2012 Honda Shadow RS 750 - Voted: COOL

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Honda Shadow RS (VT750RS) is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2012 Honda Shadow RS 750 - Voted: COOL

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2012 Honda Shadow RS (VT750RS)

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... T750RS.htm

2012 Honda Shadow RS (VT750RS)

Because Classic Ideas Never Go Out of Style

Behold, the classic roadster. Shadow RS

The Honda Shadow® RS serves as rolling proof that classic ideas never go out of style. By combining agile and responsive handling, V-twin power, clean, crisp lines and standard-style riding ergonomics, this is one ready and willing bike that's perfectly poised for whatever the journey may bring. The Shadow RS's higher footpegs enhance ground clearance, and its thoroughly modern liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin engine boasts Honda's sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection to enhance your riding pleasure. Climb aboard the Honda Shadow RS, and the open road is all yours.

Check it out: higher-set footpegs and a shorter, more upright bar. We’re talking serious classic roadster here, built for riders who want to actively ride their bike, and not just putt from place to place. Make no mistake: the Shadow RS will transport you anywhere you want to go, and you’re going to have a blast getting there. This Shadow offers a heavy dose of old-school roadster style and function—you don’t have to look hard to see the classic flat-track influences in the peanut-shaped fuel tank and flatter seat. It all adds up to an amazing motorcycle that’s just as much at home on a favorite back road as it is prowling on a Saturday night.

2012 Honda Shadow RS (VT750RS) Features and Benefits

•745cc liquid-cooled 52 degree V-twin
•Athletic riding position
•Classic roadster styling

New for 2012

- New Candy Blue color.

The Shadow RS has total street cred when it comes to power and torque, thanks to its brawny, liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin. Cruise cross-town or hit the highway—this machine can handle both, and sound really good doing it.

Honda Fuel Injection.

The Shadow RS’s fuel-injection system delivers trouble-free starting in almost any condition, and better performance to boot!

Comfortable classic.

Higher pegs, more upright bars, and a plush, low, but slightly flatter saddle add up to cruiser comfort with a sporty feel. Which, when you think about it, is exactly how it should be with a machine this versatile.

Don’t be fuelish.

One of the best things about the Shadow RS? It gets awesome fuel economy. How good? How about an estimated 56 miles per gallon*? Now that’s Honda smart!

*Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.

Great Ideas Never Go Out of Style.

The Honda Shadow RS is proof that classic ideas never go out of style. Agile and responsive, this V-twin roadster has crisp, uncluttered lines and standard-style riding ergonomics that deliver comfort and cool—and plenty of fun—in one distinctive package. The bike’s higher pegs improve ground clearance when cornering, while its sophisticated, PGM-FI fuel-injected, liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin engine makes every ride an unforgettable pleasure.

2012 Honda Shadow RS (VT750RS) - US Specifications
USA MSRP Price - $8,240.00 USD
Canada MSRP Price - $8,899.00 USD

Model: VT750RS

Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin

Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm

Compression ratio: 9.6:1

Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder

Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment, one 34mm throttle body

Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder

Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed

Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain

Suspension
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel

Brakes
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Drum

Tires
Front: 100/90-19
Rear: 150/80-16

Wheelbase: 61.4 inches

Rake (Caster Angle): 32° 30'

Trail: 134.0mm (5.3 inches)

Seat Height: 29.5 inches

Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including
0.7-gallon reserve

Estimated Fuel Economy: 56 mpg

Colors: Candy Blue

Curb Weight*: 503 pounds

*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.

Honda's fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.

Meets current EPA standards.

Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

Re: This Week's Bike: 2012 Honda Shadow RS 750 - Vote & Disc

#2 Unread post by madjak30 »

Classic good looks and a standard riding position...Honda build quality...

Not quite awesome, but definitely cool!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#3 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I went with uncool. There are too many. Bikes going for a "retro" look but this one is overly generic. I love the fuel injection but drum brakes on a 8200 usd scoot? That's crazy.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

I went with uncool for the same reason as storyunfolding, that and it look way too much like a H.D.

The only thing that kept me from voting fail is that its a Honda, so you know it should be pretty reliable.
Always ask why.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#5 Unread post by sapaul »

Cool, I have ridden them and trained the Journey of Hope Cancer survivors on them. The bike is a joy to ride and very forgiving. For that I vote cool
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#6 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

Meh wasn't an option, so I went with Cool. It isn't totally Uncool.

Looks alright, and it's a Honda, but they made three changes to it that makes it totally undesirable to me: chain drive, smaller tank (seriously, 2.7 gallons?), and higher seat.
Ooooooh. Shiny!

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#7 Unread post by jstark47 »

This thing is overflowing with "meh"-ness. Since there's no "meh" option, it's getting an Uncool.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Meh indeed. It isn't ugly and I'm sure it isn't a bad bike, but it's like staring into a bowl of muesli; I fail to see a single interesting thing about it.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#9 Unread post by BobK »

It's probably a nice bike to ride, but something about it doesn't look quite right.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: COOL

The 2012 Honda Shadow RS 750 is what I would call a "standard of today", sorta cruiser, sorta old naked bike, sorta sporty. The Shadow RS would offer many, many years of reliable and fun motorcycling in a do-it-all package for any rider.

The price is a little high, but that's a Honda for you and you are purchasing "reliability insurance" with that.

Overall, great bike and something I would be happy to own myself and ride out of town or commute with too.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.