Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to re

#251 Unread post by Johnj »

All Things Considered...isn't that on NPR.

:lol:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#252 Unread post by montanalifter »

Rumors of a 500cc Harley coming out. That would be a good one to be up on the wall, time will tell.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#253 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

montanalifter wrote:Rumors of a 500cc Harley coming out. That would be a good one to be up on the wall, time will tell.
I have both heard that and seen a spy shot of what might be it, but so far, H-D is keeping it's lips sealed. What I saw in the spy shot looked more like a Yamaha Bolt than a Harley-Davidson though, so it (unfortunately) might come to be nothing more than a rumor.

But please Mr. H-D, bring out a 500cc bike again, we know today you could do batter than the Buell Blast!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#254 Unread post by BobK »

How about one of the two small KTM singles, the 200 or 390 Duke? I just learned about them and they look interesting. I used to be interested in Royal Enfield Bullet 500s, but found that they weren't very well suited to modern highway speeds. The 390 Duke, with 44hp, looks like it might be more versatile (even if it is a bit spacey-looking).

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#255 Unread post by High_Side »

BobK wrote:How about one of the two small KTM singles, the 200 or 390 Duke? I just learned about them and they look interesting. I used to be interested in Royal Enfield Bullet 500s, but found that they weren't very well suited to modern highway speeds. The 390 Duke, with 44hp, looks like it might be more versatile (even if it is a bit spacey-looking).
+1 on the 390. I haven't heard of pricing yet though which will affect things a lot....

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#256 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As soon as the new smaller 2014 KTM's are out in the USA and/or Canada I'll have them up on the Cool Wall. :D

Great choice.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#257 Unread post by montanalifter »

How about the new ktm superduke 1290r!, 180hp :mrgreen:

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#258 Unread post by BobK »

I think Avinton motorcycles look pretty cool:

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#259 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

With HERO poised to start selling their bikes here in America through their partnership with EBR, how about one of their machines on the Cool Wall? They're awfully small things, largest they make is a 220cc I think, but the brand is well respected in India and the styling doesn't look far off. Could be something there...

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#260 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:With HERO poised to start selling their bikes here in America through their partnership with EBR, how about one of their machines on the Cool Wall? They're awfully small things, largest they make is a 220cc I think, but the brand is well respected in India and the styling doesn't look far off. Could be something there...
As soon as EBR starts offering them I can put them up under my EBR media/press contract. :D

A little nervous about what the HERO is really going to bring to EBR (other than more revenue), hopefully HERO's "cheap bikes" doesn't bring down the EBR name.

Mike