Patrick
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 1998 V-Twin 1500 & 2008 Suski C50T

Sorry about your dog

#21 Unread post by Patrick »

Animals become part of the family. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Pat
Keep the wheels on the road.

If you want check my blogg at this site.
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=25466&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#22 Unread post by Wrider »

Thanks guys... It does help that I was already moved out of the house, but it's still gonna hurt every time I go home.
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#23 Unread post by slimcolo »

sorry to hear about dog. Lost my 16 year old pup last year and still call him without thinking. Was my best friend
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=22842

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#24 Unread post by Wrider »

Again, thanks for the condolences... It really does help that I was already moved out and down here in Arizona when it happened. Mom says that her morning routine is really sad now because she doesn't let the dog in and out like she has for the last 10 years.

Anyway, school is going alright, I'm pretty good in the classroom part, which is the first 6 weeks of it. Last week we had our first quiz, most were kinda stressing about it, cramming and all. If I stress and cram, I inevitably fail, so I just took it as it came, laughed and joked until it came up.
50 Multiple choice questions.
1 hour to do it.
I was the first one done, walked out with the test done after (I kid you not) 6 minutes. I was quickly followed by another two students, then the last student finished after 54 minutes.
When I'm the first one done, I usually tend to think I did something wrong, but I did check to make sure there was nothing else, and I was completely done.
After lunch, I got my paper back. Third highest grade in the class, 94%!!! :mrgreen: :)
So yeah, no one got 100%, but there was a 98% and a 96% followed by mine. I was pretty happy with it.

That was on Thursday, on Friday we went through engine math. Bore, Stroke, Compression Ratios, Displacement, all that.
They gave us the formulas, relatively easy stuff! Got bored during lecture and wrote a calculator program to do it all for me. (Gotta love high school teachers that teach you to write programs.) So yeah, got that done, got the homework done, then the lecture ends and he says "Use the rest of the time to work on your homework!" :frusty: Sonuvabeech Now what? Turns out it's not as easy for a lot of other people. So I spent the rest of the class period helping out everyone else to learn and apply the formulas and whatnot. Got called a brain. That can't be true, if that were true, I'd still be in school for engineering or computer science!

Truth be told though, I enjoy this a whole lot more.

We take our next quiz tomorrow, I'll report on how I do. It might be a little lower score, I didn't understand how 2-Strokes worked until I got down here, so it took me a little to understand them and I'm still getting the specifics down. Why does everyone get all offended when I tell 'em I've never ridden a 2-Stroke or a dirt bike??? :laughing:

Anyway, that's enough for this update, will update again as life goes on!
Wrider
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#25 Unread post by Wrider »

High_Side wrote:Winter in Phoenix, with a bike in the garage and no licence? You really know how to torture yourself! I'm sure looking at, and working on bikes all day every day will make the time pass faster :lol:
Didn't see this one earlier, fortunately no bike in the garage... Heck, no garage, living in a 5th wheel while in school! lol And yeah, I've got a couple of guys down the road that are also in school with me, one rides a bobbed - Aero 750, and one rides a Softtail. Another guy that I carpool with is trying to get himself a Gixxer 600. (His first street bike, but he has over 2500 miles under his belt on his friend's 1000, so eh, what can I say to discourage him?)
Oh, and Shorts, I just changed it after I saw you posted it! Not your fault... lol All mine! Also, none of those tickets were on the bike, I was driving an 04 Dodge Intrepid and a 97 Toyota Camry when I got those.
Ceemes, yeah, that would hurt quite a bit. Motorola's always been the speed king! But that's why they have exits off the Interstates right? :twisted: Yes, I'm a sick sick speedfreak, I need to get to the track.
Wrider

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#26 Unread post by Wrider »

OOOHHHHH YYYEEEEAAAHHHH *Kool-Aid man bursts through the wall*

So yeah, I'm all excited, got another 94 on my test this time, again first one done, 13 minutes, done 7 ahead of everyone else. And this time, as far as I know, I got the highest grade in the class. Missed one just because of misreading the decimal, grrrrrrr. But I did ok overall I think. Because I missed a day, I got docked 15 points for attendance (20% of the grade) and a 94% average on the tests, plus perfect professionalism (pretty easy, don't throw things, don't attack students or prof and you're good to go).
Overall, that's a 93.4% for the class. So yeah, I'm happy!
BTW, has anyone here ever looked at a direct-drive Harley transmission? If you have, can you possibly tell me what they were smoking when they invented it? Where can I get some today? Musta been some good $hit! :laughing:
Wrider

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#27 Unread post by Sev »

Hahah, direct drive... that goes indirectly out the same way it came in. Makes no sense to me either. But that's American's for you.

Glad to hear you're doing well in classes dude :D. Keep up the hard work, don't beat up your class mates, and always remember. There's more fun stuff coming up! Just wait till you start doing some actual work!
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#28 Unread post by Wrider »

Sev wrote:Hahah, direct drive... that goes indirectly out the same way it came in. Makes no sense to me either. But that's American's for you.
The difference, Mr. Sev, is that we Americans can still understand it! I understand exactly how it works, I'm just not sure who was on what at the time it was designed! :laughing:
Wrider

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#29 Unread post by Sev »

Forgive me, I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Is what I should have said.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#30 Unread post by Wrider »

Ahhh, then you're like everyone in my class too! :laughing:
Wrider