North Carolina

cherokeepati
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

#41 Unread post by cherokeepati »

Hi dean owens!
When I joined a local chapter of Southern Cruisers I met people from all over the State, including people from the Volusia Riders Forums. It was really nice to see the folks I had been posting with over the past year. Check out Southern Cruisers because they don't care what type of bike you ride, and they are a great group of folks that ride on a regular basis and keep up with local charity rides, etc. Good Luck! :D
Tactically aware and dangerously underestimated!

BesottedTom
Rookie
Rookie

Tough Decision

#42 Unread post by BesottedTom »

Hi all.
I am torn between 2 really nice bikes:
Buell's XB9SX (Kick Ash Translucid) and Triumph's Thruxton (Jet Black).

This would be my first bike. I have ridden a few back in the day but have never owned one of my own. Being in my late thirties I do belive it is time. I am leaning towards the Thruxton due to it being a few hundred $s less, but I am still very torn :frusty: . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***update***
Never mind. I have decided to go with the Triumph. I like the whole "rockers" thing anyways 8) and there seems to be a strong or growing cafe bike scene in NC.

erbgottie
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 honda RVT1000R

#43 Unread post by erbgottie »

whats up, I live north of Salisbury, west of Lexington, east of Statesville, and south of Winston-Salem.................aka Mocksville, North Cackalacky, ride hard!
2006 Suzuki SV650S
2003 Honda RC51

BesottedTom
Rookie
Rookie

#44 Unread post by BesottedTom »

anybody in the rockfish, raeford, hope mills, fayetteville area?

PepNYC
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#45 Unread post by PepNYC »

Hello everyone. New member here from the Charlotte/Harrisburg area. I'm 38 and been riding for about 2 years now. How did I miss out on this for so long. Geez. I love it. If it wasn't for my 3 and 5 year old, my wife would never see me. :D She's not big on riding. She still thinks it's "unsafe". One day I'll get her on the back and I'm hoping she'll get "the bug". We'll see.

Any body ever want to ride, just let me know. Looking forward to meeting a few riding partners.

Happy New Year everyone!
"Apathy is Lethal"

Kuhnfyoozed
Veteran
Veteran

#46 Unread post by Kuhnfyoozed »

I'm in Cary, looking forward to buying my first bike this year. I can't wait to get out of my cage and onto two wheels. :mrgreen:

toolbox
Veteran
Veteran

#47 Unread post by toolbox »

got a friend of mine just moved to marion. this spring when i go to visit him maybe we can get together and ride. :mrgreen:
living the life and loving it!!!!!

spencerb
Rookie
Rookie

#48 Unread post by spencerb »

Whats good fellas. New to the forum and from Lincolnton, NC. Currently attending UNCC but its summer break so heck yea! I just bought a 07 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom and loving it. let the mods continue to roll...
Spencer B

slimdiggie
Regular
Regular

#49 Unread post by slimdiggie »

Hey everyone. My wife and I are about to get into motorcycle riding. We are both taking the class a CPCC in Charlotte in June. We both got new bikes myself I got a kymco venox and my wife got a Hysoung 250 Aprilia. Are there any good motorcycle clubs to join around the Charlotte area? We live right out side of charlotte in Rock Hill, SC.

later.
[img]http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/599/venoxsignaturevu0.jpg[/img]

dean owens
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: '06 Yamaha Fz6

hey triangle riders

#50 Unread post by dean owens »

hey guys,

thought i'd pass along a site for the triangle people. because it's dedicated to the triangle it's hard to get traffic going. i have thought about not even getting involved in it. recently i've decided to do my part to give it a go and try to get some traffic on there. i thought maybe some of you who are in and around the raleigh area might want to check it out. the more we can pull our info together the better it is for all of us.

alright. enough about all of that. here's the link.
Current: 2006 Yamaha FZ6 (Faster Blue)

Previous: 1983 Honda GL650 Interstate (given back to previous owner)

Project: 1980 CX500 Custom - making a cafe racer