IMOALE's CB350 Garage Build

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

IMOALE's CB350 Garage Build

#1 Unread post by IMOALE »

Hello everyone I hoping to start a good blog here at least I think that's what I'm doing now. Im at the start of my first every motorcycle build. I have two projects going and both are cb350's( I think this small engine is kick a$$ an love its look) one is a bobber and the other a cafe. I have done most of the work myself. Hope to hear from more cb350 owners with ideas and most of all your knowledge. I will begin to post pictures very very soon. :?
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

Blog help and reccomendations

#2 Unread post by IMOALE »

High can anyone recommend a free image hosting site I can use to post images of my projects? Also can any one tell me how to "link" images onto my Blog? :oops:
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Photobucket works pretty good. They let you set up albums and such. Once you upload the picture the site will give you the url code you need to post a picture.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

Let's see how this goes.

#4 Unread post by IMOALE »

I Started these this year and have been somewhat slow. Mostly cuz of cash flow, time, and parts. I never took pictures of the bikes when I got them. The first was a basket of parts left over from one of those guys that part out bikes for ebay. Then I found an almost complete bike which I didnt have the heart to part out so it became my cafe racer project. First came th frame chop it was done by a guy I know who does sand rails his first chop but I thinkit came out okay. I really need to learn how to weld.

This is my first image so hopefully it works. Ths is my 68 cafe. I really wanted a larger tank and found this 750 and dig the way it looks. My seat pan came out real nice and will be adding the rear part of the cafe seat to it. This will be my first shot at blocking/metal fabrication. We'll see how good you tube has taught me.

Big thanx to JohnJ for the help. Look forward to hearing from anyone that can teach me something.
Last edited by IMOALE on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by IMOALE »

Wow that worked. I will pull out my car tommorrow and take better pictures. So far I have chopped off the Battery box and cleaned up the frame a bit. Then sand blasted it and had it powder coated. Went to a shop in Mexico and the guy was ina good mood and cut me a hell of a deal. $50 bucks for all the parts you want powder coated. I got quite a few pieces done. But one mistake in all the rush I never masked off anything. So lets just say I've had to strip powder coat off some threads.

Close up of my cafe seat so far.

This is my bobber project. The tank was on my second parts bike in its present shape, and im thinking of keeping it that way.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

The Horse at Cottonwood AZ

#6 Unread post by IMOALE »

Just found out The Horse wll be in Cottonwood AZ in Oct and see no way of completing either bike by then. Oh well hopefully next time. I have found a near running cb350 nearby and hope to use it to complete the Bobber. Hopefully I'll come up with a name for it soon. I have found my 16" rim for the bobber and have removed the center hub. I believe it was on a cb250 hub.

My most recent find a 16 inch japanese rim which I will lace up for my bobber.

Anyone need this hub and spokes. Smaller than my CB350 believe its to a cb250. Let me know if you want to trade or make me an offer shipping will be what ever you want to pay for.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

Back to the Cafe

#7 Unread post by IMOALE »

Well here are some more shots of my cafe. I cleaned up the battery box area. I hope to house the battery in the cafe seat. I've routed all my wire as neatly as possible.

Ive also aquired some Tomaselli replica clip on which I think are awsome, and keep with te vinatage feel I want.

I've started to rebuild the controls and should be adding pics of them soon. As you can see below there are still some traces of the old yellow paint job this bike had befoe I stripped it down.

Im in the process of have a tensioner machined an hopefully will be into final assembly of the egin soon.

Last edited by IMOALE on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

And now the Bobber

#8 Unread post by IMOALE »

As you will see I will be going back and forth between bikes. The bobber is sopposed to be on hold but if a part comes across I have to jump on it. Which is what I did with the above 16 rim. Here are some shots of the Bobber Which needs alot more than my Cafe, but I plan to keep this one as backyard as I can.

Check me out on ebay I will be trying to come up with some funds for projects with the parts I will not use. Drop me a pm I'll list it if I have it.

ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

CONTROL REBUILD

#9 Unread post by IMOALE »

WELL HERE IS WHAT A WIRE WHEEL, SODERING GUN, AND A LITTLE POWDER COATING CAN DO

This is how the part looks off the bike, Alumnuim with a silver coating. I carefully disassembled the switch. Cleaned all the contacts on the wire wheel. Reattached any loose wires. And put it all in a zip lock for safe keeping. Be carefull alot of small parts and bearings.

This is the part after the wire wheel. Nice shine I could use it like this or buff it on the polishing wheel. I have to many shiny parts on my bike so I'm gonna powder coat these. Make sure you get a real fine wire wheel.

And here is after powder coating and reassembly. A little red Krylon for plastic on the knob and ta da. I will be shopping the new screws and installing them on clip ons soon. Will add pics to this post when there on.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA

IMOALE
Rookie
Rookie

At last a freebie

#10 Unread post by IMOALE »

We had a little storm here in my area nothing like those folks in Texas. And I just wish our people weren't so helpless. Have you guys seen those other countries that get hit just as hard. The day after there out there with shovels and wheel barrows and donkeys. They freakin amaze me DO IT YOURSELFS amaze me. My best wishes to all that got hit hope you get home soon to rebuild. Any ways the storm knocked down some trees and I get a free stump to pound out my seat on. And its free!!!!! another thing I love.
ONE MEAN CHIHUAHUA