totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: - < TWO WHEELED WRECKS > -

#161 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Nice pics! I really like the middle one with the lights and the tree... you made it look like it was snowing without being outside.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: two wheeled vehicle

#162 Unread post by wrecks »

Thx Mike!
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 GSXR 600 (taken out by cager)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#163 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

wrecks wrote:Thx Mike!
You are most welcome! I am a photographer myself (when I have time, which isn't much these days), but I do own quite a few film SLR's (2 Nikon's and 5 Konica's) and lenses. My wife and I used to do some wedding photography to help pay the bills.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

DRZ 400sm Chain...

#164 Unread post by wrecks »

Here's my old Chain from the DRZ. When replacing chains make sure you use a rivet link not a clip on. In my experience I tried the clip on link and it broke right as I took off from the garage. Good thing it didn't happen on the freeway. I wanted to give the clip-on's a chance. So many people said they never had any prob's with clip on's saying "they've raced on them" etc, etc, etc. I wanted to see for myself. Learned the hard way. Be safe use a rivet link. : )
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#165 Unread post by Wrider »

I've seen a clip type come off before but only after it was installed wrong. You've gotta get it all the way through and the clip in the retaining depressions.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#166 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I've only installed a few chains before but they are usually not a problem with the right tools, time and know-how. The clip method I've used on all the chains I've put on, thus far, no issues with them. But the rivit link, I would guess would be a better method if your bike chain is under serious stress. (if, off-road stuff).

Mike

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

#167 Unread post by wrecks »

Nothing really to report for the past several months. Rain, Rain, and more rain with several days of hail. Riding in this crap sucks but still beats driving in the city. One thing I did was invest in some better rain gear. Now i use the bottoms of my old rain gear, waterproof boots by Sorel, a D-Dry Dainese Jacket, and waterproof Dainese gloves. It's working well but the only thing is the Dainese D-Dry Jacket has an issue. The front pockets of it are not waterproof. So if you ever get any D-Dry jackets/Pants make sure that the pockets are waterproof too.

Great rain jacket but the front pockets are not waterproof. :?
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#168 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Nice new rain gear, I like the color! I know what you mean about proper rain gear and staying dry. I was lucky enough to get a set of Harley-Davidson brand heavy rain gear (see below) and it rained for days after, but I stayed 100% dry (although my boots are not water proof).

I used to have a pair of camping yellow rain gear that I carried with me on my bike if it was going to rain and it did ok too, but it was the cheaper plastic/nylon stuff, but better than nothing.

The only problem I think with branded rain gear is if you are not riding "that brand of bike" then does it look dumb? haha.

wrecks
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze

Ride!!!

#169 Unread post by wrecks »

I haven't been on in awhile but here's how I spent one of my days off. CLICK for the video.

:D
cag 50cc (pit bike)
91 Ninja 250 (sold)
2k6 XT 225
2k8 CBR 1000rr
2k9 DRZ 400sm

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#170 Unread post by Wrider »

He's alive! haha Welcome back.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha