2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout CVO: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Harley-Davidson FXSBSE CVO Breakout is...

You may select 1 option

View results

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Re: This Week- 2013 Harley-Davidson Breakout CVO: Vote & Dis

#21 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Sure you can tour on it, why not? It's got a gas tank, an engine and two wheels. Lay on a luggage kit, and plan for a couple extra fuel stops than you might otherwise, and you can tour with all the rest. And while it would certainly loose some luster riding it in the rain or mud, only a poser rider would choose not to.

And while I'll admit its certainly not meant for commuting, you certainly could if you wanted to. If you chose to. Again, poser riders, not poser bikes.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#22 Unread post by HYPERR »

jstark47 wrote:You wouldn't even take it to a bar if it was raining or muddy or dusty, or anything except warm and dry.
You shouldn't be riding any bike to a bar... :lecture:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#23 Unread post by BobK »

jstark47 wrote:
BobK wrote:Say hello to my little friend:

She had a good time posing on my bike. :lol:
I figured she was maybe your granddaughter?
No, she's my riding buddy's niece. My daughter is only 20, and isn't planning a family quite yet.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#24 Unread post by jstark47 »

HYPERR wrote:
jstark47 wrote:You wouldn't even take it to a bar if it was raining or muddy or dusty, or anything except warm and dry.
Did I ever tell you the story of the HD rider Mrs. Stark and I stopped to help on route 541 in Westampton, NJ? :D
His bike was off the road, on it's side....... I probably posted the story on TMW somewhere a few years ago.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#25 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:It's certainly not my usual bag to come riding to the defense of HD, and I'm not. But I will come in to defend the chromed-out cruiser segment, regardless of who builds it.

Fact is, there's no such thing as a poser bike -- only poser riders. We're all 'weekend warriors' of one kind or another, unless some of you are posting to this forum from the smart phone of the hooker you buried in the woods last night and have plans to hock her jewelry this afternoon to buy rx. I know I've never personally met a " 1%'er ", and I'm happy to keep it that way. I assume most of you are too. Being a weekend rider doesn't make you a poser, it makes you a citizen, father, husband, wife, mother, and generally a contributing member of society. Nothing wrong with that.

But if you drop 25k on a bike, spend your weekends polishing it in your driveway while blowing through a cooler of beer, and ride it a grand total of 200 miles between the spring and fall equinoxes (equini?), then you're a poser, whether your bike is a chromed out HD with apehangers and skull valve stem caps or a sleek plastic BMW with Arai and Fox decals all over the fairing. No poser bikes -- only poser riders. All that exists between chrome and plastic is a question of taste or style, and sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

All that said, this bike? Epic fail. An obvious Vulcan 800 clone, right down to the fender mounts.
Nice post, very nice and Well said.. I can definately respect a good opinion (and it makes me laugh too). :cowboy:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#26 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
I'll second that, unless you are just having a fountain pop or ice tea or shirley temple with a cute little pink umbrella in a frosted mug. :kicking:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#27 Unread post by BobK »

We all have different ways of enjoying the things we possess. When I was 17 I spent hours polishing my BSA 441 Victor (and I spent hours riding it too). Nowadays I maybe wipe off the oil, grease and bug splatters once a week. If you buy a bike just to impress others, you might be a poser, but if a guy buys a bike because he enjoys cleaning it, well, he's a polisher.

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

#28 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

jstark47 wrote:
JackoftheGreen wrote:Fact is, there's no such thing as a poser bike -- only poser riders.
I don't agree. This bike is a perfect example of a poser bike. It can't tour. It can't commute. It shouldn't go off pavement. You wouldn't even take it to a bar if it was raining or muddy or dusty, or anything except warm and dry. That doesn't make it unique, there are many bikes that could be critiqued that way. My step-daughter's Nightster is an example. But.... the Nightster costs 37% of what this bike costs. I can sort of justify a $10K bike whose primary function is just to look cool. But $26K should buy more than looks. This is a bike whose value-add consists mostly of appearance: it's impressively shiny, has gorgeous chrome and paint (HD has the best paint in the business). It's all about "hey, look at me!!" while being conspicuously short in the functionality department.

And that typifies poser.
You're a poser if you judge other riders for the bikes they ride. As the to "functionality department" you seem to be forgetting the CVO engine, which makes these big heavy cruisers run like scalded dogs. The breakout wasn't designed to be a touring bike, and it wasn't designed to go off road, it was designed to look awesome and go fast.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#29 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

snakedoctEr726 - I do love that 110 CVO engine myself, great torque and it made a world of a difference vs the 96. Have you rode a CVO before?

Mike

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#30 Unread post by madjak30 »

I'm voting cool...I'm not a Harley fan, or even a cruiser fan really...but I do like the look of this bike. The Turbine rims are cool to me, the seating position is cool to me, and the torque of the CVO engine is in the keeping of the bike I own...as for touring on it, why not? I tour on my bike which isn't really meant for touring...

...yet I've managed to put on 8000kms in my first season on the bike, and since the end of July I've put on another 3000kms (some recovery time was required from the crash of 2011... :oops!: )

As for the poser bike discussion, I have to totally agree with JackoftheGreen it isn't the bike, it's the rider...I know an adventure rider that got ticked at me because the ride I lead him on ended up having construction and the detour (11kms of it... :eek: ) was gravel/dirt road...he actually threw a hissy fit :blowup: and bailed on us as soon as we got to pavement...the other rider was on a cruiser and had a huge grin on his face...so yeah, it isn't the bike!!

Good pick Mike...got people talking!!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-