2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro - VOTED: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro is..

You may select 1 option

View results

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: This Week: 2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro - VOTE NOW

#21 Unread post by High_Side »

I gotta say that the new tail looks a lot better....

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#22 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:I gotta say that the new tail looks a lot better....
I do agree. Funny enough, the new tail reminds me a little of the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob tail... but I'm sure I've seen that tail design on another bike...I just can't place it 100%.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#23 Unread post by jstark47 »

It looks better than it used to - the first ones were hideous. I still think the proportions are odd and unappealing. The specifications are interesting, but I can't get around the looks. (and I own a V-strom!!!)

Uncool.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

High_Side

#24 Unread post by High_Side »

jstark47 wrote:(and I own a V-strom!!!)
I need to put something like that after all my comments to qualify where I am coming from.....(and I own a Superduke). My wife assures me - it's not good looking (but I like it).

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#25 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
I need to put something like that after all my comments to qualify where I am coming from.....(and I own a Superduke). My wife assures me - it's not good looking (but I like it).
Nobody will be able to top you in that regard if you get the Diavel..... :scared:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side

#26 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:
Nobody will be able to top you in that regard if you get the Diavel..... :scared:
Hyperr - a man so full of hate for 1 simple Ducati :laughing:

I'm starting to like it more and more :P In this months Motorcycle Sport and Leisure they compare it to the V-Max and the Diavel flat out smokes it. They said that it is so popular in the UK that the dealers can't stock enough of 'em :whistling:

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#27 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:
Hyperr - a man so full of hate for 1 simple Ducati :laughing:

I'm starting to like it more and more :P In this months Motorcycle Sport and Leisure they compare it to the V-Max and the Diavel flat out smokes it. They said that it is so popular in the UK that the dealers can't stock enough of 'em :whistling:
:wtf: Get the Streetfighter instead. At least it loooks good.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side

#28 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote: :wtf: Get the Streetfighter instead. At least it loooks good.
Can't do it. I rode the Superduke to and from my demo ride on the Streetfighter and........

I wouldn't trade. The S-F had a strong top end hit, but not as much as expected and I think I could actually go faster on my KTM. Add that to the Superduke is way more comfy, and somehow more fun.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote: I'm starting to like it more and more :P In this months Motorcycle Sport and Leisure they compare it to the V-Max and the Diavel flat out smokes it. They said that it is so popular in the UK that the dealers can't stock enough of 'em :whistling:
I've only ever seen 1, just one, in here in London on the road, and there are thousands of motorcycles around so I see a lot of models and on top of that I go to the ACE Cafe bike nights (that's where I saw it).

Interesting enough, seeing just 1 Diavel is the same amount of times as I've seen the DN-01 on the roads here!

Not sure why Motorcycle S&L said it's that popular in the UK, it's just not at all, every other model is more popular. Maybe what they mean to say is "Dealers only ordered 1 in stock and there was a dealer that requested 2"

BTW - It is very ugly* in real life, worse than in the showroom when the light hits it. But if you owned one, I'd have to change my opinion of course. :lol:

* And I owned a V-Strom.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#30 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
High_Side wrote: I'm starting to like it more and more :P In this months Motorcycle Sport and Leisure they compare it to the V-Max and the Diavel flat out smokes it. They said that it is so popular in the UK that the dealers can't stock enough of 'em :whistling:
I've only ever seen 1, just one, in here in London on the road, and there are thousands of motorcycles around so I see a lot of models and on top of that I go to the ACE Cafe bike nights (that's where I saw it).
Funny enough, I saw my first Diavel on the road last Sunday. Two, in fact (a group of Ducatisti were riding together). Seeing it in real life made me a bit more forgiving. I'd say it looks purposeful and has lots of presence. Still wouldn't call it pretty though*.

*Ok, I've never had a V-Strom, but I ride a BMW Rockster, which IMHO, is way uglier than a V-Strom. A V-Strom, at the very least, is symmetrical.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."