Edmonton Bike Events

BubbaGump
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

Edmonton Bike Events

#1 Unread post by BubbaGump »

Anyone know of any upcoming or regular bike events worth going to in or around Edmonton? I haven't come across too many, so I was wondering what's out there.
Those of you who think you're cool annoy those of us who really are! 8)

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#2 Unread post by KarateChick »

:spaz: Ok Bubba G - I HAVE TO tell you this & can't hold it in anymore.... don't take this the wrong way but... every time I see a post from you, I think you're a She (you ARE a He right?) cause of the pic of that guy.... AHHHH! Sorry - I just had to say that. Reminds me of some girls putting up eye candy posters or what not .... Sorry, I'll :shutup: now.

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by Sev »

I'm always willing to go for a spin, feel free to drop me a line. Work tends to get in the way, but I'm planning on riding all day Thursday.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

RTR
Legendary
Legendary

#4 Unread post by RTR »

I am hopeful to be going on a 5 week riding trip starting in the last week of August. If this plan comes together I might be passing through Edmonton during the second week of September. I will have a two or three day stop there. As I have some family to visit. Maybe could meet up for some coffee and a ride. I will post closer to the time of my intentions.

Continued safe riding,

Ray
www.redfridays.ca

BubbaGump
Legendary
Legendary

#5 Unread post by BubbaGump »

KarateChick wrote::spaz: Ok Bubba G - I HAVE TO tell you this & can't hold it in anymore.... don't take this the wrong way but... every time I see a post from you, I think you're a She (you ARE a He right?) cause of the pic of that guy.... AHHHH! Sorry - I just had to say that. Reminds me of some girls putting up eye candy posters or what not .... Sorry, I'll :shutup: now.
That's Erik Estrada from a popular 70's TV Motorcycle Cop show called CHIP's. And yes...I am a boy. :wink:

BubbaGump
Legendary
Legendary

#6 Unread post by BubbaGump »

Sevulturus wrote:I'm always willing to go for a spin, feel free to drop me a line. Work tends to get in the way, but I'm planning on riding all day Thursday.
I'll be sure to give ya a shout Sev - I'm ordering my bike this week from Vancouver, so it should be here by the end of the week if all goes well. :mrgreen:

Yellow if you're comin thru be sure to post the dates! :gathering:

KarateChick
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#7 Unread post by KarateChick »

BubbaGump wrote:
KarateChick wrote::spaz: Ok Bubba G - I HAVE TO tell you this & can't hold it in anymore.... don't take this the wrong way but... every time I see a post from you, I think you're a She (you ARE a He right?) cause of the pic of that guy.... AHHHH! Sorry - I just had to say that. Reminds me of some girls putting up eye candy posters or what not .... Sorry, I'll :shutup: now.
That's Erik Estrada from a popular 70's TV Motorcycle Cop show called CHIP's. And yes...I am a boy. :wink:
Hahaha - sorry BG - just HAD to bug you. Must've been getting late and was too spazzz-tic to go to sleep. Guess you think he (Erik E) is a pretty chillin' kinda guy. Hey - hope your bike gets here, all good and you get on the road soon. It'd be cool to meet new peeps to ride with. (My work hours are more predictable than Sev's... :wink: )
YellowWing wrote:I am hopeful to be going on a 5 week riding trip starting in the last week of August. If this plan comes together I might be passing through Edmonton during the second week of September. I will have a two or three day stop there. As I have some family to visit. Maybe could meet up for some coffee and a ride. I will post closer to the time of my intentions.
That be great! Keep us posted!

BubbaGump
Legendary
Legendary

#8 Unread post by BubbaGump »

OK - I did manage to find a list of some events. If you know of anymore, please feel free to post em.

UPCOMING EVENTS OF INTEREST

June 1 - 6pm - Bike Nite at Cook County Saloon - Edmonton, AB

June 9-11/06 - AB Ride for Sight - Olds, AB

June 17&18/06 - CMDRA Races - Edmonton, AB

June 24/06 - Ride for the Breath of Life - Edmonton, AB

July 1/06 - FSMA Cancer Ride - Fort Saskatchewan, AB

July 8/06 - Rocky's Ride for Diabetes - Edmonton, AB

Aug. 12&13 - CMDRA Races - Edmonton, AB

Sept. 2-4 - Cdn. Championship of Custom Bike Building - Grande Prairie,AB

Oct. 28/06 - Edmonton Swap Meet - Edmonton, AB

Sev
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#9 Unread post by Sev »

I'm not sure how old you are, but there is also a Retreads chapter in Edmonton. It's a "motorcycle gang," for people over 40. They meet every 1st and 3rd Sunday at the Yellowhead Inn on... The Yellowhead. Around 170th street I believe.

My Aunt and Uncle are both members. I've got no real idea how you go about joining (I'm to young). But there has to be an easy way.
Of course I'm generalizing from a single example here, but everyone does that. At least I do.

[url=http://sirac-sev.blogspot.com/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/Sevulturus/sig.jpg[/img][/url]

BubbaGump
Legendary
Legendary

#10 Unread post by BubbaGump »

Sevulturus wrote: It's a "motorcycle gang," for people over 40.
Ow ow...not close to 40 yet bud. :|

:laughing: