My thoughts on.............

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#21 Unread post by AZRider »

THE RIDE

Yesterday we rode to Flag for
my wifes company party.
We rode up taking Oak Creek Canyon. This is one of the most scenic rides in Az. The weather was perfect. Not hot. A little humid. Perfect.
It was supposed to start raining about 3. They were predicting up to 2" due to the moisture from the Hurricane, so we took the rain suits. We havnt gotten any rain.
On the way back we stopped and checked out Fort Tuthill state park. Very interesting. All the origional buildings are still standing.
The ride back was great. I love the smell of the pines while riding.
The crash bars added a level of Comfort to the ride. I was able to prop my toes up on it, alleviating some leg soreness problems I have while riding.
The bike performed flawlessly as always.

THE BIKE
Good news
I found some peg clamps for my crashbars. Kurykan makes them. They cost 44$ The ones for a 1 1/4 inch bar are 22$. Why twice the price?
I also need to get a set of bike chaps made before winter.

I am looking for a Sportster. Since Im not going to be leaving the area for 2 1/2 years my wife has decided she is again interested in getting a bike.

THE CHEVELLE
For Sale. 1972 Chevy Chevelle. 350/350 4bbl dual exhaust needs some work. Runs and drives(needs alignment)
7000$ OBO or partial trade for 2001 or newer 883 or 1200 HD Sportster.
Bike must be in top condition. Car is "as is".

SCHOOL
There will be an addition to the blog.
Tomorrow I start school. I am going to take classes for welding. If everything goes the way Im planning I will be getting my certification, then I will try to get a job, and I will be taking some fab classes, then some repaire classes.
I am hoping to eventually build custom bikes, and manufacture custom parts.
My journey begins tomorrow.

GOOD NEIGHBORHOODS, BAD NEIGHBORHOODS
I17 and Glendale ave. is indeed a bad neighborhood. Sorry.

Thats all for now
Later
Kawi VN1600

I dont give a damn what the name on the bike is..........Just ride it.

AZRider: Never met a bike he didnt like.

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 1996 Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX

#22 Unread post by ofblong »

Good luck on the schooling. Whatever you do with welding dont ever put it down. I weld like once every 3 months and have to use 3 or 4 pieces of scrap metal to practice on before I do the real weld cause I do it so little. Though none of my welds have yet to break right away. Welding is alot of fun but I dont think I could do it 8+hrs/day 40+hours/week (though I did get told that my junk weld skills are better than some people this person knows that weld everyday which made me happy :D). Whats neat about welding is everyone has their differences on what material they feel is easier to weld. I would rather tig weld aluminum than tig weld stainless steal because I feel aluminum is easier to weld and easier to get a good look to it where as Stainless (especially 316) I have a hard time keeping it from having "candy". However I would rather Mig Weld Cold roll steal. I hate arc welding but thats something I have done 1x in the past 7 years other than in my welding class.

Either way good luck have fun and dont get discouraged. An awesome welder (he made 200k/yr before he retired thats how good a welder he was) once told me he became an awesome grinder before he became an awesome welder. you know hes right :D.
96' Honda Shadow Deluxe VLX
Dream bike: Ducati Multistrada 1100S
[img]http://hdbits.org/pic/smilies/hdlove.gif[/img]

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#23 Unread post by Shorts »

ggrr, Chevelle. That'd be a so fun fun project :twisted:

roscowgo
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#24 Unread post by roscowgo »

I used to be a fair hand at slopping huge amounts of metal onto wheel units with a stick so they could be turned down a bit later :D

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by AZRider »

RAIN
Today It rained on the way home. I got a chance to try out the rain gear. It worked real well. To bad the main part of the storm blew over while I was getting geared up :laughing:
By the time I got going I only had a short ride in the rain. Then I got past it and it got hot. Whew.
SCHOOL
First class today. Orientation actually. I dont know if Im actually registered though. The instructor supposedly sent an email to everyone. As near as I can tell I didnt get it. Looked through all my Junk and blocked mail. Nothing. Checked my bank account. They charged me. Ill have to make some calls tomorrow.
THE RIDE
Nice ride. To school, then to work, then home. about 117 miles.
Up over the mountain is a nice ride. The problem is most of the time there is tourist traffic holding up your progress. They dont get the concept of puling over and letting others pass. But in the morning it is a great cruise.
School to work, 80 mph in wind. get going, gotta go.
THE CHEVELLE
Shorts, if you want to buy the Chevelle Ill store it for you till you can come get it :wink:

Thats it
Later
Kawi VN1600

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#26 Unread post by ofblong »

roscowgo wrote:I used to be a fair hand at slopping huge amounts of metal onto wheel units with a stick so they could be turned down a bit later :D
lol have fixed many a shaft by filling in the worn down from the race of a bearing areas with enough mig line to over fill the area and then turn it down :D. Works great for those times where it might be a week or 2 to get a new shaft in :D.

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#27 Unread post by AZRider »

MESH RIDING JACKETS
Yesterday my TourMaster Intake jacket came in. It works real well. Full armor, plus a wind/rain liner and an insulated liner. These are 3 season jackets, so It should work well for winter.
It looks a little power rangerish, but not to bad. 140 bucks, and I could have gotten it cheaper, but I felt it was better to buy it from my local Kawi shop, rather than over the net, that way if I didnt like it or it didnt fit, no probs returning :laughing:
I like it though.
This is the one I got.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product ... at=0&page=
The one in Dark grey.
And it actually works.
THE BIKE
I havnt been able to figure out anything brackets for my highway pegs. I tried some 1 1/2" pipe straps, no go. Im going to have to put some more thought into this. Im thinking about finding some side clamps. Hopefully that will work till I can afford some better clamps.
SCHOOL
I ordered my welding text book offline. 110$ new from the campus bookstore. I found it for 65$ online.
Sat. I have to go get all my equipment.This is costing much more than I thought it would.
Tats it
Later
Kawi VN1600

ofblong
Legendary 2500
Legendary 2500

#28 Unread post by ofblong »

I have some highway clamps im not using. when I get a chance ill get a pic of them for you so you can decide if you want them. all I would ask for is shipping cost.

AZRider
Elite
Elite

#29 Unread post by AZRider »

ofblong wrote:I have some highway clamps im not using. when I get a chance ill get a pic of them for you so you can decide if you want them. all I would ask for is shipping cost.
Hmm. O.K. one thing though. Do they fit the 1 1/2" Cobra oversized Bar? So far I have only found 1 that is the size and that is from Kuryakin. But go ahead and post em up and we will look at em.
Kawi VN1600

noodlenoggin
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: 1995 Ford Thunderbird =-(

#30 Unread post by noodlenoggin »

Oh, so you've learned the rip-you-on-textbooks lesson, eh? I've been through the dreaded end-of-semester sellback session too many times.

"What'll you give me for this?"
"Umm..." (flips through a book) "Six dollars."
"SIX DOLLARS?"
"Yep."
"I paid fifty for it...USED!"
"Six dollars."

Actually, I'm exaggerating a bit. Instead of "six dollars," make that "a quarter."
1979 XS650F -- "Hi, My name's Nick, and I'm a Motorcyclist. I've been dry for four years." (Everybody: "Hi, Nick.")