Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

Re: Z's Blog!

#51 Unread post by Wrider »

I've gotta agree with them. Sounds like he just doesn't want to go back in there and admit he screwed up.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#52 Unread post by zeligman »

he didn't screw up - all was fine for the first two months... then ... not. i just went too fast while under the care of the PT. I know - everyone has horrible PT stories - but mine seemed pretty reasonable. I think i was too eager to get back on my feet, and just screwed it up. nothing anyone can do now - gonna try non-surgical remedies - orthotics and shoe builds - at least these days they aren't frankenstein boots any more.

thanks for checking in everyone!~ :)
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

Joe_F
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 45
My Motorcycle: Custom V-twin

#53 Unread post by Joe_F »

Don't give up. I went down 1 1/2 years ago, similar injuries tore up my leg and ankle, in a cast for 2months, tore the bike apart while I was still in the cast, fixed everything myself, except the swing arm, had a mech I know heat it and straighten it out, and true it up, put everything back together, and was riding before my cast was off, when they put me in a walking cast, I went back to work, riding the bike, I heard the same things, crazy, what not. I've been riding most of my life, even when injured. I just don't pay attention to anything anyone else has to say, and the people that know me know I won't change now anyway, so they just put up with it.

So keep plugging away, if you want it bad enough, it will happen.

zeligman
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 02 Suzuki Volusia 800 (in salvage :( )

#54 Unread post by zeligman »

Hi all - thanks for all the continued support. got some rough news today - discovered that my ankle is disintegrating and needs to be operated on quickly - also a very likely bone infection in my tib and ankle. It's basically a mess, and if i wait too long, i won't ever be able to walk normally.

had to drop out of a family cruise, all different work planning, and a whole bunch of crap. They tell me that the recovery won't be as rough as last time, but I guess time will tell. June 6 is the operation date - will update after.
still recovering - back to crutches, then walking with a stick, then running - then hopefully riding again!

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#55 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Best wishes for a good surgeon and speedy recovery.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#56 Unread post by ceemes »

Z man. Feel for you bro, went thru the same thing years ago, tho with out the complications you are suffering. Took me three long years to heal up to where I could walk without support. It'll take time and a lot of effort, but it will get right in the end. Just don't push it too hard too fast, I know its frustrating, but just take it easy and heal.

Once you been given the clearance to do so, head down to your local swimming pool. Enter into the water at about chest or shoulder level while standing. Then go for a walk. The water will support your weight and allow you to exercise your leg. Did this when I was only allowed 25% weight baring and it helped me reteach my leg how to move. Plus the water resistance helped tone it up without putting too much strain on the fractures or the hardward.

As for riding again. Don't delay, get back as soon as you are able and feel up to it.. I was off the horse for a good 8 or 9 years after getting t-boned, swore I would never ride again. But something was missing. Then I found my Sabre, took it for a test ride and realized what I had been missing all along. Now I ride pretty much all year and in all weather.
Always ask why.