Best Insurance quotes for Canada/Ontrario

buddhacide
Elite
Elite

Best Insurance quotes for Canada/Ontrario

#1 Unread post by buddhacide »

Who do you guys use for insurance?

Also, do insurance companies in Canada take into consideration the seasonal nature of Canadian riding. Can I get a plan of coverage from say June- October?

TIA
Current: 2008 Vulcan 900 custom
Previous: 1999 V-star 650 custom

buddhacide
Elite
Elite

#2 Unread post by buddhacide »

Nobody?

RTR
Legendary
Legendary
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by RTR »

Although our primary riding season in Ontario is from May until say October. It could start earlier and finish later depending on personal choices.

Insurance is issued on a per annum basis. With the majority of your premiums being used up during the summer months.

Most companies mandate payment upfront. Some will prorate over a few month period. Only State Farm that I know of allows monthly payments.

Example of my policy. Kingsway General. Short Rate Cancellation table is as follows:
1-30 days 15 %
31-60 days 32 %
61-90 days 49%
91-120 days 66%
121-150 days 83%
151 days and over 100%

Hope this helps.
www.redfridays.ca

buddhacide
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by buddhacide »

Thanks. I tried to get allstate but they will only insure people that have other insurance with them. I went with Riders Plus. It was the ceapest quote I could find ($1290), payable over 6 months (threw it on the old credit card. I think there is a similar short rate table to that one.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#5 Unread post by NorthernPete »

I picked up a brocure when I was in Ottawa for a company called Riders Plus, Im gonna check them out for a quote, anyone else want to,

www.ridersplus.com

I'll lket you know how it goes...

Im currently paying 1100 a year PLPD for my bike (I know, ouch, but I have my M2 only with no MSF course)
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

RTR
Legendary
Legendary

#6 Unread post by RTR »

NorthernPete wrote:I picked up a brocure when I was in Ottawa for a company called Riders Plus, Im gonna check them out for a quote, anyone else want to,

www.ridersplus.com

Im currently paying 1100 a year PLPD for my bike (I know, ouch, but I have my M2 only with no MSF course)
From your signature, are you not a member of Southern Cruisers? I thought I had heard that they have some kind of corportate discount with Kingsway General. Worth a shot.

Also a $400 investment of the CSC (Canada Safety Council) "Gearing Up" course at your local college could provide you huge savings down the road.
www.redfridays.ca

NorthernPete

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

YellowWing wrote:
NorthernPete wrote:I picked up a brocure when I was in Ottawa for a company called Riders Plus, Im gonna check them out for a quote, anyone else want to,

www.ridersplus.com

From your signature, are you not a member of Southern Cruisers? I thought I had heard that they have some kind of corportate discount with Kingsway General. Worth a shot.

Also a $400 investment of the CSC (Canada Safety Council) "Gearing Up" course at your local college could provide you huge savings down the road.
Thats IS with my SC discount *chuckles* Im getting hosed....
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

RTR
Legendary
Legendary

#8 Unread post by RTR »

OUCH! That is bad.

How is your record? If it is clean. Try calling Dalton Timmis Brokerage, http://www.daltontimmis.com/ Ask for Josh Pauls. He tried to help me earlier this year. Unfortunately, I had a couple of tickets.

Good luck.
www.redfridays.ca

NorthernPete

#9 Unread post by NorthernPete »

well, I called up RiderPlus...and they wont insure me because I didnt take the MSF course....oh well... Life will go on.

clean driving record means nothin to them I guess.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

ArcticHarleyMan
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by ArcticHarleyMan »

What I find really wild about m/c insurance is the fact that we can't ride all year round, yet have to pay for full year coverage. Now, snow machines can be insured for partial years, as can cages and RV's. Wazzupwidat?? :shock: