Stories and Whatnot (mag7c)

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by cb360 »

I know what you mean. I played with my two bikes yesterday and my wifes rebel 250. My wife is done for the year and so is my cb360 so I started them up and let the engines run for a few minutes and put fuel stabilizer in the tanks and wiped a little lube on everything that was liable to rust and put the covers on them... probably 'til the spring. I'm up in Seattle so I don't get as much freezing as you do so I plan on riding my bike (which I think is the same model as yours... one year older) at least once a week. The cold isn't a problem for me. Rain isn't much fun though and the ice... no way!
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#12 Unread post by Sev »

I had a nasty run-in with ice once, and all I can say is never again. My bikes been put away for the season to. On the bright side it'll give me time to do some mods to it, a little repainting and with any luck clean up the back end.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#13 Unread post by Mag7C »

The snow finished melting a couple days back and the weather got freakishly warm. It's pouring rain as I type this though. 10 bucks says it freezes overnight... crazy Oregon weather. The bike started right up. I've been letting it run in the garage at least once a week for the past month. It must've wanted to get out as much as I did! Couldn't flip throught the curves like we wanted (that bloody red cinder gravel is everywhere now), but it still made me feel great. Yes, life is good once again.

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#14 Unread post by Mag7C »

Oh man I love my bike. If it was a woman i'd marry it.

Mag7C
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#15 Unread post by Mag7C »

Trucker saved me. I was flying along 100 or so mph on a straightaway, nobody around, then way up ahead this truck rounded a corner and flipped his lights on. As the distance closed he flashed his lights a couple times. I had a hunch what it was about, so I rapidly decellerated to about 55, waved a thanks to the guy, and sure enough as he passed there was a cop car hugging his tail.
It just made my day. In times when people seem so damn selfish on the roads, this truck driver saves me a massive fine with two little flicks of the fingers.