Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to review

#291 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
So bikes on the Cool Wall are a little limited to the past 45 years for basic information and best from the past 15 years (2000+) as most will have owned that motorcycle and/or rode/seen one.

Mike
I think it would definitely be interesting to throw in a non current bikes like that into the cool wall mix on occasion. :kicking:
I'm up for it, feel free to suggest any of them from the guides. I think I featured a few 2000 and 2003's this year... (off the top of my head). Lots of great non-currents out there still on the roads.

:revv:

Mike
How about the 2003 Ducati 999, with its unpopular and controversial Terblanche styling which deviated so much from the beloved 916-998 styling, it almost killed Ducati?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#292 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
So bikes on the Cool Wall are a little limited to the past 45 years for basic information and best from the past 15 years (2000+) as most will have owned that motorcycle and/or rode/seen one.

Mike
I think it would definitely be interesting to throw in a non current bikes like that into the cool wall mix on occasion. :kicking:
I'm up for it, feel free to suggest any of them from the guides. I think I featured a few 2000 and 2003's this year... (off the top of my head). Lots of great non-currents out there still on the roads.

:revv:

Mike
How about the 2003 Ducati 999, with its unpopular and controversial Terblanche styling which deviated so much from the beloved 916-998 styling, it almost killed Ducati?
You got it! Although I don't really have a photo of it till 2005 version (same version) as I didn't get my Ducati media license in place still 2003 and for whatever reason, I don't have many 2004 Ducati photos... lol. So 2005 it will have to be. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#293 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
You got it! Although I don't really have a photo of it till 2005 version (same version) as I didn't get my Ducati media license in place still 2003 and for whatever reason, I don't have many 2004 Ducati photos... lol. So 2005 it will have to be. :D

Mike
:kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#294 Unread post by faded sun »

Hey Mike, how about starting off the year with the Bimota BB3? Heard about the turnaround at the company and like the looks of it.

Happy New Year!
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#295 Unread post by Hanson »

Check out the new 2015 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 800. Is this Agusta's first attempt to move into the touring / adventure market?

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#296 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:Hey Mike, how about starting off the year with the Bimota BB3? Heard about the turnaround at the company and like the looks of it.

Happy New Year!
Sounds nice, I'll have to take a look into the BB3... but I'm not sure what is happening with Bimota. They have really pulled out of North America and are available only in Italy now. And their Italian website still says: "A new website is coming soon" for over a year now.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#297 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:Check out the new 2015 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 800. Is this Agusta's first attempt to move into the touring / adventure market?

Safe Travels,
Richard
I was just going to do a MV Agusta this week too (2015 MV Agusta F3 800 AGO) but as you are suggesting the 2015 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 800 let's put that one up. :)

Just note that it's a European model only though, not available in North America.

Mike

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#298 Unread post by dr_bar »

You probably know this isn't really the style of bike I'm interested in, but I saw it at the bike show and was quite impressed...

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FJ09.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#299 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:You probably know this isn't really the style of bike I'm interested in, but I saw it at the bike show and was quite impressed...

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... a-FJ09.htm
You asked, and you shall get! :)

This week, the FJ09!

Mike

ibanrfknm
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 50
My Motorcycle: FXDBI

#300 Unread post by ibanrfknm »

How about the Ducati Scrambler