fireguzzi's Blog

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#21 Unread post by fireguzzi »

I tried. I sold the GS to get me and the kid a couple of dirt bikes. Havin lots of fun and feeling good about getting my son into motorcycling. ( he loves it ) But now I am itching to ride on the street again. The lil wheelie machine(79 MX100) is tons of fun, if not a little rough on my back with the suspension on the back, but I just need those lonely rides in the farmlands and empty highways. They were my only times of zen. So Im on the hunt again. Im selling my snapon tool box friday and my 40. pistol tomorrow so that will put me a little over a grand. Add to that whatever else I can manage to scrape up the next few months and I might just be able to upgrade to a 93 GS500 :lol: Also thinking about getting an 70's era japanese twin. Hard to decide between modern and reliable and cooler and reliable. Or I could try to go cooler cool and not reliable and get a BSA twin or thumper and rock it all cool like and dodo. 8) My uncle says he can get a good deal on some BSA's for me, just dont know if that is what I will really be happy with riding out in the middle of nowhere.

Whats a guy to do....
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#22 Unread post by Wrider »

I just rode a friend's new GS500 today... Those things put 600s to SHAME in the corners! lol I'd rock one of those without a second thought!

As for a 70s era japanese bike... Personally something like a Yamaha 850 Special (triple) or something like that would be awesome! Indestructible engines, fun to ride (so I've heard) and lots of aftermarket parts and accessories for em!
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#23 Unread post by fireguzzi »

I doubt if I could put every guy on a 600 to shame in the corners, but I have put more to shame then have put me to shame. 8) The guy on the busa didn't stand a chance on MY roads that one time. The giant pack of sport bike riders I got behind one time on another of MY roads pissed me off so bad one time I could spit. They would fly away in the straights but as soon as there was a slight curve in the road I would come flying up on them and they would be holding me back from having fun. So yeah, the 500 can handle if you aren't afraid of it.

I just cant decide what to get though. There is a seca II in my price range on craigs list I am considering. Would be nice to have a four cylinder. But it was said to be in good condition mechanically but had some cracks in the fairings.
There are a few ole' japanese bikes too I would be interested in.

I guess I'll wait until the right one finds me.
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]