Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Triumph Speed 94R - Coolness Factor = 72.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Triumph Speed 94R on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... eed94R.htm

21 Years of The Speed Triple...

In 1994 the original Speed Triple burst into showrooms and set the scene for 21 years of naked dominance by mixing cool, café racer culture with the muscular aggression of the streetfighter scene, wrapped up in sportsbike-style handling prowess. The combination was an instant hit, wowing all kinds of riders from the spectrum of biking. Whether you were a hard-core sportsbike enthusiast or a relaxed Sunday-afternoon cruiser, you could find what you wanted in the Speed Triple.

2016 Triumph Speed 94R http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

21 Years of The Speed Triple

In 1994 the original Speed Triple burst into showrooms and set the scene for 21 years of naked dominance by mixing cool, café racer culture with the muscular aggression of the streetfighter scene, wrapped up in sportsbike-style handling prowess. The combination was an instant hit, wowing all kinds of riders from the spectrum of biking. Whether you were a hard-core sportsbike enthusiast or a relaxed Sunday-afternoon cruiser, you could find what you wanted in the Speed Triple.

Since then, the Speed Triple has constantly moved with the times, evolving to keep pace with customer needs and the demands of modern riding, but always faithfully delivering the same core philosophy of raw, naked good looks coupled with outstanding handling. Each new evolution has benefitted from advances in engine and chassis performance, but all have retained the indomitable physical stance and raw attitude of the original inline triple, and each developing its own band of passionate owners and fans.

Today, that vision is brought full circle with the new Speed 94R and Speed 94RR each loaded with styling and design cues that echo the original and provide a fitting celebration of 21 years at the cutting edge of the class.

Speed 94R

The Speed 94R and Speed 94RR unite both ends of the Speed Triple story, combining the modern Speed Triple engine and chassis package together with stylistic and visual elements of the very first, original Speed Triple from 1994. The result is, literally, the best of both worlds.

The heart of the Speed 94R and Speed 94RR is a modern, fuel-injected three-cylinder 1050cc motor producing an astonishing 135PS and 111Nm of torque. The powerplant is matched to an aluminium trellis frame, beefy single-sided swingarm, fully adjustable 43mm upside-down Showa forks and monoshock, and Brembo radial calipers equipped with Triumph’s anti-lock brake system. The Speed 94R signature look is completed with a host of styling and design cues to echo the original 1994 Speed Triple, either in striking Racing Yellow or moody Jet Black, specially re-formulated to match the first Speed Triple paint schemes and finished with decals in the original Speed Triple script.

2016 Triumph Speed 94R - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com European Specifications/Technical Details
Europe/UK MSRP Price: OTR £10,999.00 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)

Engine and Transmission

typeLiquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
capacity1050cc
bore79.0mm
stroke71.4mm
systemMultipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
exhaustStainless Steel 3 into 1 into 2, twin high level stainless steel silencers
final driveX-Ring-Chain
clutchWet,Multi-Plate
gearbox6-Speed
oil capacity3.8L

Chassis, Running Gear and Displays

frameAluminium beam twin-spar
swingarmSingle-sided, aluminium alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
Front WheelsCast aluminium alloy multi-spoke 17 x 3.5in
Rear WheelsCast aluminium alloy multi-spoke 17 x 6.0in
Front Tyres120/70 ZR 17
Rear Tyres190/55 ZR 17
Front SuspensionÖhlins 43mm NIX30 upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel
Rear SuspensionÖhlins TTX36 twin tube Monoshock with rebound and compression damping, 130mm rear wheel travel
brakes frontTwin 320mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston Monobloc radial calipers , Switchable ABS
brakes rearSingle 255mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
instrument display and functionsLCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, programmable gear change lights, lap timer, service interval announcement and TPMS ready, switchable ABS.

Dimensions and Capacities

length2100mmmm
width handlebars795mm
height without mirror1110mm
seat height825mm
wheelbase1435mm
rake22.8°
trail90.9mm
tank capacity17.5l
wet weight214 kg
dry weight186 kg

Performance

max power ec 133BHP @ 9400
max torque ec 111NM @ 7750

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... eed94R.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Harley-Davidson Softail Slim S Fat Custom - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I posted this in our 2016 Triumph Model Guide back in July and I thought it's about time it comes to light on our TMW Cool Wall.

No word yet if it is coming to our shores, but it's available in Europe and Triumph usually brings the same bikes over so there is a very high chance it will come here.

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week: 2016 Triumph Speed 94R - Vote Now

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

In all honesty, I can only give it a cool. I've always liked a naked performance bike, and this one looks to be one of the best of the breed.....but sadly, that bug eyed headlight and instrument cluster combo is an eyesore that I can't forgive.
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#4 Unread post by faded sun »

ceemes wrote:In all honesty, I can only give it a cool. I've always liked a naked performance bike, and this one looks to be one of the best of the breed.....but sadly, that bug eyed headlight and instrument cluster combo is an eyesore that I can't forgive.
+1

My wife thinks it looks futuristic; I think it looks a bit like Alien. But that is a lot of horses, so I will go with cool.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#5 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted Awesome, I love naked sport bikes and the Triumph is a legend in the category. I really like the looks from the side (especially the single sided swing arm). The look of the headlights are not my favorite feature, but it would not be deal breaker for me, I like the old school round twin headlights they used to have.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#6 Unread post by jstark47 »

First, there's nothing modern about that 1050 motor. That design is OLD. Second, if there really wanted to invoke the spirit of the old Speed Triples, they'd go back to the round headlights. Triumph (like many other companies) is trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of an old design through cosmetic tweaks. Although other companies do it too, that doesn't make it cool.

Uncool.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

jstark47 wrote:First, there's nothing modern about that 1050 motor. That design is OLD. Second, if there really wanted to invoke the spirit of the old Speed Triples, they'd go back to the round headlights. Triumph (like many other companies) is trying to squeeze a few more dollars out of an old design through cosmetic tweaks. Although other companies do it too, that doesn't make it cool.

Uncool.
Completely agree with Jstark.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I've always liked the Street Triple, and it deserves a cool vote at least. This bike isn't that old; it came out in 2011, but it feels very dated compared to current competition. Isn't the engine basically a bored and stroked out version of Triumph's late 90's open class triple? And with a bare minimum of electronic rider aids, it almost feels retro compared to the new Duc Monster, Aprilia Tuono, KTM Superduke, heck, even BMW's relatively sedate R1200R. Which can be either a good or bad thing, depending on one's preferences.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#9 Unread post by jstark47 »

Grey Thumper wrote:Isn't the engine basically a bored and stroked out version of Triumph's late 90's open class triple?
I believe just stroked, but yes, developed from the later 955 triples.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

I really want to vote awesome, but there (as noted above) things about the Speed that just prevent me from doing so. What I do like is the "retro" look, which I guess is more of a "it doesn't look as modern as a...", but I still like it with one glaring exception, the headlights. Argh, I really wished Triumph would go back to the round ones. LOVE the single sided swing arm (ahmen, Ducati, why did you drop it on the little Monster?). For this model, I really like the yellow color, it's rim spoke design and even the accent rim tape.

Fun bike, looks like it's fast just sitting there. The engine maybe slightly dated, but hey, it's a fast engine with a unique character still, it just won't win the HP race, but that's ok with me (YMMV).

Mike