VermilionX's Super Uber Fantastic Xtraordinary BLOG!

VermilionX
Super Legendary 5000
Super Legendary 5000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '06 Suzuki GSX-R 750

#21 Unread post by VermilionX »

here's the pics of my mistake.

i have the missing piece of this one.
Bikes Owned:
Gixxer 1000 K6 (stolen)
Gixxer 750 K6

Bikes Wanted:
VMAX
a super kewl cafe racer

BuzZz
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 47
My Motorcycle: makes my 'nads tingle

#22 Unread post by BuzZz »

O.K., who had Mar.25 in 'VX's crash' pool?

I think it was me. I tryed to pick every weekend I could. :laughing:

But really, glad your not hurt Verm. :wink:
No Witnesses.... :shifty:

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#23 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

Sounds like it wasnt a good weekend for either of us :(

I didn't exactly crash or lay it down... but I did go offroad. :oops:
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#24 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Ouchie for the bike, glad it isnt ouchie for the rider as well... Heres too a good body shop and low prices *chuckles* glad your all right.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Howling Donkey
Rookie
Rookie

#25 Unread post by Howling Donkey »

bah fairings. Who needs em. Take them off and call it a street fighter.

Glad you're ok
To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

SilveradoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

#26 Unread post by SilveradoGirl »

I agree...forget the fairings, take 'em off....make your bike truly "an original".....after a year or so, when you feel much more confident about your skills....then get new ones.

Spending money now on cosmetics is going to be money out the door as your prolly going to scratch it again....if it's ridable, and you like the fairing look too much to take them off, then let them be battle wounds to remind you every time your out there.

Besides, we don't want you spending money on paint, we want you spending money on red scarfs!! :wink: :lol: :laughing:

Glad your okay Verm, and glad you have a positive attitude about the whole event....like you said.....if it didn't kill you, it can only make you stronger...and smarter too :)
SilveradoGirl--

**Your ride doesn't matter.... the fact that you DO ride is what's important!**

CNF2002
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#27 Unread post by CNF2002 »

1. not seeing the loose gravel ahead and entering the turn too late.
2. panic when i slide
3. lack of experience in pushing my bike to lean very low
4. target fixating after i slid.
Im not an experienced biker by far...but I dont think if you hit gravel any amount of experience at leaning will help you. On gravel you want to be as upright as possible to slowly bring yourself to a stop. Any leaning and you'll wreck. Once you slide, I dont think target fixation matters anymore. You're pretty much going to go where gravity wants you to. Maybe someone more experienced can give you better feedback.

Do you think speed was at all a factor?

I dont think you should fix those farings at all. Dont remove them either, they'll protect the insides from when you drop it again. I remember you telling us that you were going to start doing track training and learning how to lean over till your knee touches the ground. Pulling stunts is tricky for a pro, for a beginner its an instant recipe for a crash. But now you have 'track faring'! Fear no slides as you crash on the track (and it will happen, but fortunately its common and far better to crash while training in a lot than on the street).

If you pay for the repairs now, you'll just be paying for them again later. If you want to cover up the scratches, get yourself a $2 can of spraypaint.

PS: Are you going through insurance? I hope they dont hike you too bad :cry:
2002 Buell Blast 500 /¦\
[url=http://www.putfile.com][img]http://x10.putfile.com/3/8221543225.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=11790]Confessions of a Commuter[/url]

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#28 Unread post by scan »

I saw a guy do what you are talking about. He ran wide and couldn't push in enough and then hit the shoulder gravel. He straightened up right away, rode off the edge of the rode into a ditch and trashed his bike big time. Regardless of how slow you were going, it wasn't slow enough for that corner or you wouldn't have gone wide. Slow down more. A decreasing corner should not take you by surprise if you are riding within you ablity to control.

I know from dealing with you so far, you won't agree, but arguing won't hide the facts that you described. You go wide because you weren't ready to bring the turn in - you over-rode you ability. All time classic accident of those of us early in the learning curve. You have your whole life get better at this - start REALLY taking your time.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#29 Unread post by JCS »

In other words, speed was an issue. You were going too fast for the road conditions and your ability.
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

skoebl
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#30 Unread post by skoebl »

scanevalexec wrote:I saw a guy do what you are talking about. He ran wide and couldn't push in enough and then hit the shoulder gravel. He straightened up right away, rode off the edge of the rode into a ditch and trashed his bike big time. Regardless of how slow you were going, it wasn't slow enough for that corner or you wouldn't have gone wide. Slow down more. A decreasing corner should not take you by surprise if you are riding within you ablity to control.

I know from dealing with you so far, you won't agree, but arguing won't hide the facts that you described. You go wide because you weren't ready to bring the turn in - you over-rode you ability. All time classic accident of those of us early in the learning curve. You have your whole life get better at this - start REALLY taking your time.
I agree with you 100%

Just was the first time I experienced full throttle on my bike. I took the necessary precautions. I was on an empty road, void of hazards and whatnot. I don't intend on making it a habit; I mainly just had to see what it was like so I can slooooooowly work my way into using more and more of my bike's potential.
SV650 K6 <---Suuper Awsome bike

[quote="V4underme"]
If I didn't feel like a monkey &*$%ing a football when I sat on a sporty, I'd probably own one.[/quote]