the build(s?) (mysta2)

storysunfolding
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#61 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I'm always amazed by this thread. You've taken bikes that most people wouldn't want, and you made them amazing, unique and desireable.

I want to do something similar to a bike. I have all the machining tools and capabilities, but lack a paint booth... Maybe one day.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

drhobbs
Rookie
Rookie

#62 Unread post by drhobbs »

very sharp

RJKIPPING
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#63 Unread post by RJKIPPING »

That is a very nice looking bike. I still cant belive you cut your tail off that duke though!

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#64 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

very nice. it takes balls to chop a bike into little pieces and then try to make it all go back together.

i love that Ducati BTW.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

gobot4
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

hey

#65 Unread post by gobot4 »

Hey I have 2 hondacb 360s and 1 honda cl360 I was wondering if I could get some info from you about some of the part you bought, I cant find suppliers for some stuff and I was wondering if maybe you could help?
umm is this thing on?

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#66 Unread post by camthepyro »

Very nice. You have a lot of talent.

Just curious, what do you do for a living (I'm guessing it has something to do with machining parts or something)? And how do you have access to paint booths, etc? (well, I guess maybe you're a painter, not a machinist.....)
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

Myself002
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#67 Unread post by Myself002 »

This has got to be one of the coolest threads I've ever seen. What you've done to those bikes is so awsome it's made me want to learn how to do it myself.

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#68 Unread post by mysta2 »

dammit... I'm frustrated with imageshack... and crappy quality castings. I got a new computer here at work (my only access to this here internet) and therefore lost my direct link into my imageshack account, which is the only way to get to it. So I went ahead and bought up a domain name and some space through Go Daddy... but I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about building a site, so that’s kind of what I've been wrestling with of late.

so welcome to my first foray into the so far very confusing world of FTP

This is that other thing that's been frustrating me:

ImageImage
crappy castings, note all the seam lines

A little grinding... a little too much grinding
ImageImage

A whole hell of a lot of sanding
ImageImage

some sandblasting and it looks almost like we're getting somewhere
ImageImage
...but the amount of work left is still emmence... and this is only one part

I apologize if you're being asked for a password to get each pic... like I said... I don't know what I'm doing.I just uploaded them directly to my ftp site that came with my server space... or I guess is my server space... or, whatever. If anyone knows how to fix this, please send me a pm (I don't want this thread to turn into a tech support line) *edit* I swapped each "ftp" out for "http" and I think it should work now... so I'll post some more.

RJKIPPING
If I was more passionate about that bike I wouldn't have stopped at the tail. I'd rather play with the old stuff though... it smells better :)

gobot4
happy to, send me a pm

camthepyro
This is where I work: www.ignition.com I'm a prototyper which is kind of a pseudo-fancy way to say model maker. So yes and yes, my degree's in Industrial Design.

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#69 Unread post by mysta2 »

Try as I did, I just couldn't keep my hands off of BigPink... I think I might be re-dubbing it "Squid"
ImageImage
is it just me or is this getting kind of repedative... I think I'll have to build a chopper next or something.

can anyone guess what's going on here? 8)

ImageImage
...it's going to be cool... I hope

drhobbs
Rookie
Rookie

#70 Unread post by drhobbs »

what's the latest???