Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Honda Interceptor VFR800F - Coolness Factor = 69.0%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Honda Interceptor VFR800F on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FR800F.htm

Refinement No Other Bike Can Touch...

With experience comes wisdom. Sure, fluorescent-colored breakfast cereal might be fun when you’re a kid, but as you learn more, you start eating smarter. Same with your motorcycles. Loud, flashy bikes that try to grab your attention with outrageous styling, but do not turn or stop well? Seating positions that would give a chiropractor nightmares? Pass. The experienced rider looks for a machine that works with him or her. That offers plenty of performance, that’s comfortable to ride—even at a brisk pace.

For generations, that’s meant Honda’s Interceptor, a bike that performs as well in the curves as it does on the open road. The Interceptor's 782cc V-4 VTEC engine with fuel-injection mapping for better low-end torque feel. It includes adjustable seat height to better fit a range of riders, front-mount radiator for a slimmer profile, radial-mount front brakes, and all-side muffler, wheels and Pro-Arm swingarm. There’s even a Deluxe model for 2015 with features like traction control, anti-lock brakes, self-cancelling turn signals, a centerstand and heated grips.

A Showcase Of Our Best Technology

The Interceptor is a groundbreaking machine and always has been. The latest 2015 version offers a stunning number of features like LED headlights, available traction control and our Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS). And the V-4 VTEC engine runs on two valves per cylinder at low engine speeds and four valves per cylinder at higher revs. All are designed to give you one of the most capable machines we’ve ever built.

2015 Honda Interceptor VFR800F - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $14499 USD

ENGINE

Engine Type
782cc liquid-cooled 90° V-4

Bore And Stroke
72mm x 48mm

Induction
PGM-FI with automatic enrichment circuit, 36mm throttle bodies

Ignition
Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping and electronic advance

Compression Ratio
11.8:1

Valve Train
VTEC DOHC; four valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission
Close-ratio six-speed

Final Drive
#525 O-ring chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES

Front Suspension
43mm with spring-preload adjustability; 4.3 inches travel

Rear Suspension
Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link® single spring-preload and rebound damping adjustability; 4.7 inches travel

Front Brake
Dual full-floating 310 mm discs with four-piston calipers

Rear Brake
Single 256 mm disc

Front Tire
120/70ZR-17 radial

Rear Tire
180/55ZR-17 radial

DIMENSIONS

Rake
25.5°

Trail
95mm (3.74 inches)

Wheelbase
57.4 inches

Seat Height
31.0 inches to 31.8 inches

Curb Weight
529 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)

Fuel Capacity
5.2 gallons

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FR800F.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2015 Honda Interceptor VFR800F - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As requested this week...a good ol' Honda bike!

Enjoy!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Gave it a solid cool. Been a big fan of the Interceptor ever since I started riding in the early 80's and it was THE bike to have at the time. Later when I returned to riding, it was on a Honda V45 Sabre, basically the same engine though not quite as was in those early Interceptors.

I will have to sit on one these new ones to see if it is the sport bike for those of us that don't bend over as well as will did neigh on 35 years ago.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It looks good in white. :)

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#5 Unread post by faded sun »

ceemes wrote:Gave it a solid cool. Been a big fan of the Interceptor ever since I started riding in the early 80's and it was THE bike to have at the time. Later when I returned to riding, it was on a Honda V45 Sabre, basically the same engine though not quite as was in those early Interceptors.

I will have to sit on one these new ones to see if it is the sport bike for those of us that don't bend over as well as will did neigh on 35 years ago.
If you drive fast enough the wind helps hold you up when you are bent over. :)
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#6 Unread post by pchast »

the back still hurts with the extension.
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

faded sun wrote:
ceemes wrote:Gave it a solid cool. Been a big fan of the Interceptor ever since I started riding in the early 80's and it was THE bike to have at the time. Later when I returned to riding, it was on a Honda V45 Sabre, basically the same engine though not quite as was in those early Interceptors.

If you drive fast enough the wind helps hold you up when you are bent over. :)

Holding oneself up is not the issue, folding oneself into the correct riding position is.........me auxiliary spare tyre has a habit of getting in the way......
Always ask why.

ibanrfknm
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 50
My Motorcycle: FXDBI

#8 Unread post by ibanrfknm »

I've always liked this bike over the years and like creemes I rode the v45 many years ago. I very much like the engine. It's smooth, strong and potent.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

Altho nowhere as pretty as the '97 VFR750F nor awesome as the gear driven quad cammed non-VTEC '98 VFR800FI; all VFRs that aren't the 1300 are awesome in my book. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#10 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Whatever happened to mid-size sport tourers? Now only this VFR and BMW's F800GT come to mind (and both are evolutions of older platforms).

Comfortable ergos, some wind protection, some hard panniers, less weight, more nimbleness; isn't this all the touring rider needs? (Well, touring riders that don't carry pillions). Anyway, it's a solid cool, particularly in white.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."