2013 Hyosung GT650R - Voted 44.7%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Hyosung GT650R is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Hyosung GT650R - Voted 44.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Hyosung GT650R on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GT650R.htm

2013 Hyosung GT650R

Soul Mate

The GT650R inspires rider confidence whether you're commuting to work or dominating at the racetrack. The 650cc 90-degree DOHC 8 valve fuel-injected V-twin engine delivers both peak power and a broad usable power band, while the adjustable suspension, inverted forks and oval tube frame provide you exceptional performance and extraordinary rider feedback. Four-piston calipers enhance breaking power and a LED tail lamp enhances your visibility and safety at night, while clip-on handlebars, three-position adjustable rearsets and a race-inspired full fairing complete the sportsbike package.

Cutting edge chassis, superb brakes, excellent stability and pinpoint accuracy; welcome to the high-performance division of Hyosung. A motorcycle that begs to be ridden the long way home. The GT650R is now fitted with EFI for performance, smooth running, low emissions and easy starting.

It's Australia’s best selling 650cc Super Sport bike as well.

2013 Hyosung GT650R - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $6,399, 6,599 (Graphite) USD
Canada MSRP Price: $6,399, 6,599 (Graphite) CDN

Chassis Overall Length 82.28 inches
Overall Height 44.68 inches
Overall Width 27.56 inches
Wheel Base 56.50 inches
Seat Height 32.68 inches
Brake Front: 300Ø Semi Floating double discs, 4 pistons calipers
Brake Rear: 230Ø Single disc, 2 pistons caliper
Suspension Front: 41Ø Upside down Telescopic (Compression, Rebound damping adjustable)
Suspension Rear: Swing arm with Progressive linkage Hydraulic Mono shock absorber (Preload adjustable)
Tire Front: 120/60 ZR-17 / Rear: 160/60 ZR-17
Frue Tank CapacitY 4.5gal
Curb Weight 474lbs

Engine Type Liquid cooled DOHC 8-valve 90°; V-twin
Displacement 647cc
Bore x Stroke 81.5 x 62
Compression Ratio 11.5 : 1
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet sump

Transmission Clutch Wet, Multiplate
Gear Constant mesh 6-speed
Final Drive Chain

Warranty 2 Year Limited 1st year parts & labor, 2nd year parts

Other MPG 67
Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.

* Note : Specifications and pricing are subject to change.

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GT650R.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This week: 2013 Hyosung GT650R: Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Completely new and redesigned for 2013.

Yes, both the USA and Canadian prices are the same (verified correct as of 5/3/13)

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#3 Unread post by storysunfolding »

What? We only get side photos?

With the death of the SV and the increasing quality of Hyosung I'm finding less and less to hate about the company and this bike. We have 2008 Hyosung GT 250's in our training program and have had 650's show up for track days for years. While the suspension is underwhelming (for the price point what do you expect) the torque of the V-twin and the high rev line make this an amazing 1st/2nd bike. I'm waiting on some more pictures to see if I can spot any design issues before I weigh in though. As it stands it's a solid cool for me (can't go crazy on entry level bikes unless they're amazing like the kawi 300)
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

storysunfolding wrote:What? We only get side photos?
Yes, sorry, that is all that's available at the moment (I even checked) that is of any size and quality for the press. Hyosung is one of the manufacturers that doesn't release many photos of their bikes and are limited in shot views... try to be happy that I could get such large shots as Total Motorcycle is one of the very few that even got them.... :D

I did scape around and found this for you:

650R

Hope that helps. :D

Mike

storysunfolding

#5 Unread post by storysunfolding »

ok- that front is sexy!
My Blog

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#6 Unread post by Hanson »

The price makes the GT650R competitive as a starting bike for a larger rider with other options such as the new CBR500R and the Ninja 650R, but the ride position stinks for a beginner. Just like Korean cars offer a great value with reasonable quality compared to cars from Japan, I would love to see analgous value products from Hyosung with ergonomics to fit larger riders in the North American market.

Uncool
ImageImage

storysunfolding

#7 Unread post by storysunfolding »

It's rough seeing some fail votes without explanation.
My Blog

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#8 Unread post by Hanson »

+1 storysunfolding

I think it is easy to simply equate Korean with fail. At one time it was the same for anything manufactured in Japan. Objectively, race and nationality have nothing at all to do engineering or the quality of manufacture. As an example, just look at all the horrible design problems BMW has had with it's final drives when every other manufacture has no problem manufacturing a very dependable shaft drive. Where exactly is that vaunted German engineering? I still love BMW bikes, but that is more of an emotional response to the aesthetics of their bikes and, ashamedly, even the corporate image.

I really wanted to give this bike a cool, but that is hard for me to do for a bike that folds my body up like an accordion.
ImageImage

storysunfolding

#9 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Hanson wrote:I really wanted to give this bike a cool, but that is hard for me to do for a bike that folds my body up like an accordion.
Out of curiosity- are you giving that ranking to all sport bikes unless they have a standard seating position (kawasaki 650r, 300r)?
My Blog

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#10 Unread post by Hanson »

storysunfolding wrote:
Hanson wrote:I really wanted to give this bike a cool, but that is hard for me to do for a bike that folds my body up like an accordion.
Out of curiosity- are you giving that ranking to all sport bikes unless they have a standard seating position (kawasaki 650r, 300r)?
That is a fair question, and it is best to understand that my views are from the perspective of someone who is just getting started and looking for a great first bike.

I would give other starting bikes, like the Ninja 650R and 300R a better rating as the seating position is more agreeable. I sat on both a 650R and a CBR500R just yesterday, and although the bikes are a bit smallish for my size, they where not bad considering that they need to be able to fit a large range of people. The position was a lot more upright, and less cramped, then the GT650R.

If the GT650R was a true super-sport, then I could understand the aggressive seating position and would be inclined to give it a cool rating as a super-sport even if I am unlikely to ever ride a super-sport. They Hyosung GT650R has more cramped ergonomics than even a Ninja 300R and that bike looked so small to me that I did not even swing a leg over the saddle. The seating positing of the GT650R is a lot closer to the Ninja ZX-6R with only about two thirds of the performance. At first glance the Hyosung looks like a rational choice for a first bike with a good price point and nice looks, perhaps a bit much on the power, but the riding position is very aggressive. The bike is about halfway between a super-sport and a standard sport. What I would love to see out of Hyosung is two models instead of just one that splits the difference. One that is more comparable to the 650R and the other that is more comparable to the ZX-6R. Both would be better bikes than the GT650R and both would get a cool from me provided that the build quality was good for the price point.
ImageImage