Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Honda CBR650F - Coolness Factor = 64.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Honda CBR650F on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... BR650F.htm

About Limits...

Bikes used to be arranged around how big their engines were: 250, 500, 750 or 1000cc. Then inflation set in, and 500s became 600s, and the 750s became 800s. Unless you were racing in a special displacement grouping, it all seemed a little silly. Didn’t we all just want a great motorcycle, regardless of some arbitrary engine size?

Well, that’s what you get with the CBR650F, and why riders find is such a joy. A truly fun ride at a great price, it's both practical and fun—what Honda does like no one else. Its inline-four engine specifically tuned for low-to-midrange torque, delivering a powerband that’s suited for a wide range of riding styles. Weekday commuter, weekend sport riding, long trips, short hauls, solo or with a passenger—the CBR650F does it all.

CBR650F - built for both the young and the young at heart

Who says that practical, comfortable, everyday bikes can’t generate the adrenalin rush of their RR brethren? Case in point, the CBR650F - its high torque, in-line four-cylinder engine, tuned for strong low-end, mid-range and top-end power, provides tremendous drive off the line and out of turns. The all-new steel chassis positions the engine far forward for optimal weight distribution and is tuned to provide an excellent balance between comfort and rigidity. An aluminum swingarm with a direct mounted single-shock handles the suspension duties at the rear while a 41 mm front fork keeps the front end planted in turns. Powerful, dual 320 mm wave-style front-brake rotors, supported by a single 240 mm rear, provide track level stopping power. Two channel ABS works in harmony with the wide, high-traction sporting radial tires to help ensure strong and secure stopping in a variety of conditions.

So the CBR650F has the sporting credentials to live-up to the CBR designation, but what will catch your eye first is the unique styling. The design team for the CBR650F included a number of young engineers in their 20s who wanted to create a thoroughly modern and unique sport bike for today’s world. Since the engine, chassis, bodywork and, even, the wheels were all new, they had virtually a blank canvas to work with and what they came up with is a stunning design. From the minimalist full fairing that leaves most of the engine exposed, to the sweeping exhaust headers, to the arcing aluminum swingarm, the CBR650F is attractive from any angle.

2015 Honda CBR650F - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $9499 CDN

ENGINE

Engine Type
649cc Liquid-Cooled Inline Four-Cylinder

Bore And Stroke
67mm x 46mm

Induction
PGM-FI Programmed Automatic Enrichment Circuit, with 42mm Throttle Bodies

Ignition
Digital transistorized with electronic advance

Compression Ratio
11.4:1

Valve Train
DOHC; four valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN

Transmission
Six-speed

Final Drive
#525 O-ring chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES

Front Suspension
41mm Fork; 4.3 inches travel

Rear Suspension
Single shock with spring-preload adjustability; 5.0 inches travel

Front Brake
Two-piston calipers with dual 320mm discs

Rear Brake
Single-caliper 240mm disc

Front Tire
120/70ZR-17 radial

Rear Tire
180/55ZR-17 radial

DIMENSIONS

Rake
25.3° (Caster Angle)

Trail
101.3mm (3.98 inches)

Wheelbase
57 inches

Seat Height
31.9 inches

Curb Weight
461 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)

Fuel Capacity
4.5 gallons

Miles Per Gallon
TBD*

OTHER

Model Id
CBR650F

Emissions
Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.

Available Colors
Red, Candy Blue, Matte Black Metallic
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Honda CBR650F - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I fear Honda may not sell many CBR650Fs at all with the looks for the replies (I don't think we ever had no interest in a model before, even am off-road scooter). LOL.

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

After deliberation, I voted Cool.

It's hard to fault a good, reliable, inline 4, mid sized do it all sportbike with comfortable seating. A more attractive price would have given it a bump up to Awesome for me as the CBR650F has good competition from Kawasaki's 650R.

I can't see why the CBR650F wouldn't sell, but I'd say wait to buy one used.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Husqvarna FE501S Dual Sport - Coolness Factor = 64.7%
Featured: July 3rd, 2015 - July 10th 2015
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51536
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... BR650F.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Honda CBR650F is:

Awesome (3 points) 18% [ 3 ]
Cool (2 points) 59% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 24% [ 4 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 17

= a Coolwall Factor of 64.7%

Notes: While you can make a bike that looks good in person and on paper, sometimes you can't explain why it's dreadfully not popular. Maybe it's the premium price that needs to come down?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Boyderson
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
My Motorcycle: 2019/Hero/splendor

Re: 2015 Honda CBR650F - Coolness Factor = 64.7%

#5 Unread post by Boyderson »

Your article content is being very much interested, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts.

Boydersons
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: 2019/Hero/Splendor

#6 Unread post by Boydersons »

I love riding

NarcisaFultz
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Japanese bike

#7 Unread post by NarcisaFultz »

Cooool! I want to possess that!

clara167
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 23
My Motorcycle: 2019 honda black

#8 Unread post by clara167 »

Thank you for having the greatest blog. I found it very beneficial. Continue to share such concepts in the future. Thank you for providing me with helpful information. I might need it!

markjoshh89
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 120

#9 Unread post by markjoshh89 »

The coolness of Honda as an automotive brand can be attributed to several factors. Firstly, Honda has a strong reputation for producing reliable and durable vehicles. Many Honda owners praise the longevity and low maintenance of their cars, which adds to the brand's cool factor.

Secondly, Honda is known for its innovation, particularly in the field of hybrid and electric vehicles. The introduction of models like the Honda Clarity and the Honda Insight showcases the brand's commitment to environmentally friendly technologies, making it a cool choice for eco-conscious consumers.