Rosco and the blogging thereof

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#121 Unread post by roscowgo »

You're closer than you know. I had to have a pint or two drawn off one vial at a time when I had that stoopid heart attack because the crap got thick.

I had smuckers for blood.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#122 Unread post by Wrider »

Wow that's crazy... Glad you're ok now though.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#123 Unread post by roscowgo »

Rather happy about it myself old bean :lol:

(It's entirely possible I have no memory of it and have posted these pics 40000 times before. Forgive me if I did.)

And because I saw dr_bar picking on blues about overloading the bike.... Heres mine with a full tower desktop computer.

And 3am in the worst fog/mist I've ever tried to ride or drive anything through.

And a couple from the new river gorge bridge I took last fall.
And least but not last, Frog Level Virginia. Entrance to rt16 and incedentally part of my hometown.

Info on rt16 from wiki:
Smyth County

Soon after crossing the divide, State Route 650, once the alignment of U.S. Route 58, splits off to the west, while SR 16 heads northeast and downhill to Sugar Grove. After a flat area near Sugar Grove, SR 16 again heads uphill, north and northwest across Brushy Mountain and the Appalachian Trail. It then runs northwest, following Staley Creek downhill past Attoway and Furnace Hill and through several gaps into Marion.

SR 16 enters the town of Marion on Commerce Street, meeting Interstate 81 and then State Route 217 (the Southwestern State Hospital driveways). At Main Street (U.S. Route 11), SR 16 turns northeast, overlapping US 11 out of downtown to Park Boulevard. There it turns northwest to the city limits.

The road again heads uphill, passing the west shore of Hungry Mother Lake and the entrance to Hungry Mother State Park (State Route 348). SR 16 crosses Walker Mountain an a curving route, coming down into the Rich Valley and crossing the North Fork Holston River at Chatham Hill and State Route 42 soon after at Black Hill. Again SR 16 heads uphill, climbing Brushy Mountain to the county line.

Tazewell County

Another twisty descent takes SR 16 down Brushy Mountain into the Freestone Valley, but almost immediately it must rise again to cross Clinch Mountain. This time, a single hairpin turn takes it into the wide Thompson Valley, where it passes the community of Thompson Valley. A gap between Knob Mountain and Rich Mountain leads to U.S. Route 19/460 Business at Frog Level, just east of the north end of State Route 91.

SR 16 turns northeast along US 19/460 Business into Tazewell, meeting the State Route 16 Alternate (Fairground Road) shortcut along the way. The overlapped routes pass through downtown Tazewell on Main Street and Fincastle Turnpike; SR 16 then splits to the northwest on Tazewell Avenue. It crosses the U.S. Route 19/U.S. Route 460 bypass of Tazewell on its way to the west end of State Route 61 at North Tazewell, still inside the town of Tazewell. SR 16 turns west where it meets SR 61, paralleling the Clinch River to the north end of SR 16 Alternate at River Jack. There it turns north and leaves Tazewell.

SR 16 begins to rise again, passing Adria on its way to the community of Stony Ridge at the top of the Stony Ridge, crossing the Tennessee Valley Divide again there. The road then descends the ridge te the northwest, crossing into West Virginia and becoming West Virginia Route 16 near the community of Bishop.

It's a heckuva road. I'd recommend it if you hate the outside edges of your tires.

I can't get the google map to embed..... to check it out from the air to speak so a search for directions from frog level to marion va.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#124 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Thanks for the pictures. It's nice to know someone understands. :lol:

BP problems...quit smoking, quit drinking, low to no salt, lots of vegetables and turkey.

Do you use warfarin or coumadin or some such thing to thin the blood? A friend of mine had to have a heart valve replacement so now he has to use coumadin forever. (He isn't very good about his food intake)

Glad to hear you're doing ok.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#125 Unread post by roscowgo »

/sigh vegetables and turkeys.

Actually I am doing better food-wise. And as I'm moving out away from the pizza monster in the next 1-2 weeks I should be able to surround myself with something not made from radioactive waste. Lots of salads and other shrubberies in my immediate past. I was down 6 at my last dr app. I'm about 3 months out from my next one, but I'm going to go ahead and get one in sooner.

And hopefully that will knock down the stress level some as well. Work has been plenty "pull your hair out and dye your bellybutton green" lately. Then go home to more of it. Especially that 97 hour week. Blech.

Seriously though, if yall ever get down this way, ride 16.

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#126 Unread post by roscowgo »

Wow. Ok...

Walking in on your gf and some other dude is kinda soap opera cliche...

But damned if it didn't just happen to me.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#127 Unread post by jstark47 »

Would this have occurred in a residence you and said gf share? Not cool...
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

mgdavis
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#128 Unread post by mgdavis »

Damn dude, sorry to hear that.
'07 Suzuki V-Strom DL650
An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject.
Molon Labe!!!

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#129 Unread post by roscowgo »

A day in the life of Rosco.

:laughing:

This does bring up a question of etiquette though, how long do you wait to go get the laundry that cause you to walk in anyway?

And no... we moved apart a couple of months ago. It appears, No. we aren't breaking up means different things to us.

Well... it means the same thing to us now for sure :lol:

sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#130 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Well, it's nice to be agreed on something?

(I think!)

That poor ol' pump of yours has had quite a few shocks to deal with recently, Rosco.

Hope you are able to give yourself what you need right now.

Take care, mate!
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog