fireguzzi's Blog

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

fireguzzi's Blog

#1 Unread post by fireguzzi »

So I decided to start a blog so I have a place to talk about my rides and whatever else that I may feel the need to let loose into the this little corner of the World Wide Web designated for the motorcycle enthusiast.

So, a little about myself then.

My name is Trevor and I am 27 years old. I live in Georgia, and I ride a 1991 GS500E. I'm engaged and have a five year old son.

I started riding when I was 17 on an 87 Yamaha SRX 250. I have just recently given the SRX to my brother who has turned it into a pretty neat little cafe' ish style bike. I'll get pics eventually.

I rode the SRX off and on until I enrolled in a m/c mechanics class and decided too upgrade ( :roll: ) to a bigger better bike. So I got a P.O.S. maxim 750 that was sitting under a cover in my uncles driveway. He told me I could have it just to have something to tear apart while I took my m/c course. His intentions were to help me learn. My intentions were to fix and ride. HUGE mistake.......long story short, about four hundred dollors worth of rebuilt engine,( rings, all new gaskets and o-rings and a new cam chain guide that was somehow destroyed) all for about two months of electrical gremlin chasing, fuse popping and carburation HELL!!!!!
Finally the starter clutch, I assume, went poop and I don't want to fix it! Or any of the other things wrong with it.
So now I have a four hundred dollar piece of crap in the garage.

Ok on to the next "adventure". I passed the class and was a collage edumacated certified jobless bum. That is until one day a very strange thing happened to me while I was staring at the TV.
My loving and beutiful girlfriend looked at me. She picked up a shoe and got a good grip on it. She looked to see if the guy on first was trying to steal second, then she threw what felt like at LEAST a 90 mph fast shoe at me and told me to go get a funkin job.

So I did, I worked at a Polaris dealership / marine repair shop for just over a year until they closed the doors. Now I am back to being a jobless bum. (I've learned to watch out for flying shoes)
But at least I got a decent bike out of the whole ordeal.

So here I am today writing a blog on the internet. (I know, I'm so productive.)

Ok on to the fun stuff. Here are some pics of the ride I took yesterday.

And that is all until next time.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#2 Unread post by fireguzzi »

So I ordered a few things for my bike this weekend.
Damn aerostitch site just calls my name in my sleep, so I got some of their cheaper products.

1 throttle rocker

2 license plate frame

3 a sticker

Yeah I know, I'm a big spender. I think next month I will get this
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Whe ... 16869.html

I love that shirt.

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#3 Unread post by -Holiday »

fireguzzi wrote:So I ordered a few things for my bike this weekend.
Damn aerostitch site just calls my name in my sleep, so I got some of their cheaper products.

1 throttle rocker

2 license plate frame

3 a sticker

Yeah I know, I'm a big spender. I think next month I will get this
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Whe ... 16869.html

I love that shirt.
i was so going to order that exact shirt.

i to spend countless hours browsing the aerostich assortment of products. if you havent already, order a catalog and take it to work with you...

btw, you'll love the throttle rocker. I love mine.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#4 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Ok, so this is not about motorcycles, but i will share anyway.

My uncle sent this email to me. The subject being "I think I am going to write a book."
=====================================

Sheet Metal Zen

Greetings my fellow travelers of life.

Think with me a moment.
Every event of the past had to happen just as it has so that you could be in the very moment you find yourself.
This very moment as you read this is a singular event. You are aware of the singular importance of this moment because we are in the same universal moment. Even if it be years now uncounted in the future, we connect.
Be anxious for nothing! If you can but imagine the peace that must coexist in the place were we are anxious for nothing.
In Zen this place would be where Mountains are mountains and Rivers are rivers.
When we are anxious for nothing we have learned how to be content.

A monk found himself hanging from a cliff edge with soldiers standing above him who were ordered to kill him and a hungry pride of Lions below ready to eat him.
As the monk hung there he looked around and saw that the limb he clung to was a Blue berry bush. He saw there near his hand a ripe berry. He turned loose with one hand grabbed one of the berries and ate it. He then thought to himself “oh what a wonderful taste.”

This is Zen and it is contentment through not being anxious.
Being satisfied and hungry at the same moment. Balanced and in harmony with whatever is.
Letting the idea of being Thankful and Happy permeate through us.
From this state of thought you can explore the idea that all things are beautiful. All things are in all things.

Oh did I say beautiful? Yes I did!
If in creation all things are created equal none more or none less than anything else. But in my mind I add my thought of it is good, my mountain has a glow of GOODNESS about itself for me and this GOOD mountain is no longer just a mountain. In my mind I have added something to the mountain.
But if I see the mountain as just a mountain, it does not take away from the wholeness of the mountain, it does not add or detract from the mountain, it only means I do not limit the mountain with my own ideas about the mountain.
The mountain can be seen as Good or Bad depending only on the way our mind constructs it. The mountain does not see itself as good or bad.
We impart those qualities from within ourselves.
If you look at Genesis and the creation that is done there you will find that God is said to have said “and it was good.” This should stand to show us the state of God's thoughts at that moment, I think it shows Gods intent on how we should view his creation.

The Blue Berry tasted wonderful!

We are created in the image of God. We have the power to transform our world view through the thoughts we allow to direct us. If you think you are happy, you are!
The first part of creation is in the conception of the idea or thought. Next is the speaking of the thing. This speaking could be seen as planting of a seed. When planting your garden be in the mind set of Thanksgiving. If you plant a seed of doubt why expect to harvest a full bounty.
I have found that treating all thought as prayer keeps me constantly in the presence of the Creator.
When I plant my seeds I am in the mind set of Thankfulness, planting the seed with the visualization of seeing it fully grown and ready at harvest.
Paul put it this way…

Meditate on These Things
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. The things, which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

I pray that this letter finds each and everyone that reads it blessed with the comfort and peace that surpasses all uinderstanding.
In Love.
Stomper (pug)
=======================================
Just a little something I thought I would let loose on this little corner of the World Wide Web designated for the motorcycle enthusiast.

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by KarateChick »

Trev, ya finally started a blog. Looking forward to the updates. :D
Ya right, :wink: there are only 2 kinds of bikes: It's a Ninja... look that one's a Harley... oh there's a Ninja... Harley...Ninja...

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j135/KarateChick_2006/IMG_1245_1.jpg[/img]

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#6 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Ok so I thought I would share some of the family's bike with you guys. Most of the pics are pretty crappy becuase they were all shoved into my grandparents shop with crappy lighting. Ok so first is my late grandfathers 68 or 69 (can't remember:() triumph tiger. This is the last bike he ever raced. He even rode it in a seniors class a few years before he had to go on dialysis. He restored it about 6 years before he died.

This a crappy pic of my uncles Bonnie 750, It's a late 70's model.

And here is one of the bikes my other uncle still races. Also A tiger I think, no restoration for this baby she's all go and no show.
(it might be faster then my granddad's but that is debatable.)

The second tiger is just one of the bikes my uncle races now. Others include a 50's AJS that he just dropped a valve in. Fortunately it only destroyed the piston and scared the head a little. He said it just put a hole in the piston and just bounced up into the valve seat and stuck. No cylinder damage!!!! :shock: He has now upgraded the valve springs because he said the valves were floating. He also has ANOTHER tiger he races not as often (because it's not as fast as the one in the pic.) He also races an excelsior henderson of his freinds. He works for free in his shop on weekends for that privilege. :wink:

Well I gues thats it for today. Ill update soon becuase my coousin just bought a brand new Harley Nightster!! I'm gonna get some pics of that real soon. peace

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#7 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Ok so I really need to finish my project i started almost 2 years ago.

Its Yamaha MX100.

I bought it from my boss for fifty bucks, he said that him and the guy that worked there before me put new rings and all that good stuff in it, then just never got around to finishing it. Eventually it got put in a storage trailer where I came across it looking for ATV parts.

The exhaust was lost as was the oil injector pump. (for the 2 stroke oil) So far I have bought an exhaust off ebay for $20 and I have decided to just plug up the oil lines and use premix instead of trying to find a new oil pump.

So to do that I replaced this throttle cable, that also operated the oil injector,

with this one I pulled off my maxim.

The cable on the old one was also frayed and would not operate properly.
I had to modify the throttle housing a little too get the maxims cable to fit correctly. Sorry no pics of that, I wasn't planning on doing a write up of my progress.

That is as far as I have gotten so far. And a grand total of $70 dollars spent on the whole project. (50 for the bike and 20 for exhaust.) The only other thing I can foresee me buying for it will be an oil seal, as it came with all new gaskets.

Maybe I will finish it in another couple of years :D So be sure to watch this blog closely!! :laughing:

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#8 Unread post by fireguzzi »

It feels good to get my hands dirty again.

So I went to my grandmothers house ttoday to let my son play with his cousins who were there, and to eat dinner. Well my uncle came over and recruited me to help him adjust the timing on his triumph. (the white race bike in the pics above.) I was getting ready to dig up what I learned about adjusting points when he pulled the cover off and there was no points at all!
He had upgraded to more modern pick up coils. Well, I thought that was just the beez knees. He took the cover off the other side and lo and behold there was no stator either! (I know im a mechanical nerd to think this stuff cool) So I ask him how he charges the battery, he pointed to a battery charger from sears that was probably older then I was. I guess he has got just enough juice to get him through a single race, then back to the charger it goes.

When he pulled out the spark plugs I noticed that there were two washers on each one and asked him about that. He says that he has to do that because he shaved the cylinder head base down, some amount that I can't remember, add that to higher domed pistons and you get a little too close to hitting the spark plugs.

All in all I had a good time learning what all is done to squeeze out a little more power then the next guy. And I just enjoyed workin on a cool bike. I havent got to do much mechanical work since the shop closed, and I missed it a good bit.

Maybe I'll have to get me an old Triumph to work on. :mrgreen:

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#9 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Do I want a duel sport? I don't know either. I just cant decide. :(

On the one hand I got a pretty good bike that I really enjoy riding.
On the the other hand I would like to try something different.

I wonder if I could sell the GS and have enough money to get a used duel sport. what to do what to do

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#10 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Now we can see what it looks like. :)