faded sun
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: Classic Hondas

#21 Unread post by faded sun »

my 1984 VT 750 Shadow the day I got it, 5 and a half years ago.
Attachments
Shadow 2.JPG
Shadow 2.JPG (118.14 KiB) Viewed 12168 times
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#22 Unread post by HYPERR »

faded sun wrote:my 1984 VT 750 Shadow the day I got it, 5 and a half years ago.
I love the japanese. cruisers from the 1980s. They are very unique looking and look nothing like the cookie cutter cruisers of today. All Japanese bike designs from the 70s and the 80s have aged remarkably well. They have all taken on that great classic bike look.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#23 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I am gonna pick up my newest aquasition next week a 1972 Honda sl350 I am very excited about this!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#24 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I absolutely love the look (and quality) of the classic Honda's. CB's and Nighthawks are always one of the 80's bikes I always type into kijiji or Craigslist or even on eBay...

One of my classic dream bikes would be either a CB1100F or even a CB900F. Those 1100's are quite rare today.

Look, my evil twin on MY bike!
NOT-ME-CB1100F_83_right_nsc_lowres.jpg
NOT-ME-CB1100F_83_right_nsc_lowres.jpg (114.31 KiB) Viewed 11892 times
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite

Re:

#25 Unread post by faded sun »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:Another Classic Honda - the 1984 Nighthawk 750 SC:
In what was supposed to be the final incarnation of air-cooled in line-4 750cc bikes (700 in the U.S.A.), the S.C. was a modern hot-rod when it was introduced. Following the same engine arcitechture as the '83 550 and 650 Nighthawks this thing was a lot of fun in the day. While there was already the 750 Interceptor for the sportbike guys this was more of a sport-standard. The later Nighthawk 750 introduced in '91 changed the whole concept to more of an economy bike, loosing the shaft drive and picking up low cost components. It would be interesting to see if a modern version of the S.C. (with 17" wheels and a beefed up frame) would sell. Don't cheap out on the components, keep it air cooled with shaft drive....
It's amazing how nice and comtemporary the '84 Nighthawk still looks today. This incarnation of the Nighthawk was a great bike. Too bad Honda only made it for a couple of years.
I owned one of these in red and it was one of the best bikes I ever had. Would jump on one today no question. Loads of power and lovely and smooth with that shaft drive.
Jock

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Re:

#26 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:Another Classic Honda - the 1984 Nighthawk 750 SC:
In what was supposed to be the final incarnation of air-cooled in line-4 750cc bikes (700 in the U.S.A.), the S.C. was a modern hot-rod when it was introduced. Following the same engine arcitechture as the '83 550 and 650 Nighthawks this thing was a lot of fun in the day. While there was already the 750 Interceptor for the sportbike guys this was more of a sport-standard. The later Nighthawk 750 introduced in '91 changed the whole concept to more of an economy bike, loosing the shaft drive and picking up low cost components. It would be interesting to see if a modern version of the S.C. (with 17" wheels and a beefed up frame) would sell. Don't cheap out on the components, keep it air cooled with shaft drive....
It's amazing how nice and comtemporary the '84 Nighthawk still looks today. This incarnation of the Nighthawk was a great bike. Too bad Honda only made it for a couple of years.
I owned one of these in red and it was one of the best bikes I ever had. Would jump on one today no question. Loads of power and lovely and smooth with that shaft drive.

"one of the best bikes I ever had"

This is why I say to others you have to get the bike that stirs your heart stings.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite

#27 Unread post by faded sun »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I absolutely love the look (and quality) of the classic Honda's. CB's and Nighthawks are always one of the 80's bikes I always type into kijiji or Craigslist or even on eBay...

One of my classic dream bikes would be either a CB1100F or even a CB900F. Those 1100's are quite rare today.

Look, my evil twin on MY bike!
NOT-ME-CB1100F_83_right_nsc_lowres.jpg
Mike

Not exactly ATTGAT, Mike.....
Jock

zipplayful
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2015/Chopper/Tania

#28 Unread post by zipplayful »

Nice to see this classic Honda....I also had one in RED color and used to ride on that....my most loved job....:)