2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro - VOTED: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro - VOTED: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ilaPro.htm

2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro

Fuel Injected GV650.

Impressive performance, exceptional handling and remarkable modern sport-styling make the GV650 Pro an extreme power cruiser. The GV 650 Pro is the most powerful 650cc cruiser on the market. With belt drive, triple disc brakes, adjustable foot rests and performance that rival many of its competitors with twice the displacement, you can show the world that cruisers perform, too. Using highly reactive styling with an engine and frame that provides great feedback, the GV 650 Pro is the closest thing to a cruiser that acts like a sportsbike.

Stand out from the crowd with the GV650. Its knockout styling and performance make it unlike other traditional cruisers. The GV650 is loaded with performance equipment, adjustable suspension, wide tires, and quiet belt drive that compliments the powerful but smooth fuel injected V-twin engine. In fact, the GV650 boasts similar horsepower as many of its competitors with twice the displacement. The GV650 is absolutely the cruiser of the future.

2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro Features and Benefits

Hand-standing type front fork - Front fork by up-down method is employed to emphasize sports-type design concept, and high strength and excellent road surface following are secured together with rear sober.

Electronic VFD instrument panel - Uplift the image as a large size deluxe automobile by employing VFD digital speedometer for the first in the world in cruise type.

Rear Suspension - By use the Double-Shock Absorber for the Dynamic Driving, remove the Body vibration (left/right changes) in Cornering

Belt-driven Drive - Employs semi-permanent belt-driven method which is 3 times superior to the chain-type for the first time in domestic market realizing modesty (anti-noise) and maintenance-free.

Length-control-type foot rest

LED Type Tail & Stop Lamp - LED Type Tail & Stop Lamp for Rear side Visibility and no bulb change maintenance

Wind screen

Chrome engine guard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro - US Specifications/Technical Details
USA MSRP Price: $6,899 USD

Chassis Type Liquid cooled DOHC 8-valve 90° V-twin
Displacement 647cc
Bore x Stroke 81.5 x 62
Compression Ratio 11.5 : 1
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet sump
Clutch Wet, Multiplate
Gear Constant mesh 5-Speed
Final Drive Belt
Overall Length 91.73 inches
Overall Height 45.28 inches
Overall Width 33.07 inches

Max Power 53.6kW (71.8 horsepower) / @9000RPM
Max Torque 61.4Nm (45.3 lbs/ft) / @7250RPM

Engine Wheel Base 66.93 inches
Seat Height 27.17 inches
Brake Front: 300° Semi floating double discs, 2 pistons calipers
Brake Rear: 270° Single disc, 2 pistons caliper
Suspension Front: 41° Upside down Telescopic (Compression, Rebound damping adjustable)
Suspension Rear: Swing arm with Hydraulic Double shock absorber (Preload adjustable)

Transmission Tire Front: 120/70 ZR-18 / Rear: 180/55 ZR-17
Fuel Tank Capacity 4.2gal.
Curb Weight 512lbs

Colors: Red, Solid Black, Steel Silver
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2012 Hyosung GV650 Aquila Pro - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This is our first Hyosung on the TMW Motorcycle Cool Wall. And since Hyosung just released their 2012 models ( http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... yosung.htm ), this seemed fitting.

I just wanted to point out... Look at the competitve price $6,899 USD...

To compare:

2012 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 $8,240+
2012 Yamaha V-Star 950 $8,490

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

After the last two bikes went "Awesome" you thought that we should switch it up a little maybe? :laughing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:After the last two bikes went "Awesome" you thought that we should switch it up a little maybe? :laughing:
You don't think this will be the 3rd? It's the biggest V-Twin cruiser you can buy new for under $6800 new... but is it cool enough to ride?

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

High_Side wrote:After the last two bikes went "Awesome" you thought that we should switch it up a little maybe? :laughing:
+1

I was kinda getting tired of all these bikes that loads of people would like. It's a good twist to see a posted bike that (might) generate a bit more discussion.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:
+1

I was kinda getting tired of all these bikes that loads of people would like. It's a good twist to see a posted bike that (might) generate a bit more discussion.
Ya, that's what I kinda thought. If anything, it will be a good discussion on how cool you can look on an inexpensive bike or what price you can put on cool.

To be honest, I don't know what side of the cool line this one will end up.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BTW - Savings costs in gas/petrol as well:
64.0 MPG, 3.7 L/100km

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/Motorcyc ... 10-MPG.htm

which is 8 mpg better than the Honda and 15 mpg better than the Yamaha... so the cost can add up... but is it cool to save?

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#8 Unread post by madjak30 »

I've seen one of these on the street...the sound is different, the look is different and it goes like HELL!! I thought it was some kind of homebuilt bike...performance engine in a cruiser frame, but it was a Hyosung...

Makes it a COOL vote for me...would have been awesome, but the styling of the rear fender seems odd to me...but the rest is pretty cool looking in my book!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

madjak30 wrote:I've seen one of these on the street...the sound is different, the look is different and it goes like HELL!! I thought it was some kind of homebuilt bike...performance engine in a cruiser frame, but it was a Hyosung...

Makes it a COOL vote for me...would have been awesome, but the styling of the rear fender seems odd to me...but the rest is pretty cool looking in my book!!

Later.
I've never got to see one on the street before myself (just in the showrooms and shows). You bring up a really good point, why don't manufacturers put a sport bike engines in a cruiser? Suzuki could do it with the 1000cc V-Twin they have... Kawasaki did it of course with their Vulcan 500 (Ninja 500R engine) and the Mean Steak as well. Yamaha with the V-Max... well, I'd like to see more of them myself too.

If it's about standing out and going like hell, then the Hyosung is a winner it seems to me there.

Mike

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#10 Unread post by rayian »

I don't know about "remarkable modern sport-styling". Doesn't look much like a sport bike to me. So where's the torque and hp numbers?
Just a gut feeling but I vote fail.