Psycluded's After-Action Reports and Lessons-Learned

Psycluded
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Psycluded »

Quick update before I leave work and head home...

Rode with Karri to Auburn this Sunday (50 miles up I-85) and had a relaxed lunch at Chili's. She enjoyed the ride back more than the ride up. It was warmer and the sun had broken out from behind the clouds more.

This coming weekend, on the 1st, we'll be riding through Atlanta (160 miles up I-85) to Gainesville, GA (another 70 miles up I-85/985) to visit my folks for the 4th of July holiday. The ride should be interesting. I haven't ridden in Atlanta yet, so this will be a learning experience going through Atlanta on those packed-yet-fast-and-aggressive interstates 85 & 75. Hopefully we won't have too much trouble. I only know of a couple of turns I'm a little cautious and anxious about. I plan on stopping before Atlanta by 10 miles or so and letting my feet and legs relax before continuing. I want to be limber in case some cage decides Karri and I look tasty.
-Psycluded-
2005 Honda CBR600F4i - STOLEN
2005 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#22 Unread post by Psycluded »

I was all set to ride home to Gainesville, GA to see my family for the 4th. Friday comes, and I prep the bike, change the oil, check the other fluids, re-check the suspension, wash her, etc.

Saturday morning, I come outside to mount up.

No bike.

Yes, people, that's right. Stolen.

The steering column was locked, security system was active (lean sensetive, weight sensetive and ignition sensetive), and it was covered and locked down. All I found was the depression in the concrete where the sidestand was.

"Frustration", "Anger" and "Sadness" just all gained new meaning for me. :cry: :x :evil:

This blog will now become a Weeks-gets-a-new-bike blog.
-Psycluded-

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#23 Unread post by Psycluded »

Ok...

The skinny from the insurance people is that barring them finding the bike, they'll be writing it off as a total loss and handing Honda just north of 8 grand for it. The remainder will be covered in its entirety by GAP, minus my deductible, which is only $150. I'll still have to pay on the loan for the next 2 months while all of this goes through, but the good news here is that it -will- be covered.

The dealership here locally has a Raven Yamaha R6 that I'll probably pick up to fill my baby's tire tracks. *sighs* The new bike is all shiny, dark and mysterious. But I still miss my F4i. She was bright and happy and we had a nice relationship going... ;)
-Psycluded-

macktruckturner
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#24 Unread post by macktruckturner »

Dude, that sucks. Some people have no respect for other people's property. Hope you enjoy your R6 when you get it, better luck next time.

Anthony

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by Psycluded »

I'm actually changing my mind entirely, I think.

I checked my credit, compared stats and maintenance records of the new R6 vs the RR, and decided that I'm going to stick with Honda.

Some things that have influenced my decision:
  • The R6 has some serious transmission problems, not to mention the A/F inconsistencies in the stock maps. The RR has a near-perfect track record, with the only issue being the CCT going on on a -few- bikes I've read about.
  • While the R6 seat is more comfortable, Corbin makes replacement seats (pilot AND passenger) for the RR, which from all I've heard are FAR more comfortable.
  • I plan on doing track days, and pardon me for being vain, but taking the Raven edition R6 to the track would probably cause me to be more nervous about crashing than I need to be. That bike is too pretty to be tossing around curves on a track. I can get racing plastics for the RR much more easily. Not only that, but the RR has a better reputation on the track.
  • And now the kicker: It's much easier, financially. I can get the RR without nearly the headaches involved in getting an R6. Honda knows me. I already have an account with them. Yamaha doesn't.
So, looks like I'll be doing the RR thing. :)
-Psycluded-

Psycluded
Elite
Elite

#26 Unread post by Psycluded »

Hoookay... after 4 weeks of waiting, this week I actually get to DO stuff about the bike. Need to hop on the insurance guy and poke him about getting the evaluation done and getting a check cut and FED-EXed to Honda. Should be there by Monday next. This weekend, I have a LAN party, so that'll occupy me for the time being. Once the check is at Honda and is processed, I'm in the clear for getting the RR.

There's light! Light, at the end of this tunnel! ;)
-Psycluded-

scarboy
Rookie
Rookie

yo

#27 Unread post by scarboy »

Nice to see another guy from alabama on here! I'm in auburn!
Chris Dill

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#28 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

so the alarm never went off or anything? that sucks dude. congrats about getting the new bike though.

ride safe.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#29 Unread post by NorthernPete »

makes you wonder if he got a new bike or not... *noites dates of blog*
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F