"intotherain"'s blog.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#31 Unread post by Shorts »

Great pics - I know the feeling you speak of on an early morning ride. I sure wish my scenery was as nice as yours :P

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#32 Unread post by intotherain »

Shorts wrote:Great pics - I know the feeling you speak of on an early morning ride. I sure wish my scenery was as nice as yours :P
TY. That is one of the only few morning rides ever gone on. :)

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#33 Unread post by intotherain »

[RANT]

All you wannabe road bikers need to sell your $5000 one piece carbon fiber road bike! It's a total waste! Why buy a 15 pound top of the line road bike with tight spandex and ultra aerodynamic helmet when I, on a 40 pound mountain specific bike, with 3 inch tires, 5 inches of plush travel in the front, full face helmet hanging on the end of the handle bar, skate shoes, shin guards, thick riding jeans, sweatshirt, motorcycling gloves, 40 PSI tires, huge knobbies on the tires, PASSES EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU ON THE ROAD BIKE TRAIL!!!

Those bikes aren't going to help you become a better rider, if you think so, YOU'RE A TARD!!! Start on one of these and build up your powerless legs!!!

[/RANT]

Bost
Regular
Regular

#34 Unread post by Bost »

LOL i know what you mean, theres some many tards that ride those carbon road bikes around my area. Its like bling and they think its making them better at riding!

I always just stroll pass on my shitty trek or even my bmx bike sometimes lolol

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#35 Unread post by High_Side »

Great pics. This is my first time through your blog. After owning a Lifan would you recommend them to other new riders?

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#36 Unread post by intotherain »

High_Side wrote:Great pics. This is my first time through your blog. After owning a Lifan would you recommend them to other new riders?
For the sake of learning this would be a good bike. Would it be a good investment? Never! It cost me $1400 USD brand new and the ONLY reason I bought it was because the only bikes on sale were around here were 600+ccs and things like that and I wanted to start safe. If the rider has other beginner friendly bikers around, they should save up more to buy it.

woo hoo had an interesting day today:

8/6/07

woke up at precisely 6 AM:

Got on the bike and went for a morning ride. It was sooo nice. Around here the temperature is 65 to 70 F all year round! When I stepped out of the house I breathed in and felt the cool, damp air of a coastline morning. The sky was a nice navy blue to light blueish in color. The sun was still hiding somewhere in the central area when I got on the bike.

Today was the day all my mountain biking parts would come. I have spent SO much money on motorcycling lately getting gear and parts for my ride that my mountain bikes were yelling, "owner, please spend some money on me. I'm getting lonely."
Bought: new wheelset, brake fluid, brake hoses, brake pads, handlebar, headset, bearings/hardware, and a few more things.

Installed everything in about 2 hours: the end result is a lightweight and sturdy mountain bike! I overhauled the hubs on the wheels by replacing the bearings and relubing it. I gave all the moving parts new oil and such to get the bike moving as smoothly as it could.

later that day I picked up my dad from the airport to get quite a surprise:
He brings over new cell phones for me!

Chose this one:

It's the nokia 8800 and is quite the phone.

anyways that just sums it all up. :D

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#37 Unread post by intotherain »

ALWAYS COVER THE REAR BRAKE WHILE WHEELING!!

So there was this long stretch of open road as I was riding out to the local supermarket. There were no cars in sight and I was going just the right speed to power wheelie. I power'd it and there I am, my front wheel is about 3 feet off the ground and I'm flying down the road on my back wheel.

However, it was a nice day out so I was only wearing my helmet, t shirt, shorts, and sandals..

Yeah so anyways I got to a high rate of speed when I started tipping to far backwards. I said, " oh "poo poo"" and everything else was a blur. I remember jumping off the back of the bike and rolling on the ground. My wind was knocked out and I remember hitting the ground hard. I couldn't feel my right foot for awhile and my left wrist was in excruciating pain. There's road rash all over me and blood on the ground. There are gaping holes in my wrists and there is a 5 inch laceration on my shin.

I got right up like nothing happened and assessed the damage.
I was scared to look at it. What I had worked for the past few years could have been gone in an instant.

As I walk over.....

I kept walking over....

kept walking

almost there.....

it's completely fine! :laughing:

NOW THE CARNAGE!!!

VIEWERS DISCRETION ADVISED:

hahahahaha, no what really happened was I was wheeling at about walkin pace and fell. :lol:

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#38 Unread post by intotherain »

adf

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#39 Unread post by intotherain »

12-7-07

I'm doing another track day in the intermediate group at Laguna Seca so I had to buy a higher quality suit..

HERE IT IS!
It is the Field sheer Flex 1 piece in black.

Got it a few days ago and ready to rock.

here.. http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Fie ... 20630.html

=