Scoutmedic -- The trials and journies of a *n00b*

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#61 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

WOW...congrats on the 1100 miles !! :clapping: I have that many myself, but um....yeah, I've had my bike a wee bit longer than you :lol: ....Glad to hear your out enjoying it. Keep the shiny side up!
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#62 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I took a look at it today and it's actually about 1,230 miles. I put about 84 miles each week on it just riding back and forth to work. Then there's the joy riding miles and the errand running miles. It adds up pretty quick. I have to start my truck once each week just to make sure it'll still run for when I need it. :laughing:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#63 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Well, at around 1,300 miles I had my first "near fall". I was turning a corner in the city and hit a patch of sand/dirt/gravel and the bike started to slide out from under me. I managed to complete the turn without taking a fall but, my heart was in my throat. I definitely started paying more attention to the road again. I hadn't realized how overconfident I'd become.

Scared my one co-worker today. It wasn't raining at my house but, I got 2 miles down the road towards work and it had poured. I pulled off the road to get my rain gear on and was bent over behind my bike when she drove by. She whipped her car around and came to check on me. Poor kid. When I got here today, she proceeded to chew my butt out for "scaring her half to death". She thought I'd wrecked and broke my leg... :laughing:

I've got 1,459.5 miles on Her now with no problems and still averaging around 52 mpg.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#64 Unread post by NorthernPete »

whooo hoo! Milage! good stuff, Glad you didnt bite it when you hit the gravel, pain in the arse eh? I did the same thing, but with a sewer cover.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#65 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Went on another group ride yesterday. There were 10 bikes and 11 people on a trip of about 210 miles. I'll try and remember to take pics next time or to snag some from one of the other riders to post. The bikes were; 6 Harleys (2 fatboy's, 1 dyna, 1 sportster 883, 1 sportster 1200, 1 Custom with bear murals), 1 Yamaha (Roadstar or VStar 1300), 1 Kawasaki Concours, 1 Honda Shadow 750 and my Suzuki S50. A Goldwing rider backed out at the last minute. Pretty diverse group.

We visited two motorcycle accessory stores and a Harley dealership. I picked up a quick release buckle for my helmet and a set of Saddlebags. I've got updated pics loaded on My Bike Page. The main page is thumbnailed so don't be afraid to open with dialup. HOWEVER, the actual pics are huge. I haven't downsized them yet. I'll post here when I have.

Stay Safe Out There!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#66 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:groan:

Low's in the 50's, High's in the 70's. The carefree days of summer riding are coming to an end. I had to put the thermal liner back into my jacket for my commute to and from work. The jeans are a bit too chilly too. I'm going to have to break out the overpants again soon. I am NOT looking forward to the cold weather.

:frusty:

On a happy note for anyone in the Tionesta PA area (16353 area code), they had their first Biker Rally and it was a huge success. Billy Lane was there to sign autographs. He didn't bring any of his bikes unfortunately. Reports from people that were there (I had to work... :censored: ) say that the bikes numbered well over 2,000. I also heard a rumor that there are plans to expand it to 3 days next year and the OCC crew has been booked as the special guest.

Happy Riding and Stay Safe Out There!

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#67 Unread post by jstark47 »

Scoutmedic wrote::groan:

Low's in the 50's, High's in the 70's. The carefree days of summer riding are coming to an end. I had to put the thermal liner back into my jacket for my commute to and from work. The jeans are a bit too chilly too. I'm going to have to break out the overpants again soon. I am NOT looking forward to the cold weather.
75 beats 95. Unfortunately, it's 55 here in the east tonight. Probably colder out by you. Put the liner back in my mesh jacket, with a sweatshirt under that, and a long sleeve shirt under the sweatshirt. Still too cold. Tomorrow the heavy Triumph jacket comes out for the morning commute. Seems like it goes from brutally hot to chilly in just a couple of weeks.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#68 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

That's for sure. I've got all the liners in my jacket and broke out the heavy riding pants. Went out to ride my bike to work this morning, all dressed, turn the key on, *FLASH* *BANG* Thunderstorm.

Well, no riding to work today... lol

I don't mind rain but, rain with temps in the 50's and lightening flashing around? No thanks! :laughing:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#69 Unread post by jstark47 »

Corry, huh? You guys are pretty close to the lake there. Do you get lake-effect snow like Buffalo does?
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#70 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Oh definitely. I'm right in the middle of the PA "snowbelt". We get lake effect constantly all winter.