda cool. I found this one road today that had so many HUGE hills. It was totally freaky driving it at first. Then it just FUN. We will definately go back there again sometime.

We were gone all afternoon, and I can honestly say only one time was I following a cage the whole trip. There was just no cars out it was awesome! We had a few here and there behind us but always managed to lose them. It was a real good day, I am just wore right out. I learned I need to keep practicing my takeoffs and turns. Seems that when I turn onto a different road or something like that, I tend to slow down wayyyyy to much, almost stop....I need to be smoother at that. It will come with more saddle time I am sure. Looking at the bike after I parked it in the garage, I can tell what I will be doing tomorrow if it doesn't rain....never seen that many bug guts in one place before! Helmet could use some attention too. Speaking of which, I never gave a review, so here is short one. My tinted shield for my helmet ROCKS! Best investment ever,I won't ride without it ever again! Made me so comfortable not having to squint.

Anyways, after the washout yesterday, I thought the weekend would be lost, but today was one of my best rides yet...it was the longest one yet (time to refuel already!) Hope everyone else has a safe holiday weekend.
SilveradoGirl--

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#30 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Your enthusiasm sure does shine through in your writing. :) It's always great to read about someone having fun!