NorthernPetes Bike Adventure

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#101 Unread post by NorthernPete »

well, I started into the head block assembly project viewtopic.php?t=13396

got the head block cover off the spare engine, need to go buy some bigger cross head screw drivers tommorrow though to get at soemthing that I dont remember the name of (its in the manual.) so I can get the cam shafts out. then I pull the other engine out, repeat the process and then back togther....

Ill take some pics tommorrow for this bloggy thing!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

Longest ride for me

#102 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I took the bike for a little romp today, its never gone more then 20 KMs out of town, so today I took it for a 140 KM trip (still not far I know, but it works for me) went to see a friend of mine in the next town down the road. about half way there, I noticed that, with blue sky on each side, a line of rain clouds, which happened to follow the contours of the high way most of the way to Matheson (where my buddy mike lives) I now know the feeling of water slowly seeping down your socks into your shoe... yeeeech. Oh well, it turned out well, iof not a bit soggy and cool. watched a few Ultimate fighter episodes (final on now...good fight for the middle weight, go heavy weights!) then rode home. took a few snaps on the way at a rest stop. and took a few pics of the heavy Haul trucks coming from the open pit mine near where I work (we have an open pit and underground operation) bet you dont have any of these biggies crossing the road near you *LoL* I stopped in at my moms house and had a biote of dinner with my brothers and mom (home made macaroni and cheese, good stuff!) I then proceeded to fall asleep on the couch (Fresh air did a number on me) a quick nap, and i was off.... raining again :? the police had a RIDE (drunk driver) program set up, and just past that, my clutch started acting up. couldnt shift up past 3rd gear...that sucked, but I figured out closer to home that the cable seems loose...and if I pull the lever in closer to the base itll change (I tried a clutchless shift, but the bike would have none of it....I dont like the idea anyways, so I rode home at 60 KM/hr....putt putt putt)

but Im home, dryish and happy....

pics!!!

ME!

A couple at the rest stop... Fredrick House river rest stop.

Big trucks?

thats that!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#103 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:kewl:

NorthernPete

Yummy New bike!

#104 Unread post by NorthernPete »

here it is...my new shiney toy!!!

Unfortunatly its raining out now, and I have to work for the next 5 days, so I wont get too much riding in.... (I refuse to bring the bike down that road!) I got me a pair of boots with it... yay!

and a windshield is coming in at some point.....

im stoked!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#105 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:woot: Congratulations and Happy New BikeDay! :kicking:

Not to mention... :kewl:

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#106 Unread post by blues2cruise »

The bike is almost as shiny as your smile. :)

Congrats....it looks good. We want to see the boots, too.

NorthernPete

#107 Unread post by NorthernPete »

well, with the weather and work, I havent had much of chance to ride... I have managed to put my first 100 Kms on the odometer...w00t. all about town putting, so Im actually fairly happy with the number. Im getting used to the laid back feel of the cruiser style bike. low to the ground is very cool! although I do notice a slight pulling in my back just above my kidney, but I think thats just me getting used to the possition. I found out about slippery tires the other day, going around a corner the rear wheel went over a manhole cover and slid out a bit. a little bit of a breath catcher, but no big deal, I just have to watch my line a bit better I guess. also, I found that my jeans tend to catch every so often on the foot pegs, not enough to impede my feet getting to the ground thankfully, so I will be looking into some riding pants of some sort, although riding jeans would most likely have thge same problem I would think.

I got a call about my windshield, saying it was in. Went to the dealer and they were not able to find it for some reason. I suppose I'll go harrass my salesman on tuesday about it :laughing: . Im also thinking about a small luggage rack for the bike, I would have to go with the kawasaki part, due to the pilon seat not being removable on the bike, and I dont feel like buying a solo seat just yet. they do look nice though eh?

maybe that back rest too, but Im not sure...kinda $$$

and Im going hunting on Ebay for some saddle bags.

thats it!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

NorthernPete

Oddness...

#108 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I was sitting at a stoplight this afternoon, and some random guy came up and said "Nice bike, how much, its like one of those harleys thats not a harley right?" in a wierd kinda german accent.... I mean, in a parking lot this wouldnt have really made me think twice..but at a traffic light..... :?
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#109 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:laughing:

I had 3 people "stalking" me last week on mine (all in separate vehicles). They followed me from the grocery store to the pharmacy and waited for me to come out and tell them about it and asked all kinds of questions. It was kind of freaky.

NorthernPete

#110 Unread post by NorthernPete »

mmm.... a cow dies for these boots...

Im going for a ride tommorrow..if the weathers nice..one second..

mmm...sunny!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F