My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#41 Unread post by blues2cruise »

By the way, how's the baby?

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#42 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Bulgy battery is going to the dump at some point... as for the dead one for my 400, its on the charger. But I bought another one anyways, just in case. And got the bike fired up. yay... Its supposed to be around 11 tommorrow and not raining, so maybe Ill take it around the block, Im not going on any thing longer until I get some new spark plugs though. I had to push it back home last year once because of bad plugs, and the ones in there now aint the nicest looking. As for the baby, doing great, a little fussy at night, but nothing I cant handle.... I "aquired" a few pairs of ear plugs from work, so after hes changed and fed and been rocked and is still upset, I can let hiom cry a bit without feeling too badly *chuckles* (Im mean arnt I?) but from what Ive been told, its fine to let them cry a little.

currently getting rained on.... but its melting more of that snow!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

#43 Unread post by NorthernPete »

bought my new chain today... aftermarket from the shop... 45 bucks,,, cant go wrong, sure beats 112 they quoted me... just waiting for the sprokets now....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

#44 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Well, went cage shopping this past week, the dakota is nice, but putting a baby seat into the back seat sucks. we couldnt use the new 3 in one stroller/baby car seat thing that we bought and had to go with an older car seat that still didnt leave much room for my wife in the front seat... think knees on the dash board.

So I shopped around a bit, and was thinking about a jeep liberty and was almost going to get it when a friend of mine suggested I check out the Pontiac Torrent. which I did, lets say that for 5 grand less, I got a bigger truck then I was going to get with the liberty. nioce ride, AWD, snazzy lookin vehicle. anyways, I pick it up monday, Ill take some pics and show yall the new cage that I dont plan on using til it snows *L
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

Shiney new cage..

#45 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Well, with the baby, I couldnt justify keeping my pick up, so I bought a *gasp* SUV!

before you start though, its a Pontiac Torrent AWD, gets better fuel milage and im saving in my payments and my insurance each month, plus my wife has leg room and the baby is in the good seat...heres some pics of my new toy.

snazzy....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

before and after!

#46 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Just browsong the photobucket account..and found my bike project...Ill post my before and after pics..even though its not quite after yet..I want to stroke my ego..

before!

After-ish (carbs? meh, dont need those!)

AFTER!

neat
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

#47 Unread post by NorthernPete »

anyone else notice that when you order parts...they never all come in at the same time...

I ordered front and rear sprokets and a new chain for the seca, I got the chain the same day, a week and half later today I get the drive sproket, and still waiting on the rear sproket...*grumbles* also still dont have my brake rod that I have had on order for 2 months.... I told them too get off their collective bottoms and figure out where exactly it is, how long it will be to get and to get it here ASAP. I think Ill make them give me a discount for it.

stupid parts......

On my Maxim front, I got the rear wheel off a couple weeks ago, the rear brakes were seized, but it was just a bit of rust build up on the little rod that moves the brakes... grinder fixed that up all nice... I suppose I should change out my rear wheel bearings as well. But Im stuck until I order some new rubber, and since I dont want to do that until Im sure the bike runs, Im stuck until I get my carbs back. I will call up and find out about that today.

Ahhh, I forsee alot of cursing soon...the electrical is a rats nest.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

#48 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Hmmm, I hate ordering parts....

I go in today and say "Hello, I ordered my brake rod about 2 months ago, its on back order you keep saying, could you tell me where it is? Also, I need my rear sproket still, could you check if its in?"

Parts guy "Ya, Ill phone them....*ring ring* ya, calling about part number XXXXX... oh, really.....ok..... discontinued?.....since when?,,,,, ahhh....*click* both parts are discontinued, You'll have to check your scrap yard for the brake rod, and we will get an after market sproket for you, which costs 50 bucks less (I wish they would have checked that the first time, I didnt know they were on commission *L)"

so Im stuck for a week with no riding again.... :frusty:

Dag.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

#49 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Theres 1 mosquito in here driving me nuts.....

I ordered my parts... maybe next week get the bike running, probably not... they take forever.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#50 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Just read through from beginning to end. The bike's looking great! Can't wait to see the completely finished product.

And quit shoo'ing those mosquito's this way! :laughing: