"intotherain"'s blog.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#21 Unread post by intotherain »

Ninja Geoff wrote:Damn you, these pictures make me want to move to the Monterey area even more. Awesome pics man. What kind of bike is that?
Are you going to move here? Would you move here for work? Because if you did, you are one lucky dude! Everyone I meet says that the if you get a chance to live and work in Monterey, you are very lucky! BTW I don't live in Monterey. I live in a little town thats squashed in between the ocean and Monterey.

My bike is a Lifan 200CC, 17 HP.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#22 Unread post by intotherain »

skoebl wrote:
VermilionX wrote:cool.

thanks for sharing NorCal to us.

but i still think we SoCal guys have more bike roads. LoL!

HAH! Not likely. There are no straight roads anywhere near me. We have super twisty roads going through the redwoods here. Not to mention Hwy 36; touted as being one of the best motorcycling roads in California. 156 miles that take about 6 or 7 hours to traverse :laughing: :laughing:
amen!

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#23 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

Dohun wrote:
Ninja Geoff wrote:Damn you, these pictures make me want to move to the Monterey area even more. Awesome pics man. What kind of bike is that?
Are you going to move here? Would you move here for work? Because if you did, you are one lucky dude! Everyone I meet says that the if you get a chance to live and work in Monterey, you are very lucky! BTW I don't live in Monterey. I live in a little town thats squashed in between the ocean and Monterey.

I would love to live and work out there. I wonder if they need EMT's...

And keep the pic's coming :mrgreen:
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by intotherain »

Ninja Geoff wrote:
Dohun wrote:

I would love to live and work out there. I wonder if they need EMT's...

And keep the pic's coming :mrgreen:
I looked in the ads today and the post office is hiring postal workers (mail deliver-ers. you work 6 days a week and work I believe from 6 AM until 5:30 PM and you get paid 55K per year =D =D =D ) (im not kidding either) but remember, everything is more expensive in Monterey.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#25 Unread post by intotherain »

3-19-07

Monday, 63 Degrees F, sunny, a huge cloud over monterey

So came out of my house today to be presented by fog. So I rode out half way to Santa Cruz and took these pictures. The cloud owned Monterey Bay. MUAYAHAH'

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#26 Unread post by intotherain »

3-24-07

65 F, Mostly Sunny, overall just a nice day.

I went motorcycling to the ocean during the day and then got on my mountain bike and rode down to my school. I took pictures at both. Enjoy! Also bought some equipment.

Here are my new Sidi B-2 size 10 boots. $235 with tax.
Bought:
Oil Pan: $9
10W-40 Oil: $8
Yellow Funnel: $.50

Here are pictures form the ocean:

Birds!

My bike!:

The water is getting a little close.
The water came up very high and got me.

Got higher up and took some more pictures:

Got home at about 5:30 PM. I did homework until 7:10 PM and got on my bike and rode to my school.

I tried this four foot drop into the dirt:

Since my skills were not up to date, I clipped a tree and landed straight on my butt:

Here is my bike + back pack in front of the drop.

Here are pictures of my school.

end.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by intotherain »

3-30-07 Friday, 65 F, superb weather.

Today was the first real day I tried installing my speedo.

I started at about 12:30 PM until about 8:00 PM with some breaks and stops to ACE hardware in between.

Alright so if you would, I have some questions in between so read it.

My main questions deal with how to integrate my speedo into the ignition system and how to install the speedo.

Start:

Took off the dash (It took me 1 hour alone to take off the dash, all the bolts were stripped and I had to hand crank it out) and installed my speedo...

Alright, so heres my first question: How do I integrate my "ignition" wire from my speedo to the ignition system of my bike securely? Here are pictures of what comes out from the igntion.
T

The red wire is the wire I need to somehow install onto the ignition system.Image

Second question, Does anybody have any idea on how to install the two magnetic bolts and the "sensor" on to my front wheel???

Third Question, does anybody know what what I need to install my RPM sensor to? I dont know what the "CDI" or "HT Coil" is I think I found what looks like the same thing on my instructions and is this it? And if so, do I strip it, wrap my wire around it, then close it with elec. tape?

Heres the instructions
And here is what I think the RPM thing should be wrapped around.

Alright. By the time I went to ace hardware 10 times, ate lunch, ate dinner and did all this crap it was 8 PM and dark as heck so I had to call it quits. I can't work on it until next Wednesday so I was hoping if I could get some helpful advice on my questions. The only reason I didn't try it myself was because it was getting too dark and I was WAY too tired.

Good bye bike.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by intotherain »

time for some blogging.. well I found out that www.pashnit.com took one of my pictures from my blog to use on their website without my permission.. tsk tsk. However I don't really care because I am too lazy to care.

Right now I am drying off my gas cap from washing it to fix my tank ventilation problem. (or try to)

I broke a few bones 1 1/2 month ago and they are still healing. They've healed but they still ache after a few hours. They are fixed for sure in one month and in 1 week they are supposed to be fully healed... I still go on rides usually at about 1 hour at a time. The longest ride I have gone of so far is 2 1/2 hours. After that I get too sore and painful to ride any more.

I bought a 2005 fz6 a few weeks ago. It has around 100 hp and is an I-4. Surprisingly it is the smoothest bike I have ever ridden. Although its dubbed as a noob deadly bike I can ride it fine. I think I could be considered a nub because I put 3,400 miles on my first bike before jumping on to this one.

I changed my screen name to "intotherain" because I don't want people to know my real name. :wink:

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by intotherain »

7-3-07

68 Degrees F.
No clouds

Went for a ride today through Carmel Valley. A few interesting things happened. First, I got hit by a bird in the face. Two, I almost ran into a family of ducks. Three, this is number three.

Wouldn't want to fall on this without gear!
Moo!

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by intotherain »

7-10-07
Installed some frame sliders on my FZ6.

7-17-07

Woke up at 5:30AM. Went for a nicely paced jog through the city. Took some pictures along the way.

I can't describe in words how serene it is to be one of the few people on the streets. It was a cool 55 degrees with no winds.