2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 - VOTED: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 is..

You may select 1 option

73%
24%
3%
No votes

Total votes: 71

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 - VOTED: AWESOME

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2011 Triumph Bonneville T100

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... leT100.htm

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... leT100.htm

T100. Classic Sixties styling.

Bang up to date engineering. Retro meets modern. Double-barrelled, fuel-injected responsiveness from the 865cc parallel twin. Smooth pulling, double-barrelled fun. A mellow backbeat from the twin peashooter exhausts. Chrome engine covers. Black instrument surround with tacho. Triumph logo on the seat. Two-tone paint. Spoked wheels. Fork gaiters. You got the look. Motorcycling the way it's meant to be. Ride it with a smile.

Timeless 60's styling. 21st century engineering. 100% Bonneville.
The classic Triumph. Parallel-twin, spoked wheels and lashings of quality chrome. The T100 is our modern interpretation of the classic Bonnevilles that ruled the roost back in the 1960s.

Twin pea-shooter exhausts, two-tone paint, and that Triumph embossed seat say ‘classic British motorcycle.’ While the T100 may look like it's come straight out of ‘the day,’ the technology and ride experience most definitely do not.

The 865cc engine, an air-cooled parallel twin of course, is fitted with up to date fuel injection for clean and efficient riding. Plus, the suspension and brakes are bang up to date too, You won’t have to sacrifice today’s technology to satisfy your taste for classic, vintage design. Riding the way it was in the 'hay day'. Performance the way it is today.

Triumph Bonneville T100

Triumph's Bonneville ruled the roads during the 1960s and no modern motorcycle replicates so closely the style and experience of those golden years than the modern day Bonneville T100.

With its traditional wire wheels and coachlined two-tone paintwork, the Bonneville T100 looks like
it could have been built in 1969. But look closer and you will see a modern machine dripping with
authentic touches only Triumph can deliver.

Outwardly that 865cc parallel-twin may resemble the classic 650cc pushrod motors of ethe dayf,
but the Bonneville T100fs double overhead camshaft engine is bang up to date with modern fuel
injection for clean running and modern levels of performance and reliability.

Neat retro touches like the ecarburettorsf that hide the fuel injectors, dummy pushrod tubes and
positioning of the ignition key pay respect to Bonneville legend, but while bypassers will admire
the Bonneville T100, itfs the riding experience that really delivers. Only the modern disc brakes give
the game away.

Turn the key, down at the left hand side of the headlight just like the first Bonnevilles, and enjoy
the mellow soundtrack of that traditional British parallel-twin. Twist the throttle and that 68PS engine
delivers real world performance, with the 41mm front forks and traditional chromed rear shocks
providing poised handling and a comfortable ride.

While the standard Bonneville and Bonneville SE already deliver an authentic roadster experience, the
T100 takes things a stage further with real 1960s detailing. Peashooter silencers, classic two-tone colour options and spoked steel wheels (with a larger 19h front) give the T100 more presence and the sort of kudos only a eBrit twinf can deliver.

The two-tone colour options complement the traditional Bonneville styling and have the added touch
of gold or silver coachlines, painted by hand just as they always have been. Three regular options
are available: Phantom Black with Fusion White, Forest Green with New England White and the new

Vintage Cream and Chocolate. The popular single colour Jet Black option is also available and comes
with matching black-finished engine cases.

Completing the T100fs 1960s look are rubber fork gaiters, knee pads and classically styled handlebar
mounted speedometer and rev counter, which includes a clock and trip information.

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine
Type
Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 360 degree firing interval
Capacity
865cc
Bore/Stroke
90 x 68mm
Compression Ratio
9.2:1
Fuel System
Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI

Transmission
Final Drive
x ring chain
Clutch
Wet, multi-plate
Gearbox
5-speed

Cycle Parts
Frame
Tubular steel cradle
Swingarm
Twin-sided, tubular steel
Front Wheel
36-spoke, 19 x 2.5in
Rear Wheel
40-spoke, 17 x 3.5in
Front Tyre
100/90 19
Rear Tyre
130/80 R 17
Front Suspension
Kayaba 41mm forks, 120mm travel
Rear Suspension
Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 106mm rear wheel travel
Front Brakes
Single 310mm disc, Nissin 2 piston floating caliper
Rear Brakes
Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2 piston floating caliper

Dimensions
Length
87.7in
Width (Handlebars)
29.1in
Height
43.3in
Seat Height
30.5in
Wheelbase
59in
Rake/Trail
28 degree/110mm
Wet Weight
495lbs
Fuel Tank Capacity
4.2 US gal

Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
Maximum Power EC
66bhp @ 7500 rpm
Maximum Torque EC
50ft.lbs @ 5800 rpm

Colours

Phantom Black and Fusion White, Vintage Cream and Chocolate, Forest Green and New England White
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: This Week: 2011 Triumph Bonneville T100 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by madjak30 »

I voted: uncool.

Not because I don't like the bike, but because it isn't a bike I would go out of my way to ride...the styling is very plain and looks quite dated...and yes, I know that's what they were aiming for, but it just doesn't do anything for me...it's just very...well...just meh...

It's not uncool and it's not cool, but there is not "take it, or leave it" choice...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Oh, madjak30, you are breaking my heart here. I had to resist so much to post first on this one as I absoultely love this bike for what seems to be all the reasons you dislike it...haha

I voted: AWESOME

It's a timeless classic, a bike that won't age. A bike that looks like it's from the late 60's (my guess, mid-70's) that offers modern technology in a ageless classic design; even the colors Triumph has chosen fit the bike's looks (not many bikes can pull off a "brown and cream" paint scheme...haha.

A Triumph badge and quality build, 900cc engine, comfortable seat, ergonomic design, good tank size and good power all make this one to me, a winner.

Heck, I'd buy one.

Maybe I'd convinced you to change your vote up? ;)

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

Awesome. I test rode a Thuxton a couple of years ago and the bike rode out nice. A lot like the old Triumph, but refined. I wish I had the money.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#5 Unread post by madjak30 »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Oh, madjak30, you are breaking my heart here. I had to resist so much to post first on this one as I absoultely love this bike for what seems to be all the reasons you dislike it...haha

I voted: AWESOME

It's a timeless classic, a bike that won't age. A bike that looks like it's from the late 60's (my guess, mid-70's) that offers modern technology in a ageless classic design; even the colors Triumph has chosen fit the bike's looks (not many bikes can pull off a "brown and cream" paint scheme...haha.

A Triumph badge and quality build, 900cc engine, comfortable seat, ergonomic design, good tank size and good power all make this one to me, a winner.

Heck, I'd buy one.

Maybe I'd convinced you to change your vote up? ;)

Mike
Maybe I shouldn't have voted since I don't really dislike the bike, but I don't like it either...I would take one for a spin if it was offered, but I wouldn't go out of my way to ride one...I prefer a more modern looking bike from say...the 90s...I really liked my GS500 (although it was a little small physically for me), the looks anyway...naked standard, which is what the T100 is...but I'm just not into the nostalgia bikes...not yet anyway...

It has similar appeal to me as a scooter, except I've never ridden a scooter so I would probably want to try a scoot before the T100...but neither one is cool in my view...(yeah, I know, I probably just pi$$ed off the scooter community...oops)

Maybe we should have an "on the fence" vote choice...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

Thumper
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: '14 BMW F700GS

#6 Unread post by Thumper »

Awesome. Very awesome. The only reason I don't have one in my garage right now is that I wanted mag wheels instead of spoke, so I opted for the base Bonneville. Fun to ride, tons of aftermarket stuff available...

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#7 Unread post by rayian »

I sometimes get a nostalgic longing to own one of these. Maybe one day. As far as the old British bikes go only the Norton Commando gets the awesome vote. The Bonneville is just plain cool. Cool works for me. I like the black one. Two tone doesn't really work with me

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

I'll take the orange and black Bonneville SE sitting behind the T100. There is a lot to be said for 17" wheels and the way that they make a bike handle, and tire selection available. Plus, to me the mags on the SE look much better than the spokes. Different strokes for different folks...

Overall - cool

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#9 Unread post by jstark47 »

Cool. A glance at my avatar will explain why.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#10 Unread post by mogster »

totalmotorcycle wrote: It's a timeless classic, a bike that won't age.........that offers modern technology in a ageless classic design

Totally agree with Mike except I voted COOL because that's exactly what it is.

It's understated & like a elegant lady doesn't need any bling.

It's not even trying to be awesome it's quite happy being Cooool. :lol: 8) 8)
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land