Apollofrost's Blog

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#61 Unread post by Apollofrost »

ok, I've put 200 miles behind me since the accident and I'm still a little wary of the road, but I'm learning. I'm getting my confidence back as I deal with the little mishaps thrown my way.

Since the crash I've rode in fog as thick as miso soup, but only for a few miles.

I've ridden in the rain and had someone slam on their brakes in front of me. I almost lost it, I felt the front tire hydroplane and lose traction, but I put my foot down at the right moment and saved it.

Today someone switched lanes without thinking. They made a right turn then switched lanes even though the light in the intersection was green and people were coming. I caught it in time and slowed down without locking the brakes, which for me is an accomplishment.

Here's to 400 miles on the bike and 4 months on the road.

Here's to many more.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

#62 Unread post by Apollofrost »

Ok, I finally passed the big seven fifty. That's 750 miles since July and 550 miles since my crash.

I went to San Francisco Sunday afternoon and came back that evening. It was cold but I made the trip back in one piece. I'm still a little skittish, especially on the down hill sections but I've got time to get over that. I think that when I break the 1,000 mile mark I'll break down and get an aerostich suit and some heated gloves.

What's funny is I've ridden the bike to work almost every day since the beginning of September, put 750 miles on it, and still only spent like $50 on gas.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous