Bike Songs and Vaucuous Lunatics

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male

#51 Unread post by The549 »

Yes, that night I certainly learned that bikes really like to GO, not stop. Case in point that the only other time a bike of mine was dropped was when my younger bro forgot how to stop from 3 mph in the driveway.

Anyways, lately I've been using my bike as my daily driver. That's pretty darn good for $800 and $200 in repairs.

I rebuilt the forks a few weeks ago...and they haven't leaked since! I'm very happy about that.

Right now, the bike is covered in trash bags, because it's raining and the fairings are off for repairs. This summer I want to really clean this bike up and repaint everything.

All the squids are out in my area now, I have to correct myself in that I actually get a LOT more waves from ninjas than popeyes. So it goes (rest in peace, fame deserved, talent, uniqueness, sadness, optimism, and happiness Mister Vonnegut).

I'm so much better at motorcycling, and looking back, I was pretty reckless, but still only 5% as reckless as some people I know would be.

Oh yes, and after I fixed the forks, I rode it 2 hours over to my parents place. My dad now knows that I ride a motorcycle. My mom still has my old one in her garage next to the locked chain she put around it. And she's coming off her own riding accident (equestrian), but her sanity is important to me. If any one reads this and has advice...actually...I think I'll just post a topic somewhere.

So I'll end this update by saying: I would hope that if I rode for looks, which I feel a lot of people do....that I wouldn't ride around with a trash bag stuck to the back of my bike.

Right now, I'm finishing the school semester and reviewing a band management contract offer. My friend is getting a divorce. My other friend's sister :? is calling me (I'm absolutely not a womanizer or smoothi in any possible way, either). My punk band has two songs coming out on a local label. I should probably tell them that I have a possible management deal with a completely different band. :? My bike has reached an equilibrium of rattle. I taped a slick wooden Buddha on top of my computer monitor. I've downloaded a bunch of indie Kate Winselt movies. An english girl called me her "mate" today. Life is starting to live again, and no it's not because of the weather. I'm not a lizard, and every day it rains I go out for a ride.

pics in a few minutes.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#52 Unread post by The549 »

Buddha

Classy. (It was a dirty day. Please forgive my dirty bike!)

I can't wait to really give this bike the time it deserves. I'm realyl impressed by the engine sitting in this thing. It just....works. It lives to want to work, and it does.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#53 Unread post by The549 »

At this point in time, I'm still riding my Zephyr as my main transportation. I'm liking its fuel economy (45ish). I'm very lonely, and I use the bike to help create my own world, extending its boundaries beyond my sad thick skull. I have a lot of things on my mind, and I wish I could write them down, but I'm too down to do it. I'm posting some lyrics to a song that's stuck in my head. I'm going crazy, and there's only one person in on it. I'm going crazy. I'm so anxious to clean up my bike, do a few more fixes, and head east.

Roll Me Away - Bob Seger

Took a look down a westbound road,
Right away I made my choice
Headed out to my big two-wheeler,
I was tired of my own voice
Took a bead on the northern plains
And just rolled that power on

Twelve hours out of mackinaw city
Stopped in a bar to have a brew
Met a girl and we had a few drinks
And I told her what Id decided to do
She looked out the window a long long moment
Then she looked into my eyes
She didn't have to say a thing,
I knew what she was thinkin

Roll, roll me away,
Wont you roll me away tonight
I too am lost, I feel double-crossed
And Im sick of whats wrong and whats right
We never even said a word,
We just walked out and got on that bike
And we rolled
And we rolled clean out of sight

We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feelin free

Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold
She said she missed her home
I headed on alone

Stood alone on a mountain top,
Starin out at the great divide
I could go east, I could go west,
It was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin
And my soul began to rise
And pretty soon
My heart was singin

-Chorus-
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time -
Next time -
Well get it right

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#54 Unread post by The549 »

Taken right from the main forum, posted for posterity:

Started up my bike this morning, couldn't get it past 3k rpm without 3/4 throttle. Looked down to see my spark plug shattered and wire ripped off. Some a55hole probably tried to unscrew it with pliers, or just vandalized it. Checked over the rest of the bike, and set the wire harness back on. It was arcing and wouldn't run well below 2.5k rpm. Had to get to work, so I rode it like that (scary when the power would surge and choke and then catch...)

Autozone doesn't carry an D9SEA, but I put in a D8 on the way home. I think kragen will have I need.

I'm installing that bike alarm I have (putting a shut off switch in it too to save the battery).

Makes me want to keep my flintlock rifle loaded blank. (Yeah...I got it for home protection :Laughing: ).

F***ing annoying.

On the way home a bug hit me in the neck, and I have a 2 inch welt. Fun.
Last edited by The549 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#55 Unread post by The549 »

I'm f***ing pissed

And yes, gravel is a 'he'. Gravel thinks he's the s***. He thinks that probably because he's made up of all sorts of little bits of rock, all conspiring to make a mega monster lean of death on an anti-braking campaign. Gravel is a c**ksucker. Gravel can f*** off. Because really, if you look at gravel, you'll find that it's really not some huge lurking 'skid demon' but rather a whole bunch of teeny little punk rock f**ks who think they're the s*** because they have a large support group. But really, once you take e'm away from their pack then they f***ing shut their mouths and keep to their pathetic selves. I f***ing pour gasoline on you, you worthless pile of pebbly prepubescent essence. Next time I'm bringing my lighter, and I'm gonna pound you into dust.

Gravel often resides by railroad crossings, which I forgot. Those gates sure come down quicker than I remembered. F***ing gravel.

The549
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#56 Unread post by The549 »

Need work lane splitting. A few times I've decided against lane splitting, I've seen cars move into where I wanted to go. Kinda makes you think twice about doing things.

And yesterday, I merged over into a right lane, and at the last moment decided to turn into a driveway. Well, I had misjudged where the curb was, and as I passed in front of the cars to turn in, I looked down to see the curb underneath my left foot. I was about an inch and a half away from a big slow and stupid fall.