2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO - COOL WALL VOTE: AWESOME

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 100EVO.htm

2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO

The Ultimate Monster

The Monster 1100EVO perfectly mixes high engine power, a Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC) contained of advanced electronics, a new sports concept and superior riding pleasure to refine the original Monster formula, which makes it an icon of the naked segment.

The Monster 1100EVO further enhances the Monster family’s defining concepts of functionality, style and sport with a full evolution of the flagship model. Taking its name from the Desmodue Evoluzione engine, which now delivers a milestone 100hp, the 1100EVO proudly rolls out with a new exhaust system, comfortenhanced ergonomics, Marzocchi front suspension and refined tail-end in addition to the new Ducati Safety Pack (DSP) of ABS brake system and new 4-level Ducati Traction Control (DTC). The Monster 1100EVO also breaks new ground by being the first ever Monster equipped with DTC.

Ducati’s application of the “EVO” treatment now runs deep throughout the Ducati range and its introduction to the ever-improving Monster family was inevitable. It completes a stylish family of lifestyle motorcycles with high attention to user-friendly and safety-conscious detail, while ensuring the Monster’s cult status as a design icon of hand-built, naked motorcycles remains as authentic as ever.

Timeless icon

Ever since its first appearance, the radically styled Monster has been the undisputed icon of Italian flair and the symbol of Ducati’s history. Over the years it has been a source of inspiration to the entire motorcycle industry: its innovative look has encouraged the
development of similar models by other makers, but as the well-known saying goes, “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”. For anyone with a taste for personalisation, it is a stunning object of desire: you could travel the world and still have trouble finding two Ducati Monsters that are completely alike. The history of the Monster is one of total success, characterised by constant technological evolution that has led to this latest version: the Monster 1100EVO, the “Ultimate Monster”.

The Ultimate Monster

The Monster 1100EVO redefines the original formula that has made the Monster the naked icon of the last eighteen years. It is nothing less than the perfect union of power, electronics at the service of active safety, jaw-dropping design and sheer riding pleasure. The supreme performance of the Monster 1100EVO stems from the Desmodue Evoluzione engine, which, with its 100
hp, delivers the hardest-hitting punch ever seen on a 2-valve twin. The new efficient, assertively stylish exhaust and sports-flavoured 10-spoke wheels are a powerful invitation to get going and discover the sophisticated electronics contained in the Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), not to mention the new ergonomics, which takes riding comfort to a whole new level. All of this has been made even more exclusive by the Ducati Corse stripe running from front mudguard to passenger seat cover. The result? A racier, more enthralling Monster than ever.

Desmodue 1100 Evoluzione

Style, practicality, performance and safety, four words that embody the essence of the Monster 1100EVO. The evolution mainly lies in the new Desmodue Evoluzione, the first 2-valve Ducati engine able to achieve 100 hp yet still provide incredibly fluid power.
The “Desmodromic heart” that drives the Monster 1100EVO is the result of constant refinement of the air-cooled Desmos; painstaking improvements to air intake and combustion ensure 10.5 kgm of torque at a 6000 rpm, providing full-bodied power delivery right across the range, from city-centre bottom end performance to the thrilling lunges of the open out-of-town road.

Naked. By design

The 1100EVO has been developed in keeping with a ”less is more” philosophy, an integral part of the Monster style right from the beginning. What we haven’t changed, though, are the essential, seductive lines: the sides are narrow, the Trellis frame made of
steel tubing and coupled to the rear, cast aluminium subframe. Moreover, with its “Desmodromic heart” proudly on display, the Monster 1100EVO oozes personality like no other.

Even the new exhaust system makes its mark, giving the bike an even feistier look: the sinuous, assertive manifolds hug the right-hand side of the bike before opening out into the two overlapped silencers. In addition to maximising power, they make the tail dynamic and essential, in perfect Ducati style. Another touch of sports flair is added by the 10-spoke wheels. Emblematic of an alluring lifestyle, the Monster 1100EVO is pure naked essence.

Priority N° 1: safety

Ducati’s commitment to safety is stronger than ever. The Monster 1100EVO comes, as standard, with the Ducati Safety Pack, a concentrate of powerful electronics that improves control and enhances safety whatever the situation. The pack features two complementary systems: the awesome ABS Bosch-Brembo braking system, which ensures secure, effective braking under all grip
conditions, and Ducati Traction Control (DTC), which makes use of Ducati Corse’s vast experience in the precise, high-speed detection and control of rear wheelspin. DTC helps riders enjoy the mind-blowing joys of the Desmodue Evoluzione safely by providing four different control levels for different road conditions and riding styles.

Inimitable riding pleasure

Rider and passenger can enjoy the thrilling sensations of the new Monster 1100EVO to the max. A redesigned seat and 20 mm higher handlebars have enhanced ergonomics considerably. The new wet clutch, which combines reduced on-lever effort with anti-patter performance, provides a perfect balance between precision control and riding pleasure. Thanks to a new, progressive self-servo mechanism, the clutch disc friction coefficient is higher and the clutch spring load lower. This gives outstanding control with low lever effort, a must when it comes to the stop-start of inner city riding or on long journeys, while in ‘anti-patter’ mode it counteracts any destabilisation of the rear wheel during even the most aggressive down-changing. The Monster 1100EVO also boosts passenger comfort thanks to the new exhaust, positioned away from the legs, and attachment points for handles, available as a Ducati Performance accessories. Pure, uncompromising riding pleasure.

2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO - USA Specifications/Technical Details

Engine
TYPE
L-Twin cylinder, 2 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, air cooled
DISPLACEMENT
1078cc
BORE X STROKE
98 x 71.5mm
COMPRESSION RATIO
11.3:1
POWER
100hp (73.5kW) @ 7500rpm
TORQUE
76lb-ft (10.5kgm) @ 6000rpm
FUEL INJECTION
Siemens electronic fuel injection, 45mm throttle body
EXHAUST
Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and two lambda probes. Twin aluminium mufflers
Transmission
GEARBOX
6-speed
RATIO
1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=24/28
PRIMARY DRIVE
Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1
FINAL DRIVE
Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
CLUTCH
Wet multiplate with hydraulic control
Emissions
STANDARD
Euro 3

Chassis
FRAME
Tubular steel Trellis frame
WHEELBASE
1450mm (57.1in)
RAKE
24°
FRONT SUSPENSION
Marzocchi 43mm fully adjustable usd forks
FRONT WHEEL TRAVEL
130mm (5.1in)
FRONT WHEEL
10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x17
FRONT TYRE
120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
REAR SUSPENSION
Progressive with preload and rebound Sachs adjustable monoshock
REAR WHEEL TRAVEL
148mm (5.8in)
REAR WHEEL
10-spoke in light alloy 5.50x17
REAR TYRE
180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
FRONT BRAKE
2 x 320mm discs, 4-piston radial calliper with ABS
REAR BRAKE
245mm disc, 2-piston calliper with ABS
FUEL TANK CAPACITY
13,5l (3.6USgal)
DRY WEIGHT
169kg (373lb)
INSTRUMENTS
Digital unit displaying: Speedometer, rev counter, time, scheduled maintenance warning, oil temperature, trip fuel, lap time, warning light for low oil pressure, fuel level, fuel reserve, neutral, turn signals, warning ABS, overrev, DTC, immobilizer. Ready for DDA system.
WARRANTY
2 years unlimited mileage
BODY COLOUR (FRAME/WHEEL)
Red with white stripe (red / black) - Diamond Black with Racing grey stripe (racing gray / black)
VERSIONS
Dual seat
SEAT HEIGHT
810mm (31.9in)

DDA
DDA
DDA system-ready

DTC
DTC
Standard equipment

ABS
ABS
Standard equipment
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2012 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok guy and gals, have fun with this one!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#3 Unread post by HYPERR »

Any bike with a 100 horsepower version of the 2V air cooled Duc engine has to be awesome. :D

I have even grown to like the design of the new Monster as well (are you listening High Side?). :laughing:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

Vote: AWESOME...

For the same reason that I love my bike (Yamaha MT-01)...naked sport/standard...v twin engine (torque rich)...not too much Hp, but enough to make the ride fun...nice clean simple styling...it's about the ride, and nothing else...

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#5 Unread post by HYPERR »

I wish Ducati would make the Supersport again with this engine in a sports bike.
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:Any bike with a 100 horsepower version of the 2V air cooled Duc engine has to be awesome. :D

I have even grown to like the design of the new Monster as well (are you listening High Side?). :laughing:
Yep :laugh5: Next month -you'll warm up to the Diavel

mogster
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: Speed Triple 1050 se '09

#7 Unread post by mogster »

A new naked Ducati ai it's just got to be awesome!

Looking forward to seeing & hearing one in the flesh.
MOG
:party:

The roar of her mighty TRIUMPH was heard throughout the land

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Like many on this forum, I like me some nekkidness. Awesome vote for this one. It might be heresy, but the looks have grown on me too, and I actual prefer the new Monsters to the old ones.

Great thing about the Monsters, they've got accessory tanks and tailpieces in lots of classic pain schemes. I especially like the Darma paint scheme
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

The SINGLE BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT of the EVO over any of the other "new" Monsters is the footpeg brackets..........no really! On our "new" Monster the passenger pegs are connected to the riders pegs on one big ugly aluminum bracket that not only wrecks the looks of the bike, but also pushes your heels apart as a rider. You don't realize how much that can bother you until you try riding one aggressively.
HYPERR wrote:I have even grown to like the design of the new Monster as well (are you listening High Side?). :laughing:
It's must be the footpeg bracket.... :mrgreen:

The second biggest improvement is the exhaust system - it looks awesome. Maybe Mrs. High_Side could pilot this thing with some platform shoes........

I'd like to try the EVO to really know for sure, but last time I went to test ride a Ducati (a Multistrada) I ended up on a Royal Enfield :laughing:

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#10 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:Any bike with a 100 horsepower version of the 2V air cooled Duc engine has to be awesome. :D

Yep :laugh5: Next month -you'll warm up to the Diavel
:scared:
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS