NORTHWEST OF USA

fphilippe
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

NORTHWEST OF USA

#1 Unread post by fphilippe »

Hello,

i'm french and i come to san francisco in may,19 for 1 month.
i rent a motobike to ride from SF to seattle by highway 1 . after i ride along the canadian border by road 20 accross washington state, idaho and montana to GLACIER NP . and to finish, accross montana, yellowstone np and grand teton np to Salt lake city . (return to france)
do you know any things to see , to make ...... very nice and goods bars , foods ....
what is it the current weather in this states during may for west cascades mountains and during june for east .
i hope the sun !
and excuse me for my lenguage !
thank you to help me
bye
philippe du lot
PHILIPPE DU LOT

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

#2 Unread post by Locopez »

for weather information. go to www.weather.com and log in the city you want to see...it will give you up to a 10 day look ahead.....

Sounds like fun....make sure you bring a "DOT" approved helmet...most of the states you will be traveling in will require it.
07 Suzuki DR650SE & 03 HD FLHT Elctra Glide

Rubber side down....shinny side up!

fphilippe
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by fphilippe »

hello,

thank you . i think : many rain on northwest and cold weather . that isn't the biker's paradise !

bye
philippe du lot with moto guzzi california
PHILIPPE DU LOT

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#4 Unread post by flynrider »

Dress warmly. If you'll be riding around Glacier, Grand Teton and Yellowstone parks from mid-May to mid-June you are likely to encounter some cold weather. Snow is not unusual that time of year in the high mountains and the weather can change rapidly.

I was in Yellowstone a few yrs. ago in late May, and it was an unusually warm 88F (31C). Four days later there was 4 inches (10CM) of snow on the ground.
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

fphilippe
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by fphilippe »

flynrider wrote:Dress warmly. If you'll be riding around Glacier, Grand Teton and Yellowstone parks from mid-May to mid-June you are likely to encounter some cold weather. Snow is not unusual that time of year in the high mountains and the weather can change rapidly.

I was in Yellowstone a few yrs. ago in late May, and it was an unusually warm 88F (31C). Four days later there was 4 inches (10CM) of snow on the ground.
hello,

what are the most beautiful roads by motobike in this areas, please ?
and do you know any things to see or to make absotuly ?
thank you for your help ,
bye
philippe

ps : i'll take warm dress and rain dress . but don't say this at my wife !
PHILIPPE DU LOT

KingRobb
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 25
My Motorcycle: 2004 HD Road King

#6 Unread post by KingRobb »

All the roads aree beautiful crossing the mountains up that way...

Problem is it will be ridiclously cold in the most scenic areas.

Took a vacation to a lake lodge near Spokane a few years back in June....the Lake was Ice water...and the mornings felt the same.

Will be a beautiful ride no matter where you wander up there tho.
Dyin'? Boy, he can have this little life any time he wants to. Do ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, ol' timer. Let me know you're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it.

-Cool Hand Luke

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#7 Unread post by blues2cruise »

The Pacific Coast Highway 101 is beautiful. It joins #1 at Legget. If you stop in Eureka....find the old town.....

In Oregon stop in Florence or The Dunes....The sand dunes are worth a quick drive into the area. Park your bikes for a few minutes and walk up onto the dunes.
The Yachats lighthouse is on the way. Stop in and visit. It's not expensive and there is an interpretive centre there as well.

If you are into Aviation and cheese there is an Aviation museum and a cheese factory in Tillamook....it doesn't smell nice there. Lincoln City is a much better choice. Cannon Beach is lovely, but more pricey.

Cross from Oregon into Washington at Astoria and you will ride over the 2 mile long bridge. Carry on 101 until you see a sign for Hwy 8.......to Olympia. It's a pretty town and the state capitol. You are getting close to Seattle now.

At Olympia you can travel 101 again and go to Port Townsend. A restaurant that was recommended to me in Port Townsend is "Sweet Laurette & Cyndee's Cafe. 1029 Lawrence Street www.sweetlaurette.com ......Or you could make yourself crazy and use I-5 to Seattle. :shock: :loosingit:

When you get to Hwy 20...stop in Winthrop. It is a restored Western town. You might enjoy seeing the old buildings from the wild west. There are restaurants there. And a gas station.

When you are riding hwy 20...watch for wildlife. It is common to see deer.

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#8 Unread post by flynrider »

One of my favorite motorcycle roads is US highway 12 from Missoula, MT to Lewiston, ID. The route follows the Lolo and Clearwater rivers through steep canyons, across mostly uninhabited Central Idaho. Here's a pic of the central portion that I took while flying over it last summer.

Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#9 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Wow!

fphilippe
Rookie
Rookie

#10 Unread post by fphilippe »

flynrider wrote:One of my favorite motorcycle roads is US highway 12 from Missoula, MT to Lewiston, ID. The route follows the Lolo and Clearwater rivers through steep canyons, across mostly uninhabited Central Idaho. Here's a pic of the central portion that I took while flying over it last summer.

hello,

thank you for yours ideas of road and ....
i'm very optimist and after the may, 18 ; the weather on the pacific coast will be very sunny ! and more 18°C every day !
bye,
philippe
PHILIPPE DU LOT