D-Wayne and Ned

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#21 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

It's been a pretty crappy week in terms of weather. I havent been able to squeeze in much riding, any enjoyable riding that is. So i went out with a buddy to go snap some pics out in Bragg Creek, funny thing is i took my truck and the weather cleared up almost as soon as we arrived into the area. We drove up moose mountain and played around alittle, got my truck dirty and took some scenic pics. I was surprised to find that much snow along the way up.

We then moved on to a spot i have only visited while it was covered in snow, looks completely different all thawed up. I'm warming up to my new camera quite nicely, it covers up my lack of skill i have as a photographer; It also helps to have a friend along with you that can provide tips almost all the time....

a nice puddle we found to play in, It was too big to resist. I found that my truck is almost like a giant pair of rubber boots this time of year. :D
ImageImage

Further up the road allowed for more scenic opportunities....

Finally some nice water photos.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#22 Unread post by High_Side »

Great pics - I love that area!

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#23 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

So i went out and bought a new pair of boots today, woo! Its actually amazing how much more you can feel underneath your foot while wearing motorcycle-specific foot wear, when i road home it almost felt like a new bike or something. Up until now i had just been wearing my nikes, which covered my ankles but i knew they didn't offer enough protection as they should.

So today i brought home some Sidi Vertigo's. They were super comfortable during the hour or so i was on my bike today and they look great. Best of all they are gonna protect my beautiful ankles if the worst happens.

ImageImage

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#24 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Well im sitting here with nothing to do on my day off, which would have been perfect for riding. I have found that i have become more involved in the whole motorcycling sport than i thought i had. Having found my bike on its side tuesday morning and unable to ride, i am very mad about the fact that my bike wont even be seen until the 18th of june. Who knows when it will be ridable. To tell you the truth i'm kinda scared to find out how much this is going to cost me, i would have rather known that i had tipped the bike over because then i know what i could have done to correct it and learned something from the whole ordeal.

The last couple of days after work have been spent looking for prices on parts that need to be replaced. However with no luck i'm just going to wait for the damage evaluation from the dealership on the 18th. Yet i found out through searching the internet that it is fairly common for newer riders and even some experienced riders to have dropped a bike. So i guess this kind of stuff happens to a few people, sucks though. Guess im just going to have to find a new hobby for a couple of weeks. :?

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#25 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Definitely sucks not having a bike to ride right now, all i can think of currently are routes id like to riding.

My bike is currently at the dealership just being looked at, not a happy camper because the damage evaluation was supposed to take place a week and a half ago but the guy that picked it up from me didn't leave any paper work with my ride when he left it in the service bay. So it just sat there until i called wondering what was going on, because i had not heard anything. At least the management team figured something out, but im still not happy that im having to wait this long on a "simple" damage evaluation that was supposed to take an hour of the mechanics time. :frusty:

Eh i guess i it doesn't really matter anyways, i just got my wisdom teeth out and my cheeks are so swollen that i couldn't fir my helmet over them even if i had a bike to ride. I guess ill just have to keep twiddling my thumbs in the mean time....

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

Are you claiming this through insurance? If not, I would pick your bike up and bring it over to my place. We'll give it a good look-over and get you on your way. There should not be any serious damage from tipping over at no speed and your issues are all likely cosmetic. Pm me if you want some help. Don't miss the summer waiting for the dealer to get around to looking at your bike.

High_Side

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#27 Unread post by Wrider »

Wisdom teeth out is never any fun. I had all 4 out at the same time and all I remember for a week or two after is "Ya know? This doesn't feel nearly as good as I'd prefer it to feel."
(yeah I was loopy on the prescribed vicodin plus 1200 mg of advil every 3 hours... I'm a big guy and it takes a LOT of painkillers to kill my pain lol)
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#28 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Wrider wrote:Wisdom teeth out is never any fun. I had all 4 out at the same time and all I remember for a week or two after is "Ya know? This doesn't feel nearly as good as I'd prefer it to feel."
(yeah I was loopy on the prescribed vicodin plus 1200 mg of advil every 3 hours... I'm a big guy and it takes a LOT of painkillers to kill my pain lol)

Haha yeah i know what you mean, i had all 4 of mine taken out on friday, wasn't so bad until the freezing wore off 2 hours later. They gave me an ample supply of codeine and amoxicillin. :wink:

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#29 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

FINALLY!!

After a long ( about a month and a bit ) and painful ordeal with the dealership, my bike is finally back on the road.....never thought replacing a cowling and a handle bar would take this long. Anyways i will be updating with lots of ride pictures as i get them in the coming weeks, one trip i am looking forward to making is out to mara lake and staying at the girlfriends cabin :jump:

later!

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#30 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

It's been awhile since ive been able to post because of a lack of a usb cable to post photos. However i went out and bought one today so that problem has all been taken care of.... good thing too because the weather has taken a turn for the worst and riding would be fairly unpleasant due to the rain we have been getting.

I went and did the hwy 40 loop last wednesday, and it was beautiful! I even got to see a Grizzly bear crossing the hi-way. No photos of that though from fear of being lunch. This was one of the longer rides i've taken this year and the first since getting my bike out of the shop. It took me about 4 and a half hours to complete the ride stopping for gas and to take photos every now and again. Couldn't have asked for better weather, it was a balmy 20 degrees out with no clouds insight. I've found that as i have progressed my skills as a rider i have become more and more confident during rides. I don't know if thats a good thing though, i feel like if i don't keep in mind that i have only been riding for a year its going to bite me in the "O Ring" in a big way.

Anyways a few photos from last wednesday:

Entering Kananaskis

These guys were all over the place when i stopped for gas.

Stopped at highwood pass, i saw that grizzly about 5 minutes down the road.