Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Honda Shadow Sabre ABS - Coolness Factor = 46.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Honda Shadow Sabre ABS on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 300CSA.htm

2014 Honda Shadow Sabre ABS on Totalmotorcycle.com

Nothing’s As Sharp As A Sabre...

How do you classify a bike as sharp as the Honda Sabre? Pro Street dragster or boulevard bad boy—the Sabre offers a heaping dose of both. It’s a sleek, modern-day custom, that’s for sure. Taking a cue from the stripped-down styling of the Fury, it goes on to carve out its own unique place in the Honda Custom lineup. Just check out the crisp, clean lines; sporty, minimalist fenders; tall, 21-inch front tire; raked-out fork and low, aggressively set bars. And let’s not forget the brawny 1312cc 52° V-twin engine responsible for putting all this wickedly cool style in motion.

One Of The Sharpest Bikes In Our Lineup.

Sure, the Sabre shares the same DNA as our other custom 1300s, especially the Fury. The open, minimalist frame with long, lean and low-slung lines, as well as the skinny front tire are all there, along with the rest of the tasty ingredients found throughout Honda’s Custom street gang—features like the potent, liquid-cooled 1312cc V-twin powerplant, specially designed 2-into-1 exhaust, smooth shaft final drive, street-skimming saddle and custom-cast wheels. But the Sabre has its own sense of muscular style. Power, handling, comfort and style to spare—the Sabre has it all.

2014 Honda Shadow Sabre ABS VT1300CSA - Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $13,250 USD
Canadian MSRP Price: TBA CDN

ENGINE Totalmotorcycle.com
Engine Type
1312cc liquid-cooled 52 degree V-twin

Bore And Stroke
89.5mm x 104.3mm

Induction
PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, one 38mm throttle body

Ignition
Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder

Compression Ratio
9.2:1

Valve Train
SOHC; three valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN Totalmotorcycle.com

Transmission
Five-speed

Final Drive
Shaft

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES Totalmotorcycle.com

Front Suspension
41mm fork; 4.0 inches travel

Rear Suspension
Single shock; 3.9 inches travel

Front Brake
Single 336mm disc with twin-piston caliper

Rear Brake
296mm disc with single-piston caliper; Optional ABS and CBS

Front Tire
90/90-21

Rear Tire
170/80-15

DIMENSIONS Totalmotorcycle.com

Rake
33° (Caster Angle)

Trail
118.0mm (4.6 inches)

Wheelbase
70.3 inches

Seat Height
26.9 inches

Curb Weight
679 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel?ready to ride.)

Fuel Capacity
4.4 gallons

Mpg
46 MPG

Model Id
VT13CSAE

Available Colors
Black

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 300CSA.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: This week: 2014 Honda Shadow Sabre ABS: Vote Today

#2 Unread post by Hanson »

Yes, it is named "Sabre", but that does not make it "sharp". It looks smooth and very clean and I like the minimalism, but it does not look "sharp". A saber is a sword with a curved blade designed for cutting rather than piercing. The shape of this moto does not invoke images of the precise movements of a blade, but rather the smooth flowing motion of a sedate stream.

To poke at Mike for just a bit of fun, "For A LOT MORE photos...", not so much this time.
ImageImage

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I am not on this one sorry I don't like it at all. 5 speed? Single binder up front @ 700lbs? I like the shaft drive but it's uncool not a fail but a Sabre to me is this
there aint nothin like it

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#4 Unread post by madjak30 »

I voted: Cool

No, it isn't a sharp tool that will carve a precise line...but it is the sharpest looking in the line...as for the 5spd, on a cruiser, it isn't a big deal. They are meant to get into top gear and just lope along. Comfort is the biggest thing and I haven't tested one, so I can't really comment but I did sit on one in the show room and it was better than the Shadow...but I'm not a fan of the Shadow because of the "square" bottom end of the tank where it meets the saddle...I find it digs into my inner thighs and I'm not a "little fella".

Anyway, nice looking bike...and it's a Honda, so...yeah. :|

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I love cruisers....but I don't like that one up there.

Fail.

I don't like the design or the shape.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#6 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

She's a work of art.

This is everything a cruiser should be. Clean, classic lines that can work with accessories, just the right amount of chrome and a laid-back riding position that can still be comfortable on the highway. My one complaint? Why such a teeny tank? This has got the power and comfort to be a great long-distance machine, but with less than 200 miles between fuel stops you can't get too far off the major freeways. If we want to avoid slab, we've gotta have range Honda.

Nonetheless, this get's an Awesome. This bike is everything I'd ever need, and sometimes the interstate isn't so bad.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Gotta give this one props for not trying to look like a Harley. Cool.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#8 Unread post by Gummiente »

Grey Thumper wrote:Gotta give this one props for not trying to look like a Harley.
Yeah, now it's trying to look like a Victory instead.

I'm with Brumbear on this one. Uncool.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#9 Unread post by Hanson »

I think it intriguing that two thoughtful and well regarded forum members, both currently riding metric cruisers from Kawasaki, should rate this Sabre at the opposite extremes of the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall spectrum. It must be that subjective aesthetics play a significant role in the cruiser segment.

Motorcycling is more than just numbers, it is an experience which is unique for each rider and a form of self expression.

Bravo: Lady and Gentleman alike.
ImageImage

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#10 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

I think you're exactly on top of it Hanson, in fact I'd go so far as to say that subjective aesthetics are perhaps the most important factor in the cruiser segment, barring practical things like price and engine size. This is why there's chrome on the headlights and leather on the grips and gold fleck in the paint. Most cruisers aren't pushing any envelopes in technology or performance or ergonomics, as this debate here has outlined. Already the Sabre's been roundly criticized for it's lack of a sixth gear, substandard brakes and sedate shaft drive, and rightly so. But the cruiser segment isn't about performance or technology, they're just about fun. So self expression is really their bread and butter, evidenced by the plethora of custom accessories available in any J&P catalogue. Rear view mirrors, floor boards, foot pegs, levers, they can all be swapped out for something just a little more 'you', and us cruiser riders shell out big bucks chasing that elusive custom personal statement. And it all starts with the 'just right' platform. For me, this is very close...