Blue's Big Blog......The Road Trip Section

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#51 Unread post by blues2cruise »

High_Side wrote:Somehow I missed the rest of BlLues-Blog part Deux after my last post. A great read and great pictures. Looking forward to when you can get out there and generate some more! Whatever happened to the Calgary segment????
Funny you should ask.....Doc mentioned something to me today about it....

I'll see what I can do....gotta find the folder with the pics in it...

blues2cruise

#52 Unread post by blues2cruise »

mazer wrote:Too bad I did not know about this forum when you took your ride. I live not too far from Dr. Insomnias - actually between Novato and the Golden Gate Bridge, near where our Civic Center was built by Frank Wright. (of course it leaks too)
I thought Novato was so-o-o-o nice.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#53 Unread post by dr_bar »

High_Side wrote: Whatever happened to the Calgary segment????

Besides the fact that everyone was "Tooooo" busy to meet us while we were there? :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Bikeornot59
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

#54 Unread post by Bikeornot59 »

Looks like you had a great time but looks a little cold. I lived in Burlington Ontario for three years and recently moved back to the states and therefore am accustomed to the cold but not sure I could take riding in it. You must have some really good gear.

Look forward to hearing more obout your trip.

blues2cruise

#55 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Bikeornot59 wrote:Looks like you had a great time but looks a little cold. I lived in Burlington Ontario for three years and recently moved back to the states and therefore am accustomed to the cold but not sure I could take riding in it. You must have some really good gear.

Look forward to hearing more obout your trip.
There were only a few cold days. Yes, I do have some good gear. It makes a tremendous difference in being able to still enjoy the ride or have to quit.

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#56 Unread post by MZ33 »

What gear do you have, Blues?
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

blues2cruise

#57 Unread post by blues2cruise »

MZ33 wrote:What gear do you have, Blues?
I was wearing a pair of quilt lined waterproof riding pants, waterproof hiking boots, (and during the rainy times a pair of overbooties)to keep the ankles dry and prevent water from going down the tops of the boots), my waterproof riding jacket (the red one) and underneath that a down jacket. I wore my waterproof insulated goves for the cool wet days and an unlined pair of riding gloves for the hot days. I have a balaclava designed for under a helmet that keeps the chin and neck warm.

Prior to getting that red jacket I used a yellow slicker type raincoat over top of my jacket. It's knee length and works great.

blues2cruise

Colorado Rocky Mountain High

#58 Unread post by blues2cruise »

My Colorado Holiday August 18-23, 2009

I had such a good time and so many experiences, I couldn’t think of a title or where to start writing.

Any number of titles could give an idea of the trip, so let's go with

Rocky Mountian High

I’ll leave out the airport stuff….it is a long tedious process going through all the lines to be able to fly somewhere. No wonder I prefer to not fly.

Once in Colorado and on the shuttle bus to go get the rental car, I immediately went into tourist mode. I got my camera out and asked out loud, “can I start now?”

The people on the shuttle bus laughed.

Doc met us at the rental place and then CC rode with Doc to Keystone while I followed in the car. It was a Dodge Caliber. I would not buy one of those because the visibility is poor. Looked good, though, and managed to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Once we got to keystone and checked in, the three of us went for dinner. I was somewhat taken aback to find a seafood restaurant in the middle of the mountains far away from any ocean.
I ordered chicken. Even though I was born and raised on the coast, I don’t care for much seafood. The other 2 had seafood, though.
After dinner the other 2 went somewhere else for the night and I went for a walk .....
the view across the street.
Image......

a view in the parking lot....an unique anti theft system.

........and then a soak in the hot tub. I slept quite well that night. :D

I had breakfast in the dining room in the morning and then got directions on how to walk to the conference centre. I left CC a note to let her know that I had gone to the conference centre. It was a nice walk and the scenery was pretty.

Once at the conference centre, I got signed on and received my ID card and tickets for the dinners. I wandered around to get oriented, bought a coffee and then sat and chatted with some people from various parts of the continent.
Joy D from Detroit was just one of the many, however she had a real zest for life and a big smile for everyone. It was a pleasure to talk to her the few times we met.

Once the marketplace opened, I went in to see what merchandise was offered. CC caught up to me in there.

My first purchase was my new helmet. I purposefully did not take my helmet from home with me because I had the intention of buying myself a Scorpion helmet while there. I was not disappointed. I also bought a coloured face shield to go with the helmet.

Next stop...watching, learning and doing...picking up a motorcycle.

CC is watching intently for her turn is coming up soon.

I thought of Gummiente when I saw this........

I could picture me riding it. :)

More to come.......... :D