My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just me?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: My Moto Guzzi V7. Does it smell like pizza or is it just

#41 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Today I'll be installing the new DART windscreen onto the Moto Guzzi that arrived in the mail for review. Manufacturer says a 10 min job and if so, that would be great.

P.s. LOL!! Yes, Dos Equis XX. :drunk:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#42 Unread post by BobK »

You could smell like pizza with some Pizza Hut perfume:
Pizza Hut Perfume: For the Fast Food Fan Who Has Everything

Who wouldn’t want to smell like a pizza? The dough, the spices, the cheese, the greasy cardboard box — all that olfactory delight might be too much for one fast-food connoisseur to handle. But now you, too, can smell like the inside of a teenage delivery boy’s Honda Civic — if you’re one of the lucky 100 people who are fans of Pizza Hut and also live in Canada.

According to the Globe and Mail, the project started out as a joke by Grip Limited, Pizza Hut Canada’s social media management firm, who asked the chain’s Facebook fans in August to imagine the aroma of a fresh-delivered pie as a perfume — and to name it.

“Do you love the smell of a box of Pizza Hut pizza being opened?” the post read. “We thought so. If that smell was a perfume, what would it be called?” Surprised by the enthusiastic response — fans chimed in with names like ”Grease Lightning,” “Yeast Seduction” and “Eau de Pepperoni” — Grip Limited decided to take the joke a step further by hiring an aromachologist to design a limited-edition scent.

It was, to put it mildly, a challenge. “We did a couple of rounds … trying to get the right smell,” Beverly D’Cruz, marketing director for Pizza Hut Canada, told the Globe and Mail. “All of them were not fun … You’d think cheese smells nice. Not so.”

The final scent — dubbed Pizza Hut Perfume — includes “top notes of freshly baked, hand-tossed dough,” according to a company press release.

At the end of September, the company announced the perfume’s existence on Facebook, offering a free bottle to the first 100 people to respond. In an hour the marketing team was inundated with more than 1,000 requests, four times the anticipated amount, the Globe and Mail reported.

Pizza Hut Canada will ship the scent this week so that the winners will receive their prizes before Christmas, according to the Globe and Mail. The chain also said in the release that it’s possible the perfume could appear in stores in the future.

Though Grip Limited’s tactic may make more than a few noses wrinkle, Pizza Hut isn’t the only culinary company to garner attention with odd aromas. Four years ago, Burger King offered a $4 meat-scented body spray for men, Flame by BK. Before that in 2006, Stilton created a perfume meant to mimic the scent of the pungent blue cheese.

So how does the eau de pizza smell? ”It’s delicious,” Eric Vieira, Grip Limited’s director of digital strategy, told the Globe and Mail, although he quickly acknowledged that it’s not for everyone. ”I hope some poor guy doesn’t give it to his girlfriend,” he said.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#43 Unread post by sunshine229 »

...hmmm... should I be offended - I used to work at Pizza Hut?!?!?!?!?! I think I probably smelled like eau de pizza on a number of occasions. ;)
Andrea :sun:

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#44 Unread post by High_Side »

A stupid video but they mention your "bad Moto-Guzzi".....

BTW - I got it to link here using the Long Link URL that looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1vOVki-a1s

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#45 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:A stupid video but they mention your "bad Moto-Guzzi"....
LOL! "Bad Moto Guzzi and Rock n' Roll Lifestyle"! Too funny!! I agree with you bad video, worse song...but very Cake! :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#46 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

So, we were out on our bikes today doing The Riding Game thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37027&start=470) and I don't want it to be come boring to say, but MAN IS THE MOTO GUZZI A BLAST TO RIDE! So much fun, so much character, I just love it so much.

Anyone reading this, you just gotta take one for a spin.

Mike

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#47 Unread post by Johnj »

The cake is a lie.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#48 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Johnj wrote:The cake is a lie.

Johnj
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#49 Unread post by Johnj »

lol
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#50 Unread post by sunshine229 »

So Mike is so in love with this bike, he rides it EVERYWHERE. He went out with the guys tonight and took the bike, even though he was only going a handful of blocks and it's pretty close to 0°C / 32°F tonight. There is no stopping him!!! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun: