HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: new retro bikes

#21 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
pyronano wrote: I was looking at one whats up?
Budget for the termi kit (cans, air filter and ECU if you want it to run correctly), budget for suspension to replace the utter dodo that the bike comes with. If you can get past this, plus never feel the need to see the battery, it will serve you well.

Not that I'm bitter.....

Actually, if the bike had been better I wouldn't have moved on to own the KTM Superduke I have now - and that would have been the real tragedy :mrgreen:
Don't forget the swelling tanks.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#22 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:
Budget for the termi kit (cans, air filter and ECU if you want it to run correctly), budget for suspension to replace the utter dodo that the bike comes with. If you can get past this, plus never feel the need to see the battery, it will serve you well.

Not that I'm bitter.....

Actually, if the bike had been better I wouldn't have moved on to own the KTM Superduke I have now - and that would have been the real tragedy :mrgreen:
Still have one in the garage...

pyronano
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: monsrer 695

#23 Unread post by pyronano »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:

Not that I'm bitter.....

Still have one in the garage...
Man i thoght those where soo cool. Its 2 bad 2 here they are kind of lame

tomasland
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer

#24 Unread post by tomasland »

WOW WOW vintage motorcycles are my weakness
Take it easy :D

motorlovers
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: Honda

#25 Unread post by motorlovers »

Currently, the Guzzi V7, Triumph Thruxton, and Bonnie (presumably referring to the Triumph Bonneville) are indeed popular choices in the classic and retro motorcycle segment. All three bikes offer their unique blend of style, performance, and heritage.

As for the possibility of Honda bringing back a new version of an old bike, it's challenging to predict the future plans of motorcycle manufacturers. However, Honda has a rich history and a strong lineup of classic motorcycles, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Honda has been known to introduce modern interpretations of their classic models, such as the Honda CB1100 and the recent Honda Monkey, which pay homage to their iconic predecessors. These bikes capture the essence of the originals while incorporating modern technology and performance.

While there's no concrete information about Honda reviving a particular model at the moment, it's always worth keeping an eye on motorcycle news and updates from Honda. Manufacturers often surprise us with new releases and updates, so who knows what the future holds!

In the meantime, the Guzzi V7, Triumph Thruxton, and Bonnie are all fantastic choices, each with its own character and charm. Take the time to test ride them, explore their features, and see which one resonates with your riding style and preferences.

Happy riding and here's hoping for exciting new releases in the classic bike segment, whatever they may be!

Ride on!